2,551 (edited by usurper 2020-06-20 08:51:58)

The DIC.exe ist just crashing after hashing is complete.
However the hasing operation is completed, so the dat file is written (see attached logfiles).
Dunno what is executed after hashing has been done, but there seems to be the problem of the crash.

Post's attachments

crash.JPG 170.07 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

logs.zip 926.48 kb, 3 downloads since 2020-06-20 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2,552

Thx.
Uploaded 20200620
https://github.com/saramibreak/DiscImag … g/20200620

- fixed: crash when both /sf and /ns are used

2,553

sarami wrote:

Thx.
Uploaded 20200620
https://github.com/saramibreak/DiscImag … g/20200620

- fixed: crash when both /sf and /ns are used

Thanks. Works!

Hello Sarami,
I've recently dumped a multisession disc with 2 sessions: first session has 4 audio tracks, second has data. I don't know if it's normal to hit an error when reaching the end of the session (basically the error that says the unit will retry in 10000 milliseconds). The data track alone came out with 153745 errors. I've uploaded the logs. Even if I dumped the disc twice and bin have the same hashes, I'm unsure if it was dumped correctly.

Post's attachments

Disney Demo 2 (Italy).7z 486.31 kb, 4 downloads since 2020-06-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Salviamo la cultura videoludica italiana.

2,555

LoStraniero91 wrote:

Hello Sarami,
I've recently dumped a multisession disc with 2 sessions: first session has 4 audio tracks, second has data. I don't know if it's normal to hit an error when reaching the end of the session (basically the error that says the unit will retry in 10000 milliseconds). The data track alone came out with 153745 errors. I've uploaded the logs. Even if I dumped the disc twice and bin have the same hashes, I'm unsure if it was dumped correctly.

From EccEdc.txt:
[ERROR] Number of sector(s) where mode2 NoEdc subheader(0x10 - 0x17) isn't same: 153737
LBA[062809, 0x0f559], MSF[12:d9:34], mode 2 no edc, Subheader isn't same. [0x10]:0000, [0x11]:0x28, [0x12]:0x08, [0x13]:0x1e, [0x14]:0x80, [0x15]:0x08, [0x16]:0x68, [0x17]:0x06,

above equals a subheader value of "0028 081e 8008 6806" in hex which means scrambled data.
https://i.imgur.com/AgTSzBZ.png
Looks like the whole data track came out scrambled.

Scrambled image matches normal image in disc.txt as well.
<rom name="Disney Demo 2 (Italy).scm" size="482503392" crc="7c781444" md5="43fbe8f2b080eac7c1e7fb74ab68223e" sha1="75f30bdf602b2154d60203f91e549fc82ebd435f"/>
<rom name="Disney Demo 2 (Italy).img" size="482503392" crc="7c781444" md5="43fbe8f2b080eac7c1e7fb74ab68223e" sha1="75f30bdf602b2154d60203f91e549fc82ebd435f"/>

Balthier wrote:
LoStraniero91 wrote:

Hello Sarami,
I've recently dumped a multisession disc with 2 sessions: first session has 4 audio tracks, second has data. I don't know if it's normal to hit an error when reaching the end of the session (basically the error that says the unit will retry in 10000 milliseconds). The data track alone came out with 153745 errors. I've uploaded the logs. Even if I dumped the disc twice and bin have the same hashes, I'm unsure if it was dumped correctly.

From EccEdc.txt:
[ERROR] Number of sector(s) where mode2 NoEdc subheader(0x10 - 0x17) isn't same: 153737
LBA[062809, 0x0f559], MSF[12:d9:34], mode 2 no edc, Subheader isn't same. [0x10]:0000, [0x11]:0x28, [0x12]:0x08, [0x13]:0x1e, [0x14]:0x80, [0x15]:0x08, [0x16]:0x68, [0x17]:0x06,

above equals a subheader value of "0028 081e 8008 6806" in hex which means scrambled data.
https://i.imgur.com/AgTSzBZ.png
Looks like the whole data track came out scrambled.

Scrambled image matches normal image in disc.txt as well.
<rom name="Disney Demo 2 (Italy).scm" size="482503392" crc="7c781444" md5="43fbe8f2b080eac7c1e7fb74ab68223e" sha1="75f30bdf602b2154d60203f91e549fc82ebd435f"/>
<rom name="Disney Demo 2 (Italy).img" size="482503392" crc="7c781444" md5="43fbe8f2b080eac7c1e7fb74ab68223e" sha1="75f30bdf602b2154d60203f91e549fc82ebd435f"/>

Thanks for the insight.

Salviamo la cultura videoludica italiana.

2,557

LoStraniero91 wrote:

I've recently dumped a multisession disc with 2 sessions

_disc.txt

Lead-in length of 2nd session: 4507

Failed to get the pregap of 1st track of 2nd session. Change to other plextor drive if possible.
But CD-ROM drive can't support. https://github.com/saramibreak/DiscImag … /issues/41

2,558 (edited by antimatter 2020-07-01 13:55:29)

Hi, trying to dump with DIC the US version of Xbox One Ryse - Son of Rome (Europe) http://redump.org/disc/56587/

IsoBuster dumps the disc correctly but DIC underdumps the disc while using the latest DIC test version

DIC logs: https://mega.nz/file/e9gVDSSZ#9cM5I3Lfi … cCqTx72f4Y


Note: This disc is UDF 1.02. Dumped an UDF 1.50 Xbox One disc & IsoBuster & latest DIC test version matched.
For reference, UDF 1.50 DIC logs https://mega.nz/file/4SQnGYTa#F4pTOQ5lf … vEiwZ5maTA

2,559

antimatter wrote:

IsoBuster dumps the disc correctly but DIC underdumps the disc while using the latest DIC test version

Same problem. http://forum.redump.org/post/79003/#p79003
DIC uses "Anchor Volume Descriptor Pointer", not TOC length.

2,560

Hello!

I'm having issues dumping an Amiga CD-32 prototype but I'm experiencing this error in mainError.txt in each attempt I try:

LBA[001773, 0x006ed]: Track[01]: This sector is data, but sync is invalid
========== LBA[001773, 0x006ed]: Main Channel ==========
       +0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6 +7  +8 +9 +A +B +C +D +E +F
0000 : 70 25 00 00 F5 18 00 00  7A 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00   p%......z.......

Here are the output files.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/tbrbb69g … ad.7z/file

2,561

ehw wrote:

I'm having issues dumping an Amiga CD-32 prototype but I'm experiencing this error in mainError.txt in each attempt I try:

Because this sector has c2 error.

2,562

sarami wrote:
ehw wrote:

I'm having issues dumping an Amiga CD-32 prototype but I'm experiencing this error in mainError.txt in each attempt I try:

Because this sector has c2 error.

Thanks for the reply.

We had other discs do the same thing within the same session and the issue seemed to fix itself with a powercycle. I heard PX-716UFs had some stability issues like this, so maybe that's what it was.