Re: DiscImageCreator

"03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" should be decoded as "ISRC 000000000000" and you just skip those, it's wrong.

Re: DiscImageCreator

F1ReB4LL wrote:

"03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" should be decoded as "ISRC 000000000000" and you just skip those, it's wrong.

"03" is ctl/Adr byte? If it's so, you are right.

Re: DiscImageCreator

Yes, it's an ISRC sector. http://redump.org/disc/28248/ -- for this disc it gives me ISRCs for the first 6 tracks only.

129

Re: DiscImageCreator

The ISO 'Volume Space Size' is being logged incorrectly. My last post explains some issues with DVD dumping.

Re: DiscImageCreator

Enker wrote:

Only L0 is dumped on the following disc type (example):
TrackPath: Parallel Track Path
NumberOfLayers: Double Layer
Checking for "PhysicalFormatInformation: L1" will probably fix this issue.
Opposite Track Path DVD-9 discs are also being overdumped.

Could you please add TOC+Layer Information:
Session 1... (LBA: 0)
-> Track 01  (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 4169567)
-> LeadOut  (LBA: 4169568)
Layer 0 Sectors: 2084944
Layer 1 Sectors: 2084624

Enker wrote:

The ISO 'Volume Space Size' is being logged incorrectly. My last post explains some issues with DVD dumping.

fixed

Re: DiscImageCreator

Why don't you use C2 error reporting? You could reread the sectors with C2 errors and even merge the multiple read results of the same errorneous sector (since C2 shows the exact error bytes, so you could take out all the good bytes from a single sector).

132 (edited by pablogm123 2013-04-01 19:55:37)

Re: DiscImageCreator

As reference: the same method used by the PlexTools program, 5. Recover the best bytes (least errors) per sector, until 99 rereads merging the rereads.

On semi-vacation. MSF/AMSF to LBA/offset and viceversa calculator: link
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot
Spaces must be the fullwidth variant: link / screenshot

Re: DiscImageCreator

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Why don't you use C2 error reporting? You could reread the sectors with C2 errors and even merge the multiple read results of the same errorneous sector (since C2 shows the exact error bytes, so you could take out all the good bytes from a single sector).

add C2 error log (read only once and not merge at the present).

Usage
        -rall [DriveLetter] [DriveSpeed(0-72)] [filename] c2

134 (edited by MrX_Cuci 2013-04-09 18:44:19)

Re: DiscImageCreator

I am trying to dump a safedisc 1 protected disc. I get different result from DIC and CloneCD. Anyone care to investigate? Let me know what files you need. Also tried DDump which also gives me an other image hash  hmm  Clueless here. Safedisc 2 protected discs have same hashes compared between clonecd and DIC.

Both images have the same size and equal amount of bad sectors.

135

Re: DiscImageCreator

DIC should never match clonecd or ddump if dumped with Plextor (only!) drive. Don't bother with non plextor.

ddump is also buggy with safedisc 2.5 and up.

Also, thanks for C2 log!

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) :  ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733)

136

Re: DiscImageCreator

DIC sometimes gives "Failure to open drive" error randomly, maybe look into that.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) :  ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733)

137

Re: DiscImageCreator

Could you also make the log easier to read or split it up into different files.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) :  ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733)

Re: DiscImageCreator

Nexy wrote:

DIC sometimes gives "Failure to open drive" error randomly, maybe look into that.

Thank's a report. But if I don't take a look at the error message log, I can't say anything...

Nexy wrote:

make the log easier to read

Do you want to get a log only or speedy?

Nexy wrote:

split it up into different files.

In detail?
Perhaps, you want to split into a drive, disc, error log?

Re: DiscImageCreator

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Yes, it's an ISRC sector. http://redump.org/disc/28248/ -- for this disc it gives me ISRCs for the first 6 tracks only.

I got Valis II (FFTHTJ10529-3FFTH   Z5W8). But this disc don't exist ISRC sector. Please wait..

140

Re: DiscImageCreator

Ok, will give log next time I get the failure message.

As for splitting the log, yes. Drive, Disc, Error would be great. With more details for each, which track, was error corrected and with what method, etc.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) :  ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733)

Re: DiscImageCreator

sarami wrote:
F1ReB4LL wrote:

Yes, it's an ISRC sector. http://redump.org/disc/28248/ -- for this disc it gives me ISRCs for the first 6 tracks only.

I got Valis II (FFTHTJ10529-3FFTH   Z5W8). But this disc don't exist ISRC sector. Please wait..

Do the tracks match my dump? I can give you a .sub, so you could burn it and dump with your tool to check the decoding.

142 (edited by sarami 2013-06-09 12:25:37)

Re: DiscImageCreator

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Do the tracks match my dump? I can give you a .sub, so you could burn it and dump with your tool to check the decoding.

Tracks match your dump except track 1.
uploads cue, log, sub
http://www.mediafire.com/download/639b2 … ValisII.7z

Re: DiscImageCreator

sarami wrote:

Tracks match your dump except track 1.

Yours matches TruRip dump, compared with mine - 2 bytes difference (0x00 in 2 places in your dump, 0xFF in mine, the rest is the same), so they are different dumps and different masters.

144

Re: DiscImageCreator

When device open fail error occurs, this is all I get.

DiscImageCreator BuildDate:[Apr  7 2013 14:53:45]
OS
        MajorVersion: 6, MinorVersion: 1, BuildNumber: 7601
Start -> 2013-06-09(Sun) 23:30:04
Device Open fail
End -> 2013-06-09(Sun) 23:30:05

There is no log

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) :  ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733)

Re: DiscImageCreator

Nexy wrote:

When device open fail error occurs, this is all I get.

DiscImageCreator BuildDate:[Apr  7 2013 14:53:45]
OS
        MajorVersion: 6, MinorVersion: 1, BuildNumber: 7601
Start -> 2013-06-09(Sun) 23:30:04
Device Open fail
End -> 2013-06-09(Sun) 23:30:05

There is no log

Thx. Additionally, please tell me the all command arguments when an error occurs.

146

Re: DiscImageCreator

DiscImageCreator.exe -rall d: 8 Track c2

This is the command I'm using from .bat

I think the problem is exclusive access is needed, IsoBuster was open but not doing anything. It worked again after I closed IsoBuster.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) :  ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733)

Re: DiscImageCreator

Upload 20130619 ver.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

"03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" should be decoded as "ISRC 000000000000" and you just skip those, it's wrong.

added "isrc" argument.
Generally, "ISRC 000000000000" or "0001Q0000000" is invalid. (https://isrc.jmd.ne.jp/about/error.html) But ISRC of track1-6 is valid in case of Valis II. So supported.

Re: DiscImageCreator

You could check the bad sectors in cdmage to see if they contain the 0x55 pattern?
If not, then changing those sectors to 0x55 should match up Nexy's dump if it's the same.

Question.
Should bad sector be padding in 0x55 pattern (for SafeDisc)? If app can't read sector, it is padding a sector in 0x00 at the present.

149

Re: DiscImageCreator

In plextor it is dumping bad sectors as audio and they seem to match every time.  Don't know if data is correct or not, but I assume so...

for non plextor yeah 55 like clonecd and ddump. or maybe a switch to specify.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) :  ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733)

Re: DiscImageCreator

Anyone tried a PX-116A2? I can't seem to get it working with DIC