1,101

Re: DiscImageCreator

iR0b0t wrote:

Only this particular disc.

Please try these 3 patterns.

DiscImageCreator cd x \raw\raw_PX-760A 8 /c2 /q
DiscImageCreator cd x \raw\raw_PX-760A 8 /c2 /q /p
DiscImageCreator cd x \raw\raw_PX-760A 8 /c2 /q /raw

1,102

Re: DiscImageCreator

I have used the latest dic test version for this.

/c2 /q         no anomalies
/c2 /q /p      no anomalies
/c2 /q /raw    does exactly the same thing as "/c2 /q" does, there is no leadin, no leadout, no pregap data

/raw switch doesn't do anything, confirmed.

EDIT:
i also used the latest stable build again and this time it is just fine, i don't know what happended before, i did not use any other switches than this time and output was shifted last time.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

1,103

Re: DiscImageCreator

redump.org/disc/29657/

This is still not fixed in latest test version.

DIC logs

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

1,104 (edited by sarami 2017-09-25 18:29:24)

Re: DiscImageCreator

iR0b0t wrote:

redump.org/disc/29657/

This is still not fixed in latest test version.

DIC logs

Uploaded. Please re-test.

1,105

Re: DiscImageCreator

redump.org/disc/29657/

Still not fixed, sarami.

DIC logs

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

1,106 (edited by idlord 2017-09-24 18:00:09)

Re: DiscImageCreator

Sorry for the late response, I didn't see your PM till you mentioned it here. Uploaded the logs you requested:

DIC Logs
subdump Logs

Disc is completely shot, getting lots of errors. Also uploaded the logs for King's Quest V, another disc giving problems though I ordered another copy.

King's Quest V Logs

1,107 (edited by sarami 2017-09-25 18:28:04)

Re: DiscImageCreator

iR0b0t wrote:

redump.org/disc/29657/

Still not fixed, sarami.

DIC logs

Sorry, re-uploaded.

1,108

Re: DiscImageCreator

sarami, it looks a little better now, but still weird.

Shall i maybe move all the correspondences concerning this disc to an extra topic? [redump.org/disc/29657/]

Also, i think, i don't have to run an extra dump with /raw switch, as it doesn't do anything extra, or do you need it!?

DIC logs

I probably don't have to describe what i see from that dump, you make your own overview anyways. I have included some chunks of main channel data for you.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

1,109

Re: DiscImageCreator

iR0b0t wrote:

sarami, it looks a little better now, but still weird.

Fixed.

iR0b0t wrote:

Shall i maybe move all the correspondences concerning this disc to an extra topic?

I don't think it needs.

iR0b0t wrote:

i don't have to run an extra dump with /raw switch, as it doesn't do anything extra, or do you need it!?

I had forgotten that /raw originally only works the multi-session disc. Added that show the warning message when the single-session disc is dumped.

idlord wrote:

Sorry for the late response, I didn't see your PM till you mentioned it here. Uploaded the logs you requested:

DIC Logs
subdump Logs

Disc is completely shot, getting lots of errors.

Please try to use /f option or change the reading speed or change the drive.

idlord wrote:

Also uploaded the logs for King's Quest V, another disc giving problems though I ordered another copy.

King's Quest V Logs

I don't know why the volume descriptor isn't read. Is this ISO9660 disc?

1,110 (edited by idlord 2017-09-25 19:04:29)

Re: DiscImageCreator

I'll redump Tomb Raider II with the /f option and let you know the results, I did change the read speed and failed as well, I do not have another Plextor drive to test at the moment.

For King's Quest V, I believe the file structure is High Sierra, was able to extract the volume descriptor from ISOBuster.

0310 : 20 20 20 20 20 20 31 39  39 32 30 34 30 33 31 35         1992040315
0320 : 30 37 32 33 30 30 31 39  39 32 30 34 30 33 31 35   0723001992040315
0330 : 30 37 32 33 30 30 30 30  30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30   0723000000000000
0340 : 30 30 30 30 30 30 31 39  39 32 30 34 30 33 31 35   0000001992040315
0350 : 30 37 32 33 30 30 01 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   072300..........

1,111

Re: DiscImageCreator

redump.org/disc/29657/

sarami, it went back to previous state.

DIC logs

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

1,112

Re: DiscImageCreator

uploaded.

1,113

Re: DiscImageCreator

I have got a bunch of old UltraPlex drives (PX-32TSi) connection is SCSI so i cant test them. Does anybody know if they working with DIC? Date is 03-1998 if that helps

1,114

Re: DiscImageCreator

redump.org/disc/29657/

DIC logs

a) Dump with "/c2 /q" parameters may be good now, i have to recheck my dump with trap disc method before i can approve it.

b) Dump with "/c2 /q /p" parameters looks shifted by several sectors, i have not counted how many (bin segment in logs).

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

1,115 (edited by sarami 2017-09-29 17:24:53)

Re: DiscImageCreator

xTMODx wrote:

I have got a bunch of old UltraPlex drives (PX-32TSi) connection is SCSI so i cant test them. Does anybody know if they working with DIC? Date is 03-1998 if that helps

ReadMe.txt

Vendor                    Model                    Firmware(*1)    Lead-in    Lead-out    Scrambled    GD-ROM(*2)                Wii-ROM
 :
PLEXTOR                    PX-12TS                    1.01            Yes        Yes            Yes            No                        No
PLEXTOR                    PX-20TS                    1.00            Yes        Yes            Yes            No                        No
PLEXTOR                    PX-40TS                    1.14            Yes        Yes            Yes            No                        No

I confirmed some SCSI drives. I believe PX-32TSi also supports 0xd8 and reading lead-in/out.

1,116

Re: DiscImageCreator

sarami wrote:

ReadMe.txt

Vendor                    Model                    Firmware(*1)    Lead-in    Lead-out    Scrambled    GD-ROM(*2)                Wii-ROM
 :
PLEXTOR                    PX-12TS                    1.01            Yes        Yes            Yes            No                        No
PLEXTOR                    PX-20TS                    1.00            Yes        Yes            Yes            No                        No
PLEXTOR                    PX-40TS                    1.14            Yes        Yes            Yes            No                        No

I confirmed some SCSI drives. I believe PX-32TSi also supports 0xd8 and reading lead-in/out.

Hey thanks for the info, i have 7 of them i wont trash them then but can sell to future redump dumpers, are there any scsi 2 usb adapter for cd-roms they could use? I found only for hdd.

1,117 (edited by sarami 2017-09-29 17:30:06)

Re: DiscImageCreator

iR0b0t wrote:

a) Dump with "/c2 /q" parameters may be good now, i have to recheck my dump with trap disc method before i can approve it.

LBA[321134, 0x4e66e]: Track[01]: Invalid mode. 
========== LBA[321134, 0x4e66e]: Main Channel ==========
       +0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6 +7  +8 +9 +A +B +C +D +E +F
0000 : 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF 00 70 A3 59 82   ............p.Y.

The scrambled mode is 0x62 but this sector is 0x82. Can IsoBuster read this sector?

iR0b0t wrote:

b) Dump with "/c2 /q /p" parameters looks shifted by several sectors, i have not counted how many (bin segment in logs).

 :
LBA[000077, 0x0004d], unknown mode: 62
LBA[000078, 0x0004e], unknown mode: 62
LBA[000079, 0x0004f], unknown mode: 62
LBA[000080, 0x00050], unknown mode: 62
 :

Fixed and added MSF in EccEdc.

 :
LBA[321285, 0x4e705], mode 2 form 1, SubHeader[1](IsInterleaved[00]), [2](ChannelNum[00]), [3](SubMode[00]), Form 1, [4](CodingInfo[00])
LBA[321286, 0x4e706], unknown mode: 62
LBA[321287, 0x4e707], unknown mode: 62
LBA[321288, 0x4e708], unknown mode: 82
LBA[321289, 0x4e709], unknown mode: 62

I don't know why several sectors are shifted..

Re: DiscImageCreator

Aloha

Is there any way to run 2 copies of DIC at the same time on different drives?  I have a LOT of discs to dump in a short amount of time, but keep running into the following error:

DiscImageCreator.exe cd E: "I:\AMoC Dumps\EUR\Utilities\Photo CD Operating System [MK81681-50]\Photo CD Operating System [MK-81681P-485]\Photo CD Operating System [MK-81681P-485]" 4 /c2
[F:main][L:1077] GetLastError: 183, Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

I don't get notifications from this forum, and i don't often check PMs here as a result. If you need to reach me, please just email me or contact F1ReB4LL.

1,119

Re: DiscImageCreator

A Murder of Crows wrote:

Is there any way to run 2 copies of DIC at the same time on different drives?  I have a LOT of discs to dump in a short amount of time, but keep running into the following error:

Disabled mutex.

Re: DiscImageCreator

sarami wrote:
A Murder of Crows wrote:

Is there any way to run 2 copies of DIC at the same time on different drives?  I have a LOT of discs to dump in a short amount of time, but keep running into the following error:

Disabled mutex.

Thanks for the reply.  Please excuse my ignorance however.  I don't understand what you mean by that.

I don't get notifications from this forum, and i don't often check PMs here as a result. If you need to reach me, please just email me or contact F1ReB4LL.

Re: DiscImageCreator

iR0b0t wrote:

@A Murder of Crows
he pretty much did what you asked him for, you should be able to run multiple DIC instances now.

>> Test version 20170930


ah, i didn't see the new test version

thanks all!

I don't get notifications from this forum, and i don't often check PMs here as a result. If you need to reach me, please just email me or contact F1ReB4LL.

1,122

Re: DiscImageCreator

sarami wrote:
iR0b0t wrote:

a) Dump with "/c2 /q" parameters may be good now, i have to recheck my dump with trap disc method before i can approve it.

LBA[321134, 0x4e66e]: Track[01]: Invalid mode. 
========== LBA[321134, 0x4e66e]: Main Channel ==========
       +0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6 +7  +8 +9 +A +B +C +D +E +F
0000 : 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF  FF FF FF 00 70 A3 59 82   ............p.Y.

The scrambled mode is 0x62 but this sector is 0x82. Can IsoBuster read this sector?

No, isobuster cannot read it. Last TWO sectors are erroneous.

I have used audio trap disc and redumped this disc, it is matching with --- a) Dump with "/c2 /q" parameters.

I will recheck --- b) Dump with "/c2 /q /p" parameters --- later again.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Re: DiscImageCreator

Preface: I searched the forum for similar issues, finding something else that had been already fixed back in 2015. I've also tried a second drive to test if the disc was bad and I've made sure that there are no scratches. I have additionally tried multiple versions of DIC including a couple ancient ones that I got my hands on, all with the same (or similar) results.

With that out of the way, I'm running into an odd issue where the disc I'm dumping fails at the Reading DirectoryRecord phase. As far as I am aware, there is no copy protection on this disc that could be causing an issue. Below is the output that I am getting. Additional logs are available on request.

OS
        Windows 8 Professional  64bit
AppVersion
        x86, AnsiBuild, Oct  2 2017 21:36:02
/sf val is omitted. set [60]
/c2 val2 is omitted. set [4096]
/c2 val3 is omitted. set [4]
CurrentDirectory
        C:\Plextor
WorkingPath
         Argument: SimCity 3000 (USA).bin
         FullPath: C:\Plextor\SimCity 3000 (USA)
            Drive: C:
        Directory: \Plextor\
         Filename: SimCity 3000 (USA)
        Extension: .bin
Start time: 2017-10-04(Wed) 21:44:41
Set the drive speed: 54563KB/sec
Allocating packed memory for C2 errors: 8192
This drive supports [OpCode: 0xd8, SubCode: 0]
This drive supports [OpCode: 0xd8, SubCode: 1]
This drive supports [OpCode: 0xd8, SubCode: 2]
This drive supports [OpCode: 0xd8, SubCode: 3]
This drive supports [OpCode: 0xd8, SubCode: 8]
Checking reading lead-out -> OK
Checking SubQ adr (Track)  1/ 1
Checking SubRtoW (Track)  1/ 1
Reading DirectoryRecord   34/  68

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

1,124

Re: DiscImageCreator

darksabre76 wrote:

Additional logs are available on request.

Please. As I wrote in 1st post, whenever report a bug, could you upload all created file except bin, img and scm.

darksabre76 wrote:

SimCity 3000 (USA).bin

Is it this disc? http://redump.org/disc/11613/ or this? http://redump.org/disc/30343/
BTW, http://forum.redump.org/post/55995/#p55995 Was this solved?

1,125 (edited by darksabre76 2017-10-05 17:42:13)

Re: DiscImageCreator

Unfortunately, most of the logs didn't actually write out with this error, so I should have just attached the minimal set the first time... But what I got out of it, is attached here. The disc dump (that is clean) doesn't match either of the 2 existing ones, sadly, so I can't use them as baselines to compare against.

And the other issue has been partially fixed, though my drive still acts weird with that disc from time to time. I'm chalking it up to hardware issues since this thing is prone to overheating.

Post's attachments

dumpinfo - Copy.7z 46.15 kb, 2 downloads since 2017-10-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.