Re: Dreamcast/NAOMI GD-ROM dumping instructions

No problem, you can still use it to dump 3-track-games. Just make sure to dump track02 separately on a PC drive using EAC with offset correction (and add 352800 bytes of 0x00 to the beginning of the file afterwards). You should be able to match redump's dumps then smile

DC drive is a modified Yamaha 400R (as long as I remember it has a different chip so it can read gdroms), I don't know its read offset

Please don't take dumpcast db for redump db, gaps from dumpcast are all wrong and bad. Here is Redump and not dumpcast.

We don't need to dump gaps on the fly or any offset for HD area*, if the author of dcsdrip (or someone else, I don't see any source code on his website http://f17.aaa.livedoor.jp/~takotako/dc … p#dcsdrip) can modify this prog to read data from sector to sector in raw audio (one single audio mode file for all HD area data - sector 44990-549150 -**, the same we do on PC with cdrwin), we can use it to get right tracks from HD area using ICE.

*When cdrwin dumps HD area in audio mode it has only the drive read offset correction, then is ICE that scramble and splits the tracks. SD area can be dumped on any pc drive.

** it's sector 45000-549150, but because some discs have negative offset it's better to dump 10 more sectors before HD area default start.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

TailS... I found it, please ask jj1odm if he can add an option to dump HD (high density) area in raw audio (like it was a big single audio track, all data will be scrambled) so we can verify what I said above. Show him how it works (guide above) with cdrwin, he should understand what I mean.

My patch requests thread

Any news?

My patch requests thread

I'm still waiting for a new poc release…

SDRip : Still no news from he, he says me that parallel ripper (from him) have option to dump entire hd part in 1 file but I didn't have it for testing.
I've got several question about dreamcast dumping :
I've got several undumped games. I'm trying to do all I can to dump them but sometimes, ripping from SH-D162D gave a fews ice errors (sometimes on audio track (for games I can compare to redump)), sometimes on data tracks).
I have done with success modification on audio tracks from sdrip to be according to redump.
So : Can I add to redump database games that aren't fully dumped by SH-D162D (if I do the dump 3 or 4 times from sdrip corrected and SH-D162D) ?

Any recommendations for a commandline replacement for cdrwin? Something that can take its place dumping scrambled sector ranges. That way you could get the image in multiple sector ranges with a batch file and stitch it together. Read errors wouldn't be so painful then.

It seems like the commandline cdrwin tools are able to do the job (in particular, CDCLIP.EXE), but you need to pay for it.

PS3Dec (decrypt ps3 images), PS3DumpCheck (check integrity), GetKey (dump PS3 metadata), DatSplit (split redump dats), GPack (compress related images together)

33 (edited by pablogm123 2012-07-31 17:26:54)

I have redumped my Guilty Gear X game using the PX-W4824TU (a external W4824TA) ejecting tray by the emergency hole and starstop.exe, and everything has gone flawlessly at 4x speed, 0 C2 errors. I have dumped a sub file of high density zone which proves that last data track has a pregap of 225 sectors, 75 marked as audio + 150 marked as data. Pregaps are Sony style (i.e. a pregap of 150 sectos is encoded as 1.74-0.00, not 2.00-0.01, Philips style).

http://www.mediafire.com/?dq38isxqs68nz5a

PS: It is possible to run px_d8 to determinate offset correction of HD area, for example:

C:\Documents and Settings\Pablo>px_d8 h: 45000
Sector: 45000
MSF: 10:02:01
Combined offset: -736 bytes / -184 samples
On semi-vacation. MSF/AMSF to LBA/offset and viceversa calculator: link
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot
Spaces must be the fullwidth variant: link / screenshot

iR0b0t, please move my Plextor PX-708A entry to the supported drives list. I tested it some more and got it to work repeatedly. I also retested my ASUS and got it to work a little bit, but now I can't get it to work again.

PS: Just a note for anyone dumping GD-ROMs. Make sure you dump the disc at least twice for new dumps and don't rely on the ice output to tell you if something is bad. For one verification I did the first time I dumped the disc it didn't match but ice didn't report any errors. The disc is a little bit scratched, so I had to use DCdumper to dump it successfully.

35 (edited by pablogm123 2013-07-26 13:57:59)

The original dctools.rar file was preserved by archive.org

http://web.archive.org/web/20121116094435/http://vigi.dremora.com/dctools.rar

Mirror I have created:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2qk7vtnjt9w6p7c
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g02374d32 … v1.5.1.zip -- anyone to test? smile

37 (edited by pablogm123 2013-08-09 02:05:21)

Tested. Can open a DC dump and shows the files. However cannot extract the files, I get this message and extracted files are fully zeroed:

---------------------------
Error in Application
An unexpected error occurred.
OK   

And tested the GDDAtoWAV converter. Missing last 352800 bytes, converted files are truncated. Perhaps this function was designed without taking into account that redump appends gaps to next track, not to previous track.

Can't cdmage do the same already? if you load it with a custom .cue?

Yes, I have checked that and CDmage can open the high density dump through cue generated by ice.exe, if you delete the track 01/02 entries and add a 10 min pregap for track 03.

Anyone have a link to DCTools?

I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Warrior wrote:

Anyone have a link to DCTools?

I can't seem to find it anywhere.

http://forum.redump.org/post/44347/#p44347

Thanks a bunch sarami, I thought that was a link I checked already. smile