From the guide, where it discusses using IsoBuster's sector view to find the write offset:

Now you should get a number of rows that show (scrambled)
binary data, followed by rows of zeroes. It is also possible that the last
row of data is not filled completely, but is partly zeroed.

So if there's one full row and one half row, should I be using 6 samples or 8 in my calculations?

Thanks, first time I saw that on a disc and the guide was a bit unclear. Just want to make sure I don't make any mistakes before finishing the rip.

I agree, the guide is unclear about this. Happened to me once before and I messed it up pretty much. Only after iR0b0t told me that I need to count only half of that row really, then we fixed the data ...

actually you have to count every sample (4 bytes)

+1 sample / +4 bytes

XX XX XX XX 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

+2 samples / +8 bytes

XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

+3 samples / +12 bytes

XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX 00 00 00 00
PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Having your skill, iR0b0t, there'd be at least 20 more resident evil discs in the database .. I just don't know how to do it. But, luckily, you have gotten a great use of your skills smile

I agree with RiMMER, the guide is uncomplete. RiMMER shown me how to dump the audio track from Resident Evil 2 (France) properly, and he did some stuffs not written in the guide.

So please update this guide, thanks in advance !!  big_smile

I'm so sorry for my ugly English!

I agree, the guide is way out of date. What I'd actually like to see is a Redump wiki - that way, as new tools and dumping methods are developed, the guide can easily keep up with them. If there was one here, I'd contribute to it.