51 (edited by jamjam 2011-09-20 07:54:33)

It would require a rewrite, as the sections are currently stored in an array as the size is known from the parameters passed to it. The benefit is minimal, as all you're doing is not rereading good sectors around a bad sector, and with a granularity of -i500 this doesn't mean much. You would only see a good benefit if using a high interval on a tricky disc.

Also, if the program gets to the end and says clean the disc (or you've closed it before it's finished execution), there's no need to delete the files it's made. Run the program again and it will continue where it left off (be sure to pass the same -i and -c parameters, and leave every file where it is). Any good sections won't be dumped again, and the successful reads of undumped sections will be used to try to get a match. Like in the above log file for house of the dead 2.

edit: Yes smile

PS3Dec (decrypt ps3 images), PS3DumpCheck (check integrity), GetKey (dump PS3 metadata), DatSplit (split redump dats), GPack (compress related images together)

52 (edited by tossEAC 2011-09-20 18:04:59)

Heres a small observation. About the drives we are using.

SH-D162C has no problem with DCDumper as far as it can start reading from 44990, with out any problem.

SH-D162D has problems, so its best to fake a read from 50000 with cdrwin, then it has no problem reading from 44990 with DCDumper.

Also I would like to suggest some additional features, one is, to log the drive and firmware, so we know what drive dumped what, secondly would be to log the time of the machine, at the start and end, to give us a rough idea of how long each dump takes.

These are just thoughts, and I thought it would be easy enough to implement thats why i suggested it.

A final thought would be just purely cosmetic, replace

Reading section 1:
Reading section 2:
Reading section 3:
Reading section 4:
Reading section 5:
Reading section 6:
Reading section 7:
Reading section 8:
Reading section 9:

with

Reading section 01:
Reading section 02:
Reading section 03:
Reading section 04:
Reading section 05:
Reading section 06:
Reading section 07:
Reading section 08:
Reading section 09:

Then all the sections would look in a straight line, hehe smile

He who controls the SPICE... controls the UNIVERSE!
The SPICE must flow.

I've successfully used DCdumper on 3 previously undumpable discs so far. I have another 4 or 5 discs which are obviously too damaged, but I'll continue trying ^^ Just thought I'd let you know that your work is much appreciated, jamjam big_smile

I think DCdumper could be useful for some of my problematic PC CDs, too. Would it be possible for you to implement a CD dumping mode? When enabled, DCdumper should dump from sector 0 all the way to the end of the disc, instead of always 44990-549150. All I'd need is a parameter to specify the number of sectors on the disc, or (ideally) have DCdumper look it up on its own.

actually you would need to input the start and end sectors, as especially pc discs have often a negative offset, where samsung drive has an RO of +6 only, not sure if it would even overread  wink

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Hm. No, the Samsung doesn't overread, but I thought this isn't a problem for data-only discs? I don't want to dump any audio tracks using DCdumper, just plain old 1 data track discs ^^ I thought we don't have to worry about overreading, offsets etc. in this case.

Did i get it right - this program dump GD-Rom through PC DVD(CD)Rom ?
I tried to do it with my several GD-Roms :

DCdumper.exe E

But no luck - always errors:

---
 DCdumper.exe DCdumper.exe E 

Handle acquired.
Load disc: Done.
Sector map created.

..................:::::::::::::::: PASS 1 ::::::::::::::::..................
Reading section 1: 044990-055278 - read error.
Fake read. Retry - read error.
Reading section 2: 055279-065567 - read error.
Reading section 3: 065568-075856 - read error.

I use Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD-7203A

I don't think this is a supported drive Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD-7203A

You need a Samsung SH-D162D and you also need a Trap Disc.

The trap disc is then swapped with a GD-Rom, and then you can read the GD-Rom.

The SPICE must flow.

What's a trap disk ? It set position lba 45000 for drive ?
I have lite-on and old teac cdrw - it wont be working too ?

@JackIngles
Follow the redump dreamcast guide here, and either use CDRwin as it says, or use DCDumper in its place.

@amarok
I can add a flag to let you dump between any two sector ranges, will it be useful though? Data tracks are aligned because the drive does it automatically, what you suggest is to dump as audio, then descramble + align in software. This can be done (ice does it for dense gd-rom session, maybe it will work generally), but if ice can't something else will have to be found which does.

BTW I will get round eventually to a 0.43a with some additions, been busy.

PS3Dec (decrypt ps3 images), PS3DumpCheck (check integrity), GetKey (dump PS3 metadata), DatSplit (split redump dats), GPack (compress related images together)

60 (edited by amarok 2011-09-29 19:10:04)

I can add a flag to let you dump between any two sector ranges, will it be useful though?

Yes, please, that's exactly what I need big_smile

Data tracks are aligned because the drive does it automatically, what you suggest is to dump as audio, then descramble + align in software.

Nope, I'd skip the whole trap disc part for PC discs, of course. All I'm interested in is DCdumper's re-reading ability big_smile

BTW I will get round eventually to a 0.43a with some additions, been busy.

Looking forward to it big_smile

A 'read speed' option would be nice.
Now i have to set read speed through a external program like plextools.

Maybe have a variable speed setting (try lower speed on read errors)?

Other then that, DCDumper has been working great for me.

LG GSA-H55N | LG GDR-8163b | LG GDR-8164b | Samsung SH-D162C (kreon) | Liteon DG-16D2S 0800 V3 (XGD3)
Pioneer DVR-111L | Plextor PX-716 | Plextor PX-760 | Yamaha CRW-F1 | Yamaha CRW-F1 UX

Does anyone have the latest version of the source code. If so can you upload it please?

http://www.multiupload.nl/LKTU9NFV0Z
http://www.multiupload.nl/J5O2BNTD4P

Its not the source I don't think, but it is the programmes 0.4a & 0.42a

The SPICE must flow.

thank you very much, you're a godsend. The src folder even contains the source files  big_smile

Could someone reupload this software, please, because links here and on wiki are dead.

Somebody plz reupload!

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/R9WU66ENH7 big_smile

Thx smile but it's no use with my drives sad

Another mirror: http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/8008934/file.html

69 (edited by Jackal 2014-10-28 21:30:30)

Thx smile but it's no use with my drives sad

Another mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3aaeh … (0.42a).7z

Sorry for the bump but does anyone still have a copy of the source code for this program? It seems to have been lost to time...

I wish, I have tried to reach themabus in the past, no luck.

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

72 (edited by scsi_wuzzy 2022-08-05 00:20:12)

ehw wrote:

Sorry for the bump but does anyone still have a copy of the source code for this program? It seems to have been lost to time...

user7 wrote:

I wish, I have tried to reach themabus in the past, no luck.

I made a post some time back asking for the source. sarami was kind enough to share it. The post is at http://forum.redump.org/topic/40014/sou … -dcdumper/.

As of when I'm posting this, the Mediafire links that sarami posted then are still working.

I looked at doing some improvements, including checking ECC/EDC error as the dump occurs and retrying as necessary (i.e., instead of just doing a check at the end of each section, retry every sector that has any ECC/EDC errors as it's read), but I ultimately found that my particular drive sucked too much to ever make any use of it and gave up.

There's definitely a lot of room for these types of improvements that could making DC dumping a lot easier, though.

Actually in hindsight, I'm getting dcdumper with ICE.exe - for which we don't have source code (thus I can't properly fix my System 2 dump http://forum.redump.org/topic/41632/dc- … ice-error/ )

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

user7 wrote:

Actually in hindsight, I'm getting dcdumper with ICE.exe - for which we don't have source code (thus I can't properly fix my System 2 dump http://forum.redump.org/topic/41632/dc- … ice-error/ )

Ahh, that's unfortunate.

If it's any help, the source for the version of DiscImageCreator referenced in that thread (the version that still had the GD-ROM decoding / splitting functionality) is available at http://www.mediafire.com/file/ro6zxax54 … 07.7z/file. That 7z includes both the source and the binary.

I'm not sure what all functionality ICE has compared to what that version of DIC has, but, at a quick glance, it at least looks like the DIC code is capable of doing the descrambling, locating the TOC within the descrambled data, and splitting based on the located TOC. I know ICE also parses IP.BIN, which it looks like DIC doesn't do, but it might not be too much work to replicate the remaining functionality of ICE based on the relevant parts of the DIC source (in outputGD.cpp).