I mean, you can swap the CD with some Audio CD (like in the GD mode), then you read all the sectors and descramble them. This way, many non-d8 NEC, Optiarc, etc. drives could be supported. Could be done as a separate "swapcd" mode smile

I see, but a problem exists. It is that the swap disc can't use TOC.

_disc.txt of gd command

========== TOC ==========
     Audio Track  1, LBA        0 -   549150, Length   549151
                                              Total    549151
This is the TOC of audio trap disc

dic can't recognize how many tracks and sectors exist in actual disc. Of course, if uses sub-channel, dic can recognize these and create TOC artificially.
But if random error of track number exists in sub-channel, especially in the boundary of the track, it's difficult to judge which track number is correct.
That is to say, the result of dumping could be instability.

many non-d8 NEC, Optiarc, etc. drives could be supported.

Btw, can other tools (e.g. CDTools) use the swap disc by these drives and dump the scrambled image?
If takes out the swap disc using a pin and inserts the target disc and pushes back the tray, some drives read the target disc, not the swap disc.

sarami wrote:

I see, but a problem exists. It is that the swap disc can't use TOC.

Of course smile But it's not a problem.

Solution 1: User inserts disc normally, DIC reads the TOC and leadout (to know the image length), then ejects it and asks to do the swapping (like, "insert the trap audio disc and press any key" => "swap the disc and press any key").

Solution 2: User runs DIC after swapping, DIC reads data and subchannel into .scr + .sub, then ejects the tray, then inserts the tray, then reads the TOC and leadout, then cuts the image to tracks and does the descrambling. Or you can ask the leadout value via .exe parameter (to know how many sectors to read into image) and read only TOC after ejecting/inserting the tray.

Still no idea why does cherokeelzzS get weird DIC dumps with certain discs? Other tools don't have any problems.

Post's attachments

1996 Hudson Game Ongaku Zenshuu (Japan).7z 7.12 mb, 15 downloads since 2018-05-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Solution 2

Added this, but still buggy, I think.

How to use

1. insert the audio trap disc to a supported drive.
2. run (stop spinning disc) -> DiscImageCreator.exe stop [DriveLetter]
3. use a pin to press the escape eject button, so the tray will eject (or remove the drive cover).
4. insert the disc and run -> DiscImageCreator.exe close [DriveLetter] or gently push the tray back (or put the drive cover back on).
5. run (start dumping scrambled img) -> DiscImageCreator.exe swap [DriveLetter] foo.bin [DriveSpeed(0-72)]
6. when dumping finished, the drive tray open automatically.
7. The drive tray close automatically after 10000 msec.
8. Read TOC and img is descrambled automatically.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

get weird DIC dumps

Also added this in cd command.
http://forum.redump.org/post/60437/#p60437

Sarami, how do you have dumped this disc?
Isnt that a disc with those nasty read errors?

sarami wrote:

Added this, but still buggy, I think.

Works almost fine for me. The dump is correct, but the cue is missing the CATALOG entry (the drive itself reads the subchannels correctly).

Also, the image sizes (and the checksums) of the .scm and .img files are incorrect (too small). Split tracks are correct.

And why doesn't it show any progress (which sector is being read) during the dumping process?

http://redump.org/disc/32569/ -- this disc was used.

Post's attachments

dungeonmaster2.7z 1.35 mb, 17 downloads since 2018-05-13 

Some fixed.

usurper wrote:

Isnt that a disc with those nasty read errors?

There aren't intentional c2 errors and edc/ecc errors.

Did proper support ever get added for the GameShark Pro update CDs? http://redump.org/discs/system/psxgs/

Where did we leave off on that? One of our member has a dozen waiting to dump.

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

We need to decide, how to detect the offset on them. But the 'magic' bytes in the first track should be located at the same address for all the dumps.

I'm having a real hard time finding any of the verified Plextor drives recommended on the DIC Readme.
I've noticed, though, there are two BD drives listed under the CD (media). Can these models dump CDs correctly? Or I'm reading it wrongly and they refer to dumping BD discs (PS4 and XO)?

jethro_napoleon wrote:

there are two BD drives listed under the CD (media). Can these models dump CDs correctly?

If you already have these drives, please try. If not so, try this http://forum.redump.org/post/60603/#p60603 using the drive you have now.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

We need to decide, how to detect the offset on them. But the 'magic' bytes in the first track should be located at the same address for all the dumps.

I'm trying to figure out if everything will need to be redumped. Fine if necessary, but the sooner we have an answers / solution, the more helpful it will be.

A new disc was added today: http://redump.org/disc/52142/

And as I said, another dozen are ready to be dumped when we have the answers...

I don't think everything will need to be redumped, non-zero data doesn't go upto the very end of the last track, so the offset can be fixed quite safely, we just need to define some standard.

I'm in touch with a dumper about dumping some rare 3DO discs including Dinopark Tycoon, the disc is perfectly clean but he is getting c2 errors on this disc when dumping with DIC. Schrodinger said 3DO discs have had issues with DIC in the past,, here are the logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/uql7n11i9iiqk … 9.zip?dl=0

Well, c2 errors are reported by the drive, not by the tool. According to the log, a couple of errors were fixed, but the process was stopped by the user. I'd recommend to wait for the process to finish normally.

Uploaded in test branch.

*2018-05-22 test
- added: swap command (This is for non-Plextor drive)
- added: ls command (This shows maxium drive speed in command-line screen)
- added: Support PS2 unlicensed disc (needs to use /sf. This protect looks like a safedisc)
- added: GC/Wii dumping drive (support GCC-4160N, 4240N, 4243N, 4247N)
- added: Check subQ adr and RtoW before dumping of GD-ROM
- added: Check if PSX PAL or not (for /nl)
- added: Output .dat file for BD-ROM
- changed: Rereading the sector if crc16 of subQ is currupt, not rmsf or amsf
- changed: Disable beep except disc dumping command (cd, dvd etc.)
- fixed: Checking error of subQ track
- fixed: Reading path table record of GD-ROM (support path table size is over 2352)
- fixed: dumping CD-i ready (not unscramble the pregap sector)

Hi sarami. I have a stupid question. All of my batch files I use for dumping CDs with DIC have the "/d8" flag. However, some people I've talked to said that they don't use the /d8 flag.

As long as a proper Plextor is used, will it make a difference if that flag is or isn't used?

1,369 (edited by sarami 2018-05-23 07:50:02)

Uploaded test version.
-added: support xbox security sector dumping (needs kreon's drive)

DiscImageCreator.exe xbox <driveletter> <filename>

@Admin or Moderator
Why xbox preserves the hash of Physical Format Information (PFI) and Manufacturing Information (DMI) in comments?
All DVD based disc (gc/wii, ps2 etc) have PFI and DMI but there isn't the hash in comments except xbox.

ajshell1 wrote:

As long as a proper Plextor is used, will it make a difference if that flag is or isn't used?

No difference, but some ide-usb controller can't get the drive name, so user who uses such a controller needs this flag.

sarami wrote:

@Admin or Moderator
Why xbox preserves the hash of Physical Format Information (PFI) and Manufacturing Information (DMI) in comments?
All DVD based disc (gc/wii, ps2 etc) have PFI and DMI but there isn't the hash in comments except xbox.

Probably because we never got to dump them. It would require that all dumpers run XBC just to get this info. If you can make DIC output this info it can surely be added smile

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

iR0b0t wrote:

It would require that all dumpers run XBC just to get this info.

I see, thx.

Uploaded test version.
-added: dumping PFI.bin and DMI.bin (all DVD based disc)

And uploaded a batch file for xbox. (run dic, ss_sector_range and FreeCell)
Please modify the path and drive letter individually.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/em1qbnh4i … mp.7z/file

1,372 (edited by antimatter 2018-05-25 12:52:41)

Hi, trying to dump an Apple Mac DL DVD. Tried a couple DIC releases & DIC released on 20180127 worked but latest version 20180522 & Test version 20180525 get mainError "Directory Record is invalid" and aborts.

Post's attachments

DIC logs.rar 44.68 kb, 16 downloads since 2018-05-25 

Data Length: 4294967295
                 Recording Date and Time: 2010-01-06 04:59:56 +00:00
                              File Flags: 0 (Visible, File, Disassociated, File has't record format, Owner/Group ID has't, Final Directory Record)
                          File Unit Size: 0
                     Interleave Gap Size: 0
                  Volume Sequence Number: 1
               Length of File Identifier: 13
                         File Identifier: ARCHIVEPAX.GZ

Is this file really over 4GB size?

1,374 (edited by antimatter 2018-05-26 03:13:47)

The Disc ends up being 5,379,096,576 bytes.

========== DVDStructure ==========
FormatCode: 00, Sendable:  No, Readable: Yes, FormatLength: 2052
========== PhysicalFormatInformation ==========
           BookVersion: 1
              BookType: DVD-ROM
           MinimumRate: 10.08 Mbps
              DiskSize: 120mm
             LayerType: Layer contains embossed data
             TrackPath: Opposite Track Path
        NumberOfLayers: Double Layer
          TrackDensity: 0.74ƒÊm/track
         LinearDensity: 0.293ƒÊm/bit
    StartingDataSector:  196608 (0x30000)
         EndDataSector: 16580591 (0xfcffef)
    EndLayerZeroSector: 1509871 (0x1709ef)
               BCAFlag: No
<rom name="20180127.iso" size="5379096576" crc="85f49cac" md5="d179d03b7bd249103f3b49f14cc5cdda" sha1="6bbeb8e4f865a2136ece8ca029e4f1103cf3143a" />

The latest test version crashes when calculating the bin hash.
Additionally /ms shows the help message as if it's an invalid command.