I'm trying to dump Castlevania: Rondo of Blood a.k.a. Akumajō Dracula X: Chi no Rondo for the PC engine but I'm a bit confused on a couple of things. First of all, the disc structure is unique in that the 1st track is Audio, 2nd Track is Data, Tracks 3 - 21 are audio, & Track 22 is Data again. So I don't know if I need to handle this a special way since this isn't the "norm". Secondly I get an error if I try to use the px_d8.exe program to determine the combinded offset. Since that program doesn't work how can I determine the combinded offset?

2 (edited by axisleon 2012-03-02 18:21:53)

Some information here...

http://forum.redump.org/topic/4862/pc-e … questions/

For [KMCD3005]Akumajō Dracula X: Chi no Rondo, you can try the write offset: +6125

3 (edited by axisleon 2012-01-28 23:15:54)

I can dump the few PCE-CD that match the DB so far, but I don't know how to explain it in english and write the post in dump section.

In short, the PCE-CD structure is very special because the gap don't follow the TOC, so it needs some data-shift and recreat the gap.

One thing important is prepare a drive support over-read lead-in zone and big value of positve offset to check the data-audio & audio-data gap.

[HCD1020]Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes (Write offset -1249) (match)
[HCD2033]Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes II (Write offset -1469) (match)
[HCD8004]Space Advanture COBRA: Kokuryuuou no Densetsu (old data)(Write offset -715) (match)
[HCD1014]Space Advanture COBRA II: Densetsu no Otoko (old data)(Write offset -2041) (match)
[HCD1022]Tengai Makyou II - Manji Maru (old data)(Write offset -343) (match)
[HCD9009]YsI & II Ancient Ys Vanished (old data)(Write offset -305) (match)
[HCD3051]YsIV The Dawn of Ys (old data)(Write offset +1752) (match)

Ps: My SONY CRX140S (+572)(Overread Lead-In) with EAC use only one offset, all audio track match after gap fixing.
Ps2: The Track01 needs remove wrong gap detection bytes of the end to get common JAP Track01 (b979500c).
Ps3: Due to EAC detect 0.01s gap in the non-stop Audio zone sometimes, some Audio track needs move data to next track.

It spend more time to fix than the other console game, so I do it not often.

Good luck.