1 (edited by samsam12 2023-11-07 14:34:39)

Now that Redump is opening Xbox 360 dat files to the public, for your consideration, post log files for missing games/verification dumps in the hope of getting as close as possible for having all discs being iXtreme/ODE ready. Please, if you have any dumps either in the database already or want to verify against.

Please include two dumps of SS.bin if you're using a Kreon drive, and the standard XBC format Redump log output if not.

Post or PM myself with files attached, and if you'd like your name added to the submission. The database is accessible to anybody,  currently our backend does not support manually submitted log files

Lock if this is a conflict of interest - the intent is to compliment Redump, not step on it's toes.

I don't run the project, but am closely involved in hadzz completely self funding the hosting of the project and making the database as accurate as possible.

https://abgx360.hadzz.com

2 (edited by diego-rbb-93 2021-12-14 10:10:14)

samsam12 wrote:

given Redump opening Xbox 360 dat files to the public, for your consideration is adding missing games/verification in the hope of getting as close as possible for having all discs being iXtreme/ODE ready. Please, if you have any dumps either

Not in the database, at all
Only SSv1

Post or PM myself with files attached, and if you'd like your name added to the submission. The database is accessible to everybody, and will have support for users to manually upload their files very soon. http://hadzz.com/abgx/verified_static.html

Lock if this is a conflict of interest - the intent is to compliment Redump, not step on it's toes.

I don't run the project, but am closely involved in hadzz completely self funded rebuilding of the database

Hi Samsam!

First, let me tell you there's no conflict in colaborating, this situation is something I adressed I few days ago because I found important for x360 archival preservation to save these files. Having you here is great news.

Sadly, I must warn you: Redump never saved those. No idea why, but we only include the hashes for it. But, a few mates have been collecting that data by their own side and datting it.  Is incomplete but is the least we can share.

AFAIK, the dats for PS3, Wii and Xbox 360 should finally be opened soon. I hope so, I think is a good moment for the public to access.

Tell Hadzz from my side that we really apreciate this effort. One of my spanish pals, JHMiller, was one of the main volunteers from abgx360 project and he was sad he could never reach Seacrest to talk.

From my side: Im starting to dump Xbox 360 in the months to come so I can push the Spain set plus some missing european ones. If there's anything I can do, I'll be happy to help.

I need to ask you something: You guys managed to detect every single existing game released with XGD3 protection? Im breaking my ass to make sure I identify those so we have all those SS files correctly dumped for that protection series.

In case you, you can reach us on Discord:

https://discord.gg/AHTfxQV

3 (edited by samsam12 2021-12-14 14:18:42)

XGD3 in the database is missing a few discs - I'm certain their are dumps of all of these discs, though

The ones that have proper scene releases but missing in our db

Ginga Force

A lot of region duplicates, need to write up every XGD3 disc in general then cross reference with all other pressings of the same game

Hey,

always nice to here that someone works on anything around XBOX360.

If they're needed you can find all SSv1/2,PFI, DMI of the dumps I did here: https://mega.nz/folder/lQUxHIpa#9OEWIXGv2NqSu9mzmAcBLw

Cheers

Here's my logs as well, I don't have an 0800 so the SS.bin for the ones that require it are not valid.
Xbox: https://mega.nz/folder/TcFBjQCS#75oEFvp … r/WBM1VCIb
360: https://mega.nz/folder/TcFBjQCS#75oEFvp … r/OMFRTYpK

Mastodon Page | YouTube Page
☆ ☆ ☆ PX-W4012TA ☆ PX-716A ☆ GGC-H20L ☆ BW-16D1HT ☆ ☆ ☆
Wii ☆ Wii U ☆ PSP 3K ☆ SOHD-167T ☆ Pioneer 209DBK ☆ TS-H352C

Fantastic to see the amount of help in just a day

I got PM'd a set from another member that has a lot of missing region variants, SSv1 is okay if it's all you have if it's a pressing missed in the DB.

retaliator - your link either was pulled or private

samsam12 wrote:

retaliator - your link either was pulled or private

Sorry, link should work now! smile

8 (edited by samsam12 2021-12-17 04:29:49)

slowly getting stuff added, though something was caught that is... pretty bad

ss_sector_range completely zeroes the SS angle table - while getting some of retaliator's dumps tested, the tables were dead on consistent

it's pretty much not possible to get a 1:1 dump of a SS, the zeroed out files do work, but are less accurate than a ssv1 clean - for xbox 360 titles going forward, please keep your untampered security sectors, and if possible, get a 0800 - retaliator, by chance do you have your discs or original SS files? - sorry to bother, but it would be better to add these into the db

Here are some more SS dumps, including some very rare demos:

Xbox - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … sp=sharing
X360 - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … sp=sharing

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

samsam12 wrote:

slowly getting stuff added, though something was caught that is... pretty bad

ss_sector_range completely zeroes the SS angle table - while getting some of retaliator's dumps tested, the tables were dead on consistent

it's pretty much not possible to get a 1:1 dump of a SS, the zeroed out files do work, but are less accurate than a ssv1 clean - for xbox 360 titles going forward, please keep your untampered security sectors, and if possible, get a 0800 - retaliator, by chance do you have your discs or original SS files? - sorry to bother, but it would be better to add these into the db

These are the SS files how I got them with Xbox Backup Creator an my LiteOn v0800 drive. What do you mean with "untampered"? Maybe I still have some of the discs, have to check. Which of those of those would you need exactly?

11 (edited by samsam12 2021-12-20 02:58:38)

it might not be your dumps - a few liteon 0800 are coming back really close to proper targets but the ss sector range is 100% modifying every single SS you throw into it. I'll make a thread about this with more details since this doesn't effect patching on the grounds of running on real hardware, and could be up to your opinion

From hadzz,

so at address 0x0228, that is for angle 1. in the top files (untouched) it says the first measurement is 02 (a deviation of 1 degree) and the second measurement is 02 (1 degree dev)

https://i.imgur.com/0Q30cpu.png

then the bottom is after running it through ss_sector_range.exe, it sets that first measurement to 1 (0 deviation) and the second measurement is wiped out
red indicates difference, everything else is untouched besides the angles
this isn't a very good example because the only deviation is in angle 1, but you get the idea

12 (edited by Jackal 2021-12-20 06:51:16)

The reason for the ss_sector_range modifying of the SS.bin bytes is to get consistent hashes between different dumps of the same discs. Otherwise you end up with 100 different SS.bin that are actually the same, but those bytes change randomly on different reads.

IIRC the "cleaning" was only for SSv1, but please confirm.

13 (edited by samsam12 2021-12-20 20:18:37)

SSv2 isn't affected - I noticed this, but wasn't sure why some files were being modified

Regardless - it's problematic for Xbox 360 dumps to create false hashes - these discs are pressed with a certain level of deviation per game, and the drive on a real console has this expectation. It makes archiving harder, but as of now Redump doesn't even include these for their disc hashes anyway.

The files will work, it's just less accurate than the files as ripped with a specific value. Inherently it's how these discs are pressed, reading out that sector is rarely going to read 1:1 from it's pressing. The best solution going forward is to encourage using 0800 firmware/XBC for Xbox 360, and Kreon for anything OG Xbox.

The database is starting to populate with entries from the community. It's manual between myself and hadzz for now, however some back end work for anyone wanting to add themselves is coming eventually, so ideally we'll have credentials for Redump members if they would like to directly add new dumps

http://puu.sh/IxwCn/92c9f9fb18.png

samsam12 wrote:

SSv2 isn't affected - I noticed this, but wasn't sure why some files were being modified

Regardless - it's problematic for Xbox 360 dumps to create false hashes - these discs are pressed with a certain level of deviation per game, and the drive on a real console has this expectation. It makes archiving harder, but as of now Redump doesn't even include these for their disc hashes anyway.

The files will work, it's just less accurate than the files as ripped with a specific value. Inherently it's how these discs are pressed, reading out that sector is rarely going to read 1:1 from it's pressing. The best solution going forward is to encourage using 0800 firmware/XBC for Xbox 360, and Kreon for anything OG Xbox.

The database is starting to populate with entries from the community. It's manual between myself and hadzz for now, however some back end work for anyone wanting to add themselves is coming eventually, so ideally we'll have credentials for Redump members if they would like to directly add new dumps

http://puu.sh/IxwCn/92c9f9fb18.png

Samsam, I always wondered which games/discs were never dumped by the Scene in Xbox 360. Did you ever compared the avaliable data with out Wiki Missing Lists?

15 (edited by samsam12 2021-12-21 12:10:00)

A ton of region duplicates

Missing completely

Momotaro Densetsu 16 Gold
Janline
Cave Shooting Collection reprint edition
Steins Gate reprint with DLC
Memories Off HK/TW
Working dump of Sakura Flamingo Archives - the scene release crashes loading Chaos Field

Missing scene - has working user dumps not associated here

Minecraft Story Mode - Season 2 Season Pass Disc
Cave Shooting Collection
Batman Season 1 Season Pass Disc
FIFA 19 Legacy Edition

Missing scene/P2P/Redump

Cave Shooting Collection reissue/v2
Sakura Flamingo Archives proper/fully working

Missing DMI

Almost all Japanese dumps from 2005 up to mid 2007

Title ID/Disc ID is parsed from the DMI on upload - something that wasn't in the official submission page
More trickling of entries
Kreon dumps are now accepted either modified or not - tldr, every Kreon rip is "guessing" what angle the disc has, so it basically is a wash regardless of what drive or if it has zeroed out portions. They're not ideal but as with all current DB entries, if we can get a SSv2 these get added over the pre-existing files

Those reprints are confirmed to be different revisions?

17 (edited by samsam12 2021-12-22 07:49:21)

Yeah - the Cave collection is missing Akai Katana content on the reissue in 2014 - The copy in the boxset is the original disc, and getting the new disc required a send in to Cave - which is incredibly rare and Cave printed low numbers.

Steins Gate is in the dumped list

Please Samsam, can you confirm how exactly you want the SS Files?

I got an USB Pro and im pending to receive a new 0800 drive, mine got broken last night. I dumped SS.bin with Xbox Creator for Obut Petanque 2 but the SS.bin didnt match with the one that JHMiller added to ABGX and I dont understand anything about how you want this added.

19 (edited by samsam12 2021-12-24 11:59:19)

It's not difficult - you want either a BenQ or Lite On drive from a fat console

You can use built in SATA if your mobo is old enough or get a USB Pro - the process is the same regardless

Open XBC, extract SS/DMI/PFI from the disc - that's it. If your dump doesn't match the file in the DB, it's likely an undocumented pressing. The game in question is uncommon, so it's possible it's just an undumped disc. Post it here if you want and I can reference it from the copy I have

samsam12 wrote:

It's not difficult - you want either a BenQ or Lite On drive from a fat console

You can use built in SATA if your mobo is old enough or get a USB Pro - the process is the same regardless

Open XBC, extract SS/DMI/PFI from the disc - that's it. If your dump doesn't match the file in the DB, it's likely an undocumented pressing. The game in question is uncommon, so it's possible it's just an undumped disc. Post it here if you want and I can reference it from the copy I have

I doubt it. This is the same disc that JHMiller dumped for ABGX. That's why im surprised. Same disc, same writer, different hash for SS.bin   -.-

21 (edited by samsam12 2021-12-25 01:15:28)

Different hash is normal - by design, SS files will almost always have a different hash, as the value pressed on the disc is close to impossible to read 1:1

So that's fine - what you're looking for is the RawSS in abgx - if it matches, then your dump is good.

22 (edited by diego-rbb-93 2021-12-25 01:40:35)

So, how do i obtain the RawSS? Thats the question

Btw, there's a Sakura Flamingos unit here in spain for sale... But no price and its sealed, the seller is asking for offers so expect a bad price.

You'll see it in the log after running your ISO in abgx360

SS CRC = blank (RawSS = blank)
     SS Media ID: blank (matches game)
SS looks valid

more:
Xbox: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … sp=sharing
X360 https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … sp=sharing

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

Good progress - support for user accounts is added now, if you want to manually upload your dumps - it just reads out the CRC and uploads the SS/DMI/PFI, not the entire disc by yourself just PM me and I'll have hadzz create you a username and pass

16 verified in the past 10 days - and so much to do still. Thanks to everyone willing to help out

https://i.ibb.co/8PYLz8T/image-2021-12-30-192409.png