1 (edited by user7 2018-12-18 00:24:30)

These need to be moved to History Of Dumps subforum.

https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/petit … y=20973009

Sign the petition, do ur part.

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

Why are you posting stuff like that around the whole internet and point it to my name? If mods who added them don't have forum editing rights they should at least leave a comment that the topic is officially added, otherwise me or other staff members will have to track down all disc edits and make sure everything was added before moving a topic. This is a whole double work.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

3 (edited by user7 2018-12-18 01:14:17)

>Why are you posting stuff like that around the whole internet and point it to my name?

What do I have to do to get you to clean up all the [ADDED]'s? Clean up your room son.

>If mods who added them don't have forum editing rights they should at least leave a comment that the topic is officially added...

Or grant all mods permission so they don't have to track you down and hope you'll actually contribute to the site?

I've had a few mods tell me you're ignoring their messages to improve this site. Why not gracefully hand over the keys so we can progress? It's ironic that one of the biggest impediments to video game preservation right now is an inactive admin who ignores mods and users.

4 (edited by diego-rbb-93 2018-12-18 01:34:09)

Since the day i joined ive been pushing this project as far as i could making my whole country to know what Redump is and trying to bring more and more support, recognising the involvement and efforts of every single user that have formed this place since it was born.

I may not be as old as the rest, or have the same technicals skills, but ive tried to do my best to pump some new blood to this place. And the truth is to pump some new blood, you need a pumping bomb working... The one in this place is a bit rusty.

Sometimes, lot of us feel like this place is getting dusty as hell. We've been expecting for months changes that not only take months to be done one by one, but doesnt seem to be of the concern of the administrator.

http://forum.redump.org/topic/18611/to- … e-updates/

http://forum.redump.org/topic/19969/seg … ticue-gdi/

An honest PM was sent to you, giving you thanks for your work, and to please, to mind about the forum problems, and it was answered by our dear admin more than a month after i wrote it. My grateful words received a "Thanks. By the way, fix your ring codes, all these are wrong... Bye". You tell me to fix my stuff when the admin takes months and months and months to fix the project problems?

The Private message system is terrible, my partners take weeks to answer because nobody notice them, the forums are old as hell and we dont give any concern about it, waiting patiently for this to change. A simple change was asked to make users dont get wrong messages believing Redump was a closed place and the answer was it was them to blame.

We have spend months kindly asking for changes so this project can do better and give the best of us, bringing new people, or better, give the keys to another person of your trust, and all the words i hear for all the people involved is that you wont give nothing for this project.

If you are not boycotting yourself this project, the only reason i can believe is that you actually prefer all this place to be as useless as hell to not attract any kind of lawsuit that could affect you.

user7 wrote:

I've had a few mods tell me you're ignoring their messages to improve this site

I don't know who you are talking about and what messages you are referring to. I was never ignoring people. Besides of that you are starting a discussion about moving topics where i don't have a direct influnce at. Whenever i processed post submission i moved my shit right away to their respective history sections if they were cleared.

Stop that shit!

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

6 (edited by user7 2018-12-18 02:22:01)

>I don't know who you are talking about and what messages you are referring to.

You have people offering to help improve this site and won't take anyone up on the offers. There's work to be done and no one else has permissions to do it.

http://forum.redump.org/topic/18611/to- … e-updates/
http://forum.redump.org/topic/19969/seg … ticue-gdi/

And a 17 comment thread about how we're concerned about you pearl clutching redump's database info and no reply? People have submitted over a million dollars and discs and you're going to disrespect the community by not even replying that they want the database backed up?

http://forum.redump.org/topic/17805/a-s … up-redump/

Seriously man. A lot of us feel like you're really not taking your admin responsibilities seriously and it's harming the preservation community. Users and Mods alike. LET. OTHERS. HELP. We need a modern database that is updated. We need a DC set that is usable, we need SSL, we need full database backups, we need multisession support added, we need DICUI cvs submission added, so much is left undone right now and we're lucky to get a reply from you on these concerns. No one else has root permissions, no one else can implement these changes.

What does it have to do with your topic "Dumps forum has a bunch of [Added] crap in it" ?

8 (edited by user7 2018-12-18 02:27:00)

Its a sign of how ineffective a leader you are. The forum is littered with crap and disorganized and the site isn't being updated. If you don't want to do the work, let others do it.

I fully replied to your origin topic concern.

Other topics you have mentioned past that is a concern of staff. They either need further discussing or are not as important to be added right now. I was working with Jackal on parent clone implementation, this is one of the topics that has heavier prority than stuff like https or wiki update.

10 (edited by user7 2018-12-18 02:38:53)

>Other topics you have mentioned past that is a concern of staff.

I chat with the staff regularly, and they're concerned with the site not being updated. This is a non-reply trying to obfuscate the facts.

The staff is concerned that redump is only controlled by one person.

The staff is concerned that the DC set is unplayable.

The staff is concerned there is not multisession support on redump.

The staff is concerned that the site is out of date. etc.

Users are concerned as well. http://forum.redump.org/topic/17805/a-s … up-redump/

11 (edited by Jackal 2018-12-18 06:53:32)

HTTPS should be the next priority... Dreamcast cuesheet is not iR0b0t's fault. We didn't exactly come to an agreement yet on a standard? And multi session support doesn't really exist for cuesheets (except for REM comments which don't really do anything AFAIK)

ajshell1 didn't have permissions yet for the dumps forum yet, but now he does. There were 5 other moderarors and 2 admins who could have cleaned it up, but apparently nobody has time for it.

The only thing you can really blame the staff for is lack of time. ajshell1 is the first staff member who's consistently putting in some serious time since he was promoted, but still there are tons of Chinese dumps being submitted that nobody feels comfortable checking/adding. I don't know how we can solve that matter.

As for having more developers working on the site or access to backups, I think this issue was thoroughly addressed before. I guess iR0b0t is too paranoid about security and he would only give backups access to Dremora or F1reb4ll and not give anybody direct access anymore to the server.

>We didn't exactly come to an agreement yet on a standard?
http://forum.redump.org/post/65401/#p65401

^If no one's discussing it or has a better idea, why not implement it? I've got devs ready to support the redump set for the first time in a decade and this thread is already collecting dust.

>As for having more developers working on the site or access to backups, I think this issue was thoroughly addressed before. I guess iR0b0t is too paranoid about security

Redump is scrape-able. So we're holding back letting devs help update why again?

Leave it man, this is a lost battle already. Is easier to hide back the concerns and act like the project was made by rainbows and candies while the users are the one to blame... As always.

It's not always easily understandable, whether to move the [ADDED] ones or if they are needed for some future discussions. You need to open each topic and carefully read every post to understand. Theoretically, it could be optimized somehow, like, some 'garbage collector' that moves all the [ADDED] once a week. And maybe some script that removes the [ADDED] tag if someone has posted something into the topic afterwards.

There are 18 pages of Dumps, about 1/3rd of them have [ADDED]. Some of the old ones are awaiting replies, but most just need to be cleaned up.

>Theoretically, it could be optimized somehow, like, some 'garbage collector' that moves all the [ADDED] once a week.
That sounds great. Also allowing for comments in History of Dumps might not be a bad idea.

I check every now and then where my topics are using "view my topics" in profile menu: http://forum.redump.org/search/topics/user/62541/

I can see that some topics are still in Dump section and are already added, others are just forgotten.