Topic: Dreamcast/NAOMI GD-ROM dumping instructions
With certain drives it's possible to dump the high density area of a gd-rom disc using the escape eject button. The low density area (the first 2 tracks which are always visible) can be dumped the normal way (without hotswapping) on any drive using the cd dumping guide found here: http://redump.org/guide/cddumping/ .
The high density area (sector 45000-549150) can be dumped as follows:
- insert the audio trap disc (a disc with a hacked TOC of 99 mins audio, burn it with CloneCD or Alcohol).
- use 'startstop.exe driveletter 1' to stop the drive motor.
- use a pin to press the escape eject button, so the tray will eject (or remove the drive cover).. insert the gdrom and gently push the tray back (or put the drive cover back on).
- Now extract sector 44990 (to be sure that the offset doesn't cut off any data) - 549150 using CDRWin 'Select Sectors' with the following settings: CD Audio (2352), File Format INTEL, Error Recovery Abort, Audio Speed 1x, Read Retry Count 1.
- When it's done extracting, use 'ice.exe dumpfile.bin 44990 > ice.log.txt' to descramble, split the dump data and get the ice log file.
If everything went well, the dump is ready to be submitted.
If you get any errors during extraction or if your drive fails to read the gdrom disc after swapping, then this most likely means that your drive isn't suitable for dumping gdrom discs. Read the next post to see if your drive which drives are supported/unsupported.