1 (edited by user7 2018-06-08 22:21:46)

Topic: DICUI: A simple, effective DIC GUI is now available!

VGPC / Redumper ReignStumble has published 1.0 of his  "DICUI" GUI for DiscImageCreator (by sarami).

Announcement post available here.

You can download the app here.

ALERT: DICUI is looking for code contributors!
The github is here. The app is written in the C# language.

Here's a list of features that are proposed to be added to future revision of DIC GUI:

• Output a new text file with pertinent information pertaining to the specific console for easy redump.org submission.

• An incorporation of the separate CLI progress info into a bottom area of the GUI (similar to DVD Decrypter).

• A "Stop" GUI button to abort dumping.

• Auto-report maximum read speeds to "Disc Speed" selector (as discussed here).

• Dreamcast dumping.

2 (edited by user7 2018-05-14 04:48:18)

Re: DICUI: A simple, effective DIC GUI is now available!

1.01 has been added here: https://github.com/reignstumble/DICUI/releases/

Testing for PS4 / XBONE dumping with sg_raw.exe built into the package / dump process.

Hi!

I tried to use your tool today but it doesn't see my drive for some reason. I'm using a Plextor PX712A connected to a UGREEN USB 3.0 to IDE/SATA then that goes to my PC via USB. Windows sees the drive fine, and I am able to see the disc. What can I provide you with to help troubleshoot?

Thanks,

DICUI development has been booming with darksabre76 adding a ton of updates, fresh off from a major ReignStumble update:

Here are some feature highlights:

• * edccchk now run on all CD-Roms
    * Discs unsupported by Windows are now recognized
    * Automatic drive speed selection
    * Add ability to stop a dump from the UI
    * Automatic submission information creation

The last bullet in particular is an incredibly helpful feature. It now aggregates all info from the logs into a submission template.