Bleemcast! for Tekken 3

RevQuixo tried in DICUI, but got this error:

LBA[000000, 0000000]: [F:ReadTOC][L:187]
    Opcode: 0x43
    ScsiStatus: 0x02 = CHECK_CONDITION
    SenseData Key-Asc-Ascq: 05-24-00 = ILLEGAL_REQUEST - INVALID FIELD IN CDB

The discs look a bit unique of course:

https://hardcore-gamer.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2012/05/TekkenBleemcastDisc.jpg

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

2 (edited by Jackal 2019-03-17 12:01:55)

Hope sarami can have a look at this, but for the ring sections you'll need something other than a plextor / DIC.

3 (edited by Jackal 2019-05-22 17:24:30)

Plextors indeed seem unable to read the TOC. The Optiarc is reading them fine though:

https://i.imgur.com/ZPNi0aw.png

Only tested the PX-760A so far. If all my Plextors refuse to read them, I'll use an audio trap disc for the first session.
I'm not expecting any problems dumping these discs, it's prolly gonna take a while though to read through all the rings wink And we'll also need to finish our multisession 'standard'.

Thanks! Do we have an Optiarch dumping guide by chance? I'd love to add this knowledge to the wiki / also which models are compatible.

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

5 (edited by Jackal 2019-05-22 18:33:35)

I'm just using CloneCD for now and reading the stuff that's in the TOC.

But Maddog informed me that there's additional hidden data. Some info found on google:

There's data between the two sessions, in the lead-in of session2 actually. Without this data the disc reboot at the "legal stuff" screen. If you look at the cdi image and search for "SEGAKATANA" (beginning of ip.bin very first block of session2, LBA45000) you'll see that there's some data right before it. By inputting this data into the session2 pregap of a cdi image of the disc, and burning it with a compatible drive (that won't assume pregap is full of zeros), you can make the BC! backup boot up to the "insert disc" screen. However once a game disc (gt2/mgs/tekken) is inserted it won't boot it.

There's an hidden session passed the TOC of the disc with only one file named "bleem" in it, consisting of "bleem<NL>" (<NL> is linefeed or carraige return I don't remember). Burning this session with a swap trick, as I tried, doesn't make the game boot the psx disc. As this session is not in Patriot's release we can assume he cracked the code that checks for it.

But protection data between 2 sessions sounds pretty farfetched, maybe it's actually data between rings in the 2nd session, which previous dumps were missing because it wasn't dumped properly.

6 (edited by Jackal 2019-06-10 20:41:27)

The layout seems to be identical for all 3 discs:
0-301 - Session 1 (audio track, all zeroes)
302-11566 - Session 1 lead-out/ Session 2 lead-in? (all readable sectors are zeroes)
11567-11701 - Pregap? (mixed data/audio)
11702-77006 - Session 2 (data track with unreadable rings / error sectors)

So the google source was right, there is some data between the 2 sessions. This data is included separately for now.
It probably needs to be added to the image to get a working backup. Besides inserting the data at offset 710304 of the .img and 28992 of the .sub, this also means that the .ccd needs to be hacked/modified in some way. Hopefully someone (sarami?) knows how to do this.

ps. It would be nice also if someone could test the normal/unmodified dumps on a real console to see what happens.

I ordered Bleemcast! for Tekken 3 by amazon.

8 (edited by Jackal 2019-06-14 09:43:53)

sarami wrote:

I ordered Bleemcast! for Tekken 3 by amazon.

I can confirm that Plextor drives can only read Mil-CD discs with swap trick.

All dump files (Bleemcast + Blaze MP3 DC) are uploaded here: https://archive.org/details/bleemcast

To get the Bleemcast ones working, I guess we have to somehow modify the .ccd and include the additional data between the 2 sessions and in the lead-out area in the image (see attached .png).

I'm abandoning this research until sarami or someone else can help out with creating working images for testing on actual consoles or maybe in emulators.

Post's attachments

mil-cd layouts.png 38.12 kb, 13 downloads since 2019-06-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Ringcode of my tk3

Mastering Code: 19162 2
Mastering SID Code: IFPI LF72
Mould SID Code:  IFPI U824
Other text: CONCORD CA
Other text: MFG BY CREST NATIONAL - CA E                
Jackal wrote:

Plextors indeed seem unable to read the TOC. The Optiarc is reading them fine though:

Jackal wrote:

0-301 - Session 1 (audio track, all zeroes)
302-11566 - Session 1 lead-out/ Session 2 lead-in? (all readable sectors are zeroes)
11567-11701 - Pregap? (mixed data/audio)
11702-77006 - Session 2 (data track with unreadable rings / error sectors)

Me too. I also checked by AD-7280S.

Jackal wrote:

I can confirm that Plextor drives can only read Mil-CD discs with swap trick.

Me too.

Jackal wrote:

Unreadable sectors:
tk3:
25,210 25301 | 92
:

My tk3

15,067 15,107 | 41
15,141 15,166 | 26
 (other ranges not checked)

10 (edited by Jackal 2019-07-14 15:39:26)

My ringcode matches yours

sarami wrote:
15,067 15,107 | 41
15,141 15,166 | 26
 (other ranges not checked)

Yeah, but when using cdarchive and reading backwards, ranges such like those actually become readable... I've ordered a SOHD-167T which hopefully reads more sectors (supposedly it was better at reading LaserLock than the OptiArc).

Do you have any idea how we can accomplish this?:

I guess we have to somehow modify the .ccd and include the additional data between the 2 sessions and in the lead-out area in the image (see attached .png).

Jackal wrote:

I guess we have to somehow modify the .ccd and include the additional data between the 2 sessions and in the lead-out area in the image (see attached .png).

Simply, how about rewriting PMin/Sec/Frame/LBA of "[Entry xx]", like audio-trap-disc?

sarami wrote:
Jackal wrote:

Simply, how about rewriting PMin/Sec/Frame/LBA of "[Entry xx]", like audio-trap-disc?

Dunno, teach me plz smile

[Entry 11]
Session=2
Point=0xa2
ADR=0x01
Control=0x04
TrackNo=0
AMin=0
ASec=0
AFrame=0
ALBA=-150
Zero=0
PMin=17
PSec=8
PFrame=57
PLBA=77007

This entry is the lead-out of the 2nd session. You can rewrite PMin/Sec/Frame/LBA to the value that you wish.