What about the pregap then? It has to be included somehow

Maybe make it like follows(?):

REM SESSION 01
FILE "dump (Track 1).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
REM LEAD-OUT 01:30:00
REM SESSION 02
REM LEAD-IN 01:00:00
FILE "dump (Track 2).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    REM INDEX 01 00:02:00
FILE "dump (Track 3).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:01:74

To comment the real INDEX 01 and make it work like that.

Or even more accurate:

    REM INDEX 00 00:00:00
    REM INDEX 01 00:02:00

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

78 (edited by Jackal 2019-05-27 18:20:23)

That looks ugly.. why not just go with REM PREGAP 00:02:00? Everybody keeps ignoring this solution.

One of the reasons i don't want to have it is because the database currently supports two cuesheet styles, without "PREGAP" (our standard one) and with "PREGAP" which is available as an alternative variation.

If i bring in additionaly "REM PREGAP 00:02:00" for both styles it will be super ugly.

And yes, my last suggestion is a little bit "ugly" if you want to call it that, but it would serve its purpose and i feel its a better (more appropriate) solution.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

We never use the normal "PREGAP" command, so I guess you can remove support for it?

Na, i won't drop it. You never know.

Right now, i have no other suggestions.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Erm. I don't think you need to additionally set the pregap there. Just like the 1st track's pregap is always 150 sectors or more, the 1st track of the 2nd session pregap is expected to have 150 pregap sectors or more; if more - you add the INDEX 00 part with the extra sectors only, same for both the 1st and 2nd sessions.

If to use the "REM PREGAP 00:02:00" for the 2nd session, logically, we need to add it to all the single-session ones :-P

83 (edited by Jackal 2019-05-28 16:43:24)

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Erm. I don't think you need to additionally set the pregap there. Just like the 1st track's pregap is always 150 sectors or more, the 1st track of the 2nd session pregap is expected to have 150 pregap sectors or more; if more - you add the INDEX 00 part with the extra sectors only, same for both the 1st and 2nd sessions.

If to use the "REM PREGAP 00:02:00" for the 2nd session, logically, we need to add it to all the single-session ones :-P

You lost me there tongue

I only see 2 solutions:

1. Completely define the area between the sessions in the cuesheet, so that tools can use the MSF lengths in the cuesheet to determine the amount of sectors to generate, without any assumptions or hardcoded values in software. This means that REM PREGAP should be included.

2. Assume that the area between the sessions is always the same and let tools use hardcoded values. So for the gap between the first 2 sessions, assume that LEAD-OUT is always 01:30:00 and LEAD-IN 01:00:00 and PREGAP 00:02:00. If we make these assumptions, then the REM LEAD-OUT and REM LEAD-IN lines are no longer needed and only the REM SESSION lines will suffice.

Jackal wrote:

1. Completely define the area between the sessions in the cuesheet, so that tools can use the MSF lengths in the cuesheet to determine the amount of sectors to generate, without any assumptions or hardcoded values in software. This means that REM PREGAP should be included.

2. Assume that the area between the sessions is always the same and let tools use hardcoded values. So for the gap between the first 2 sessions, assume that LEAD-OUT is always 01:30:00 and LEAD-IN 01:00:00 and PREGAP 00:02:00. If we make these assumptions, then the REM LEAD-OUT and REM LEAD-IN lines are no longer needed and only the REM SESSION lines will suffice.

I think DIC cues (and maybe the redump "input" cues) should be like in p.1, but the "output" redump cues should be like in p.2 _until_ we meet anything that deviates.

85 (edited by Jackal 2019-05-29 21:06:29)

Sounds fine.. so what's the next step, getting sarami to define to add REM PREGAP in the DIC cuesheet, and getting iR0b0t to add support for REM SESSION lines in cuesheets? tongue

And for the disc page, I guess there should be be separate boxes (with the Track / Cuesheet info) with total columns for each session? And also for the Dreamcast LD and HD area? Now Dreamcast is showing the total lengths and crc for LD and HD combined, but this is meaningless.

added 'REM PREGAP' in test version.

*Pokes this thread*

Are we at a standstill at getting Multisession discs added to redump, or are we waiting on DIC for an update?

88 (edited by Jackal 2019-07-13 06:14:54)

See my last post. sarami did his part, so now we're waiting for iR0b0t..

*Pokes iRobot with a sharpened stick.*

Can i see a cuesheet example of the latest DIC output for this, please.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

91 (edited by Jackal 2019-07-15 05:40:32)

This is what a DIC cuesheet should look like now:

REM SESSION 01
FILE "dump (Track 1).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
REM LEAD-OUT 01:30:00
REM SESSION 02
REM LEAD-IN 01:00:00
REM PREGAP 00:02:00
FILE "dump (Track 2).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 23:07:05
FILE "dump (Track 3).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:01:74
FILE "dump (Track 4).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:01:74

I think we are in agreement that the Redump site can store the complete cuesheet, but it should only include the REM SESSION lines in the download .cue (and exclude the REM LEAD-OUT, REM LEAD-IN, REM PREGAP because they are standard values that should be the same always)

REM SESSION 01
FILE "dump (Track 1).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
REM SESSION 02
FILE "dump (Track 2).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 23:07:05
FILE "dump (Track 3).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:01:74
FILE "dump (Track 4).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:01:74

I will test this now that I have a MS disc, and another on my buy list.

I don't think IsoBuster is any standard as it is just another 3rd party tool, yellow/orange book should be the standard?

.cue is from CDRWin not IsoBuster or some other tool.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

Carnivores dump info https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yV6DM … LCXj7VMIKt

REM SESSION 01
FILE "Track (Track 1).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
REM LEAD-OUT 01:30:00
REM SESSION 02
REM LEAD-IN 01:00:00
REM PREGAP 00:02:00
FILE "Track (Track 2).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

ir0b0t can you add the needed cue handling, multisession seems good enough.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

Jackal wrote:

I think we are in agreement that the Redump site can store the complete cuesheet, but it should only include the REM SESSION lines in the download .cue (and exclude the REM LEAD-OUT, REM LEAD-IN, REM PREGAP because they are standard values that should be the same always)

Nexy wrote:

ir0b0t can you add the needed cue handling, multisession seems good enough.

Yes, agree.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

@iR0b0t will the disc page show that it's a multisession disc? or do we need to add a comment

Jackal wrote:

@iR0b0t will the disc page show that it's a multisession disc? or do we need to add a comment

It will be visible on the disc page, no need for the comments.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Alright, the edit form should work now, please try to update some entries which need session data.

DO NOT USE MULTISESSION CUES FOR NEWDISC

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

OK so how are we supposed to add new discs then without a cue sheet?

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

http://redump.org/disc/63778/

The cue is being accepted now when I edit it, but it's not being parsed by the download script correctly. It's a start though, I put the cue in the comments.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

Nexy wrote:

The cue is being accepted now when I edit it, but it's not being parsed by the download script correctly.

The main thing is, it is being stored correctly.

Download script updated.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)