1,576 (edited by sarami 2018-09-12 08:05:29)

Thanks. download link is same.
- fixed: disc speed changing doesn't work for linux.
- fixed: increased memory allocation for double pointer (subchannel, cd-text)
- deleted: some warning when used Wextra

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Does DIC also support RCE (Regional Code Enhancement) discs?

Perhaps no. At least, dic can't detect all DVD protection (RCE, Sony ARccOS, UOP, Disney X-Project DRM, Cinavia Protection etc.) except css/cppm/cprm. ARccOS adopts bad sectors, others I don't know the detail.

1,577

RCE is more of an alternate region handling rather than a protection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_regio … cumvention -- says, RCE discs have "0" as a region in RegionManagementInformation area, their real region is stored elsewhere.

sarami wrote:

Thanks. download link is same.
- fixed: disc speed changing doesn't work for linux.
- fixed: increased memory allocation for double pointer (subchannel, cd-text)
- deleted: some warning when used Wextra

Wow, it works absolutely great! Thank you so much for the Linux version.

1,579

F1ReB4LL wrote:

RCE is more of an alternate region handling rather than a protection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_regio … cumvention -- says, RCE discs have "0" as a region in RegionManagementInformation area, their real region is stored elsewhere.

I found the title list of RCE. https://www.dvdtalk.com/rce.html
I'll get it in the near future. What movies do you recommend? wink

FatArnold wrote:

Wow, it works absolutely great! Thank you so much for the Linux version.

Thanks test. I'll push the code a few days later.

1,580

sarami wrote:

I'll get it in the near future. What movies do you recommend? wink

"Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" is the only thing there that is game-related smile

1,581 (edited by sarami 2018-09-15 14:45:10)

F1ReB4LL wrote:
sarami wrote:

I'll get it in the near future. What movies do you recommend? wink

"Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" is the only thing there that is game-related smile

I ordered it.


EDIT
----
DIC
*2018-09-15
- added: support mode 0x00 of CD data track
- changed: set to invalid mode except 0x00 or 0x01 or 0x02
- fixed: disc speed changing doesn't work for linux.
- fixed: increased memory allocation for double pointer (subchannel, cd-text)
- deleted: some warning when used Wextra

EccEdc
*2018-09-15
added: makefile for linux
added: support mode 0x00 of CD data track
added: 4th sector from last of SecuROM is recognized as error
changed: set to invalid mode except 0x00 or 0x01 or 0x02

1,582

Hi sarami can you please check this dump with new DIC have some problems logs https://www73.zippyshare.com/v/aYCaURdJ/file.html
dump with old DIC logs https://www69.zippyshare.com/v/yr66hZhU/file.html this one is also matching CloneCD dump

1,583

xTMODx wrote:

Hi sarami can you please check this dump with new DIC have some problems logs https://www73.zippyshare.com/v/aYCaURdJ/file.html
dump with old DIC logs https://www69.zippyshare.com/v/yr66hZhU/file.html this one is also matching CloneCD dump

Same. http://forum.redump.org/post/63137/#p63137
Does this happen every time?

1,584 (edited by xTMODx 2018-09-19 20:07:58)

yes it happen for me every time for this disc, I can try other plextor drives now too

Edit: sorry i think my previous post was misleading, the dump with new DIC produce some errors and old DIC dump is without errors

1,585 (edited by XTac 2018-09-19 20:46:59)

Hey, so I have a bit of a problem with the Duke Nukem Manhattan Project CD. I dumped it with my Plextor 760A using DICUI 1.10. DIC cannot find the copy protection on the disc (which should be CD.IDX dummy file). It ignores the /sf command. When tI compare my dump with the one on redump http://redump.org/disc/44968/ i get different hashes and comparison by vbindiff shows that the dump on redump has a lot of 5555 values while my dump has gibberish.

Not sure what to do at this point. Would appreciate any help. smile

The dump: http://www.mediafire.com/file/v7j5oq5o47hm6nq/DNMP.7z

1,586

XTac wrote:

DIC cannot find the copy protection on the disc (which should be CD.IDX dummy file)

There isn't CD.IDX and there is 15 zip files in your disc. Perhaps CD.IDX is archived in zip.

1,587

sarami wrote:
XTac wrote:

DIC cannot find the copy protection on the disc (which should be CD.IDX dummy file)

There isn't CD.IDX and there is 15 zip files in your disc. Perhaps CD.IDX is archived in zip.

There are different variants of this protection and there isn't always a CD.IDX file. For this disc, the error sectors are in the DATA.CAB file range. The only way to get a dump that matches redump is to manually execute "eccedc fix" on the image. I don't know if it will work with the default version or if you need the modified version from reentrant.

Or the fix is to force /sf flag even when protection wasn't found.

1,589 (edited by sarami 2018-09-21 02:55:45)

Jackal wrote:

the error sectors are in the DATA.CAB file range.

CAB file is also archive.

Jackal wrote:

There are different variants of this protection and there isn't always a CD.IDX file.

http://redump.org/discs/quicksearch/unn … ction/only
Do these discs really have same protection? If you say yes, what evidence? Which company made this protection? Almost all protections have the mark indicating it. (SafeDisc has 00000001.TMP, SmartE has 00002.tmp, Old SecuROM has CMS16.DLL, VOB protect has "vob.pcd" in image section header of EXE file etc.)

If you say no, I think the name should be fixed to 'dummy file (or sector) protection'


xTMODx wrote:

yes it happen for me every time for this disc, I can try other plextor drives now too

Edit: sorry i think my previous post was misleading, the dump with new DIC produce some errors and old DIC dump is without errors

Old dic logs have huge suberror. I solved this problem by rereading. But I think this way causes the unexpected shifting of main-channel. I have no idea regarding this problem now..

1,590

I have an issue with dumping "Anno 1602 - Im Namen des Königs". The disc dates back to 1999 and seems to use a copy protection that includes a broken/defective sector 150.

CD Manipulator is able to dump the disc (matching checksums with two different drives) by skipping sector 150.

DIC command:

E:\_Tools\Programs\DiscImageCreator.exe cd F D:\Redump\Anno 1602 - Im Namen des Koenigs (Germany)\Anno 1602 - Im Namen des Koenigs (Germany).bin 4 /c2 20 /ns /sf 

Playing around with the different copy protection related parameters doesn't help.

DIC error log:

LBA[000000, 0000000]: [F:ReadCDForSegaDisc][L:1104]
    Opcode: 0xa8
    ScsiStatus: 0x02 = CHECK_CONDITION
    SenseData Key-Asc-Ascq: 03-02-83 = MEDIUM_ERROR - VENDOR UNIQUE ERROR
lpCmd: a8, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 01, 00, 00
dwBufSize: 2048

LBA[000000, 0000000]: [F:ReadCDForFileSystem][L:574]
    Opcode: 0xa8
    ScsiStatus: 0x02 = CHECK_CONDITION
    SenseData Key-Asc-Ascq: 03-02-83 = MEDIUM_ERROR - VENDOR UNIQUE ERROR
lpCmd: a8, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 01, 00, 00
dwBufSize: 2048

All logs: https://www93.zippyshare.com/v/FsXrzNR5/file.html

Is there any way to fix this?

1,591

Try using latest and upload the log. https://github.com/saramibreak/DiscImag … r/releases

1,592

Thanks for your reply. The issue persists with the latest update unfortunately.

Logs: https://www78.zippyshare.com/v/m5bq4qaz/file.html

1,593

celebi wrote:

CD Manipulator is able to dump the disc (matching checksums with two different drives) by skipping sector 150.

sector 150 = 1st sector of track 1?

READ CDDA (0xd8) can read 1st sector.

========== OpCode[0xd8]: SubCode[0]: Check Drive + CD offset ==========
========== LBA[000000, 0000000]: Main Channel ==========
       +0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6 +7  +8 +9 +A +B +C +D +E +F
0000 : 5C 7A B9 E3 32 C9 D5 96  DF 2E D8 1C 5A 89 FB 26   \z..2.......Z..&
0010 : C3 5A D1 FB 1C 43 49 F1  F6 C4 46 D3 72 DD E5 99   .Z...CI...F.r...
0020 : 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF  00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF   ................
0030 : FF FF FF 00 01 82 00 61  00 28 00 1E 80 08 60 06   .......a.(....`.
0040 : A8 02 FE 81 80 60 60 28  28 1E 9E 88 68 66 AE AA   .....``((...hf..
0050 : FC 7F 01 E0 00 48 00 36  80 16 E0 0E C8 04 56 83   .....H.6......V.
0060 : 7E E1 E0 48 48 36 B6 96  F6 EE C6 CC 52 D5 FD 9F   ~..HH6......R...
0070 : 01 A8 00 7E 80 20 60 18  28 0A 9E 87 28 62 9E A9   ...~. `.(...(b..
0080 : A8 7E FE A0 40 78 30 22  94 19 AF 4A FC 37 01 D6   .~..@x0"...J.7..
0090 : 80 5E E0 38 48 12 B6 8D  B6 E5 B6 CB 36 D7 56 DE   .^.8H.......6.V.
00A0 : BE D8 70 5A A4 3B 3B 53  53 7D FD E1 81 88 60 66   ..pZ.;;SS}....`f
00B0 : A8 2A FE 9F 00 68 00 2E  80 1C 60 09 E8 06 CE 82   .*...h....`.....
00C0 : D4 61 9F 68 68 2E AE 9C  7C 69 E1 EE C8 4C 56 B5   .a.hh...|i...LV.
00D0 : FE F7 00 46 80 32 E0 15  88 0F 26 84 1A E3 4B 09   ...F.2....&...K.
00E0 : F7 46 C6 B2 D2 F5 9D 87  29 A2 9E F9 A8 42 FE B1   .F......)....B..
00F0 : 80 74 60 27 68 1A AE 8B  3C 67 51 EA BC 4F 31 F4   .t`'h...<gQ..O1.
0100 : 14 47 4F 72 B4 25 B7 5B  36 BB 56 F3 7E C5 E0 53   .GOr.%.[6.V.~..S
0110 : 08 3D C6 91 92 EC 6D 8D  ED A5 8D BB 25 B3 5B 35   .=....m.....%.[5
0120 : FB 57 03 7E 81 E0 60 48  28 36 9E 96 E8 6E CE AC   .W.~..`H(6...n..
 :
 :

But READ12 (0xa8) can't read it. Perhaps READ CD (0xbe) is also same. It's weird...
Is this a protection? I don't know. Maybe iR0b0t or Jackal or reentrant know it?

1,594 (edited by celebi 2018-09-22 14:15:44)

I'm actually not completely sure that it's a copy protection... ProtectionID and similar tools don't detect it.

I *think* it's some sort of copy protection since the disc is in pretty good condition and I don't want to believe that's in an unintentional read error just at sector 150... Also look at the TOC, there's a small second and third track just a few seconds long...

UPDATE: Issueing /d8 doesn't help. However, subdump can read the sector without issues...

1,595

Hey Sarami. You know how I mentioned that problem with Startopia and the 288 bit C2 errors? I found another disc with the same issue.

This one looks like it has a few other C2 errors, so I'm going to try and polish it up a bit and see what happens. Here are the logs.

However, I would like to point out that the 288 bit error appears at sector 002462, which is before any other sectors with C2 errors appear.

Discs 1-3 of the set I'm dumping don't have this issue. I can't yet tell if discs 5-8 have this issue either.

Post's attachments

Battlefield 1942 - The Complete Collection (USA) (Disc 4).zip 101.58 kb, 1 downloads since 2018-09-22 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

1,596 (edited by reentrant 2018-09-22 17:00:23)

ajshell1: I have a weird theory. My Plextor on some discs with offset -153 gives me C2 errors with 24 bad bits (I know this is firmware bug). You on the other side have discs with 288 bits. When you add both you get 312 = value valid for SafeDisc. I think you might be experiencing similar bug but with different "pattern"...

Could you rip with non plextor drive and data command and /c2?

I tried dumping some gd-rom today with my PX-708. Unfortunately I get a segfault as soon as I enable /c2. Without /c2 the dump starts. Happens both on linux and the latest windows release.

1,598 (edited by ajshell1 2018-09-22 18:03:58)

reentrant wrote:

ajshell1: I have a weird theory. My Plextor on some discs with offset -153 gives me C2 errors with 24 bad bits (I know this is firmware bug). You on the other side have discs with 288 bits. When you add both you get 312 = value valid for SafeDisc. I think you might be experiencing similar bug but with different "pattern"...

Could you rip with non plextor drive and data command and /c2?

I'd be more than happy to. However, I'd like to confirm that I'm using the right command. I'm currently dumping it with this command:

discimagecreator data e "Battlefield 1942 - Complete Collection (USA) (Disc 4) (GCE-8483B)" 16 0 334273 /c2 /sf

The disc appears to have a final LBA of 334273, and the data command is apparently supposed to use the last LBA+1.

I'm asking if this is the right command because it's dumping SUPER SLOW with this command.

Also, I'm using an GCE-8483B drive, which EAC says has C2 support.

EDIT: To save people the effort of downloading my stuff, I use A PX-712A and the disc has a write offset of -12.

1,599 (edited by reentrant 2018-09-22 18:10:52)

That 'data' command looks ok.

To be 100% sure I would look at the resulting image under hex editor and cut end / paste start sectors to match 'cd' image if there are some inconsistencies. Or maybe this is not necessary at all.

1,600

The bug is yet to be confirmed by the disc's owner, but I really don't like this:
https://i.imgur.com/Xcd5Ob0.png

DIC dump to the left, old bin-cue dump to the right. And I really don't think these 2 bytes should be zeroed.

Post's attachments

05_JPN_Underground Mission.7z 3.08 mb, 3 downloads since 2018-09-23 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.