I have successfully dumped and verified several PS1 games with data and audio tracks on my DVD drive (TSSTcorp - CD-DVDW TS-H552D +6). However, I have three games that I just can't figure out how to dump. I am hoping that someone here can offer some suggestions on what I am doing wrong.

The three games are:

1) Street Fighter Alpha 3 SLUS-00821GH

It has 2 data tracks. I dumped both tracks with ISO Buster. The first track verified with the online CRC, but the second track did not. This is the Greatest hits version so maybe I just don't have anything to compare it to. The online listing does not mention the Greatest Hits version. Is there a special way to dump the second data track or did I do this correct?

2) Tekken 3 SLUS-00402

I right clicked Track 2 in ISO Buster and it goes to Sector 269084. If I immediately go back 1 sector there is data. Why? I would expect all 0's since it is at the end of the gap following track 1.  EAC says there is a 2 second gap between all tracks. If I go back 149 sectors and then 1 more (as per the guide) from sector 269084 I get all zeroes. There is no garbage data. If I go back 151 sectors (268933) I get a single row of garbage data. It's like ISOBuster (and EAC?) think that Track 2 starts at sector 269084 when it should be sector 269083. I am totally lost on how to calculate the EAC offset for ripping the two audio tracks. I have dumped those two tracks with various EAC offsets and never get a valid CRC.

3) Tekken 2 SLUS-00213 Greatest Hits

Similar problem as Tekken 3. There are two audio tracks and I can not figure out the EAC offset.  I right clicked Track 2 in ISO Buster and it goes to Sector 305389. It contains all 0's. Why? I would expect real data there.  EAC says the gap is 2 seconds so I go back 149 sectors and then 1 more (as per the guide) to sector 305239. I also get all 0's. There is no garbage data. If I go back one more sector (now the total is 151 back) I get a single row of garbage data. I do not know how to calculate the read sample offset correction value in EAC.

I would greatly appreciate any advice someone could offer. I have spent hours trying to properly dump these games.

I have had problems with this as well, couldn't understand the guide completely. A few dumpers here explained the procedure better smile
Basically once you dump the audio track with EAC, you need to add the 2 second pregap manually

However I have had problems with certain games, and all I can think of is my drive not being compatible, or not detecting stuff properly hmm

3 (edited by Kalamari5662 2013-02-19 06:35:22)

I wouldn't use EAC for audio tracks. It's an extreme pain in the ass if you don't have a plextor.

I would recommend getting this: http://forum.redump.org/topic/10483/discimagecreator/

discimagecreator.exe -rall F: 8 Track

F: being your disc drive letter, 8 being the speed, and Track being the name.

if you have a 64 bit OS, go to the folder x64\Release_ANSI\

You're first track may not match, which is what isobuster is for. You will probably have to shave off 150 sectors though.

4 (edited by RetroGamer 2013-02-19 16:01:36)

Well, you can´t dump Tekken 2 and Tekken 3 because your drive has a offset of +6 and those discs have a negative offset of -647. To dump them you need a drive with a big positive offset (more than 647).
This has nothing to do with the EAC bug since that bug only affects discs with a data track amd ONLY one audio track!

To dump discs with two data tracks check this topic to know how: http://forum.redump.org/topic/4495/sega … -28112010/ and search for "FIXING ANOMALIES".

Humm, if you got matching dumps, please post the dumping info so that they can add you as a dumper for those discs smile

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

RetroGamer wrote:

Well, you can´t dump Tekken 2 and Tekken 3 because your drive has a offset of +6 and those discs have a negative offset of -647. To dump them you need a drive with a big positive offset (more than 647).
This has nothing to do with the EAC bug since that bug only affects discs with a data track amd ONLY one audio track!

To dump discs with two data tracks check this topic to know how: http://forum.redump.org/topic/4495/sega … -28112010/ and search for "FIXING ANOMALIES".

Humm, if you got matching dumps, please post the dumping info so that they can add you as a dumper for those discs smile

Thanks for all the replies. It is good to know my drive is the issue. I am still a little confused.

On the website it says this for Tekken 3: Write offset    -647, -12, +2

1) Does it mean that I have to have a write offset on my drive at least +647 to cancel out the negative 647 the game has? I think that is what you are saying.

2) So my drive has a +6, so I can't dump the audio tracks of any game with an offset of less than -6?

3) What does the +12, +2 mean?

4) I also have found that if I enable "Overead into lead-In Lead-Out" in EAC, the last audio track I dump does not match the database. If I disable this, then the last track does match. Are my last tracks still considered good dumps? If so, what games require this option?

Sorry for so many questions and thanks again.

1- yes
2- let's say that you won't be able to find the write offset of the disc.
3- This means that different dumpers dumped different discs, and they found different write offsets, and all the tracks matched.
4- humm... strange... that option must be enebled!

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

>>> 4) If your drives don't support over-reading you should dump the audio tracks once with over-read enabled and once with over-read disabled. If your dumping results are equal after that, then your dump should be okay. Best, you use two different drives with different read offsets, though!

Please post both EAC dumping logs (over-reading on / off) even if they seem to match.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

iR0b0t wrote:

>>> 4) If your drives don't support over-reading you should dump the audio tracks once with over-read enabled and once with over-read disabled. If your dumping results are equal after that, then your dump should be okay. Best, you use two different drives with different read offsets, though!

Please post both EAC dumping logs (over-reading on / off) even if they seem to match.

Thanks for all the help