gaijin wrote:
This drive doesn't support [command: 0xbe, subch: 0x1]

cf. MMC-3

01b C2 error block data
The C2 error, Pointer bits (2 352 bits or 294 bytes) is included in the data stream. There is
one bit for each byte in error in the sector (2 352 total). The bit ordering is from the most
significant bit to the least significant bit in each byte. The first bytes in the sector are the first
bits/bytes in the data stream.

10b C2 and Block ErrorBits
Both the C2 error bits (2 352 bits/294 bytes) and the Block Error Byte are included in the
data stream. The Block Error Byte is the logical or of all the C2 Error bit bytes. The Error
Byte shall be padded with a byte (undefined) to ensure an even number of bytes in the data
stream. The Block error byte shall be first in the data stream followed by the pad byte.

There is 01b and 10b in C2 error byte. I modified that dic execute the 10b If fails to execute the 01b. (But I don't test.)

Post's attachments

DiscImageCreator_c2.7z 89.43 kb, 20 downloads since 2016-10-02 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

852 (edited by SpaceAgeHero 2016-10-04 22:23:35)

Hi Guys,
is a Linux/Ubuntu version available? Or does anyone know if it can be safely run with Wine?

I've quickly tried this:

SpaceAgeHero@gargantua:~/Downloads/DiscImageCreator_20160805/Release_ANSI$ wine DiscImageCreator.exe data I: c:\test.bin

And thats what happened:

OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate N Service Pack 1 64bit
AppVersion
    x86, AnsiBuild, Aug  5 2016 09:44:01
Unknown command: [data]
Usage
    cd <DriveLetter> <Filename> <DriveSpeed(0-72)> [/a (val)]
[...]

Did I do something majorly wrong? ^^

I doubt it'd work under Wine. It uses some really low level stuff to get the data off the medium...

SpaceAgeHero wrote:

Hi Guys,
is a Linux/Ubuntu version available? Or does anyone know if it can be safely run with Wine?

ReadMe.txt

It works on Windows PC (WinXP or higher).

And http://forum.redump.org/post/48450/#p48450

Hi guys,

got myself an old Plextor PX-708A drive.

Since I don't have a computer with IDE connectors anymore I've tried an IDE/SATA to USB adapter from Digitus.
However CDs aren't even recognized by the drive. I've tried a different Plextor drive too and got the same issue.
DVDs can be read normally so I somehow have the feeling it could be an issue with my IDE/SATA to USB adapter.

Can anyone recommend a specific IDE to USB adapter? I've found a very popular product from Logilink but I want to be sure...
Or is there maybe a non listed USB disc drive supported that can read in scrambled mode?

Thanks

856 (edited by ssjkakaroto 2016-10-07 01:49:28)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-to-IDE- … 1985614251 (recommended by Jackal)

I use it with my 760A.

Can someone tell me if the PX-W4012TA is ok for dumping Dreamcast GDROM ?

I love my XKey, my WODE and my 3Key.
Cerrar MegaUpload sólo es el comienzo de la censura, será el fin de la libertad.
Nada es verdad, todo está permitido.

It's funny that the previous message is talking about dumping Dreamcast GDROM, because that's exactly what I would try to do with my Plextor PX-708A (it's reported to be a compatible drive).
After dumping hundreds of PC-Engine CD and 3DO games (mainly), I would like to try to dump Dreamcast games too.

I've read a few different dumping methods here, but they are all old, so maybe obsolete?
How can I dump GDROMs with DiscImageCreator? Do I still need the Swap Disc trick?
Dumping the Low Density area is easy, but I'm not sure how to dump the High Density area.

So far I've tried the following:

1)
I tried to dump a GDROM using the gd command, but it reported:
"couldn't read a data sector at scrambled mode. Please start it again from 1st step or after waiting a little".
What 1st step is it talking about? And when I wait, it displays that message a few times then quits.

2)
I tried the Swap Disc method, then DIC's gd command, but it wasn't able to read the write offset and didn't dump anything.

Am I doing something wrong? What's the current method to dump GDROM with DIC?

Thanks ;-)

Drive: Plextor PX-708A (Correction offset: +30)
Drive: TSSTcorp - DVDWBD SH-B123L (Correction offset: +6)

ReadMe.txt

* Ripping Guide for GD-ROM (The high density area)
** Preparation
 create the audio trap disc in advance.
 (a disc with a hacked TOC of 99 mins audio, burn it with CloneCD or Alcohol 52/120%).
   http://www.mediafire.com/?2nygv2oyzzz

** Method 1 (Other tools)
 http://forum.redump.org/topic/2620/dreamcastnaomi-gdrom-dumping-instructions/

** Method 2
1. insert the audio trap disc to a supported drive.
2. run below. (stop spinning disc)
   DiscImageCreator.exe stop [DriveLetter]
3. use a pin to press the escape eject button, so the tray will eject (or remove
   the drive cover).
4. insert the gdrom and gently push the tray back (or put the drive cover back on).
5. run below. (start rippping gdrom)
   DiscImageCreator.exe gd [DriveLetter] foo.bin [DriveSpeed(0-72)]

I've read a few different dumping methods here, but they are all old, so maybe obsolete?

dctools is still active, I think.

I tried the Swap Disc method, then DIC's gd command, but it wasn't able to read the write offset and didn't dump anything.

I confirmed to dump the High Density area by using TS-H192C, TS-H352C and TS-H353A. I don't know whether other drive works or not.

860 (edited by jhmiller 2016-10-22 15:04:16)

Sarami: And you could not implement the trap disc in the program for "gd" option?
That way we forget about having to do the swap.

The Plextor PX-708A is recognized as compatible to read gdroms by enker: http://forum.redump.org/post/40262/#p40262

I'm in the same situation that Justin Bailey, but with the Plextor PX-W4012TA.

Cerrar MegaUpload sólo es el comienzo de la censura, será el fin de la libertad.

Any lead-in/1st_pregap extracting experts here?
http://redump.org/disc/39873/
https://www.sendspace.com/file/lpog3l

The data just differs between the pregap extracted using the -5000 to -1000 range and the -75 to -1 and further range.

I don't remember any issues with dumping the pregap for http://redump.org/disc/6695/, so I'm puzzled here.

jhmiller wrote:

Sarami: And you could not implement the trap disc in the program for "gd" option?

I'm quite positive that's impossible. The idea of the trap disc is to fool the drive into thinking there's a 99 min CD in.

How can you fool the drive without swapping?

ssjkakaroto wrote:
jhmiller wrote:

I'm quite positive that's impossible. The idea of the trap disc is to fool the drive into thinking there's a 99 min CD in.

How can you fool the drive without swapping?

by software, maybe?
Ignoring the TOC and forcing the drive to read the adequate sectors?
I don't know how, that is why I am asking.

864 (edited by tossEAC 2016-10-25 21:36:30)

By mounting the trap disc image with a tool like daemon tools, that then tricks the drive with the dreamcast game in it, into thinking its the trap disc, but then I thought not that easy to code, just forget DIC for dreamcast dumping and get the TSSTcorp SH-D162C or D, you should be so grate full for these drives that you go out and buy one to celebrate the fact. They are only $10 and stop all this whinging smile

I also tried DIC with my Plextor and it started and finished without reading anything. Just so you know.

He who controls the SPICE... controls the UNIVERSE!
The SPICE must flow.

865 (edited by fuzzball 2016-10-28 05:05:16)

Is DIC supports DVD-9?
I can not dump the DVD-Video.

What influence does a virtual image mounted in Daemon Tools have in your physical drive?

The only way I can imagine this being done without a trap disc is with a hacked firmware for the drive.

fuzzball wrote:

Is DIC supports DVD-9?
I can not dump the DVD-Video.

It should be supported. The dvd might have a copy protection. You may need to play the dvd in a player for a few seconds (VLC player).

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Hello

There are 35 pages of replies here and I'll go back through a few of them (more if i can find a thread search tool), but I figured I'd take a short-cut and ask directly:

I mainly try to dump game system discs (Saturn, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, SegaCD, NeoGeoCD, 3DO).  I saw no specific instructions for any of those formats EXCEPT dreamcast.

Am I to understand that I just need to follow the CD dump guide with nothing else needed in order to produce Redump verifiable dumps?

I don't get notifications from this forum, and i don't often check PMs here as a result. If you need to reach me, please just email me or contact F1ReB4LL.

iR0b0t wrote:

It should be supported. The dvd might have a copy protection. You may need to play the dvd in a player for a few seconds (VLC player).

I know it. I dumped few DVD5-Video.

CloneCD & IsoBuster
size: 6331828224 (3091713 sectors)

DIC
size: 6332088320 (3091840 sectors)

Which is correct?

Post's attachments

dic.7z 5.61 kb, 17 downloads since 2016-10-29 

A Murder of Crows wrote:

Hello

There are 35 pages of replies here and I'll go back through a few of them (more if i can find a thread search tool), but I figured I'd take a short-cut and ask directly:

I mainly try to dump game system discs (Saturn, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, SegaCD, NeoGeoCD, 3DO).  I saw no specific instructions for any of those formats EXCEPT dreamcast.

Am I to understand that I just need to follow the CD dump guide with nothing else needed in order to produce Redump verifiable dumps?

Did you read the readme.txt that came with DIC?

fuzzball wrote:
iR0b0t wrote:

I know it. I dumped few DVD5-Video.

CloneCD & IsoBuster
size: 6331828224 (3091713 sectors)

DIC
size: 6332088320 (3091840 sectors)

Which is correct?

CloneCD & IsoBuster is correct.
mainError.txt

LBA[000000, 0000000], [F:ReadTOC][L:133] OperationCode: 0x43

PX-760 doesn't support to execute ReadTOC for DVD.
volDesc_dvd.txt

Volume Space Size: 3091713

fixed: use "Volume Space Size" as the sector size when dic failed to exec of ReadTOC about DVD ripping.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eq80y20l9 … or_test.7z

By the way
To someone. I want to feedback of this binary.
http://forum.redump.org/post/53666/#p53666 and http://forum.redump.org/post/53537/#p53537

A Murder of Crows wrote:

Hello

You need a Plextor drive which has px_d8 support, that is the first thing.

He who controls the SPICE... controls the UNIVERSE!
The SPICE must flow.

sarami wrote:

fixed: use "Volume Space Size" as the sector size when dic failed to exec of ReadTOC about DVD ripping.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eq80y20l9 … or_test.7z

dumped correctly.

Post's attachments

dic_Test20161031.7z 5.98 kb, 16 downloads since 2016-11-02 

874 (edited by reentrant 2017-02-11 11:35:05)

sarami: If you're reading this add me to the EccEdc project on GitHub. I have rewritten EccEdc to have some nice features (for protected discs) and now I want to commit the changes...

Found a bug. If the output directory or filename (not sure which, or both) has a "." period in it the rip fails:

Set read command: 0xd8, subcode reading mode: Pack
Checking SubQ ctl (Track)  1/ 1
Created img (LBA)  90367/ 90366
Copying .scm to .img
[F:ReadCDAll][L:2019] GetLastError: 2, The system cannot find the file specified
Plextor PX-708A | sarami's DiscImageCreator | CloneCD | CDManipulator | Protection ID v6.8.5 | edccchk v1.26
PVD_Dumper.py