Im trying to dump V Fighter 3tb (Jap) for the dreamcast.

When I try to extract the dense.bin, ice gives this error.

ice @20090609 / themabus@inbox.lv
---------------------------------
dense.bin
---------------------------------
Accessing                       : ok
Seeking 1st valid Mode1 sector  : ok
 LBA found                      : 44991
 @file offset                   : $00000348
 Scrambled                      : TRUE
Seeking LBA 45000               : ok
 Combined offset (samples)      : -378
Parsing IP.BIN                  : An unhandled exception occurred at $00410140 :
EConvertError : "$SEGA" is an invalid integer
  $00410140
  $00401DB3
  $0040562C

Anyone have a suggestion.

I have dumped this first section twice using DC Dumper and get matching results both time, no problem, even dumped the 1st section with CDRWin and got the same again. Looks like I need to leave this disc for now, and move on to a new one.

He who controls the SPICE... controls the UNIVERSE!
The SPICE must flow.

sarami has developed an alternative program which can process scrambled DC dumps:

http://forum.redump.org/topic/10483/discimagecreator/

On semi-vacation. MSF/AMSF to LBA/offset and viceversa calculator: link
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot
Spaces must be the fullwidth variant: link / screenshot

nice, but totally unrelated to dreamcast dumping, and more so dense.bin extraction, which is what this problem is about, and only this dump of this disc all other dreamcast discs are ripping happilly smile

The SPICE must flow.

4 (edited by pablogm123 2013-02-15 15:19:24)

-dec [filename] [LBA]
               Descramble data sector (for GD-ROM Image)
    -split [filename]
               Split descrambled File (for GD-ROM Image)

It seems that the -dec dense.bin 45000 command line does the trick if high density session contains just a data track.

To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot

Sorry about that I guess you could be right maybe saramis tool can extract the dense.bin, my apologies smile

But I would like to extract it with ice.exe if poss, as thats the norm, and we need to view the ice log to see if their were any errors, which is quite important, I don't know if saramis tool reports errors if present when descrambling the dense.bin.

The SPICE must flow.

6 (edited by pablogm123 2013-02-14 17:48:46)

As workaround, you can download this file (you need the ecma program to unpack it, see the themabus' signature), dummy data which fills the 0,45000 gap. Then, copy /b dummy.bin+[your dump] [final file]. CDMage will be able to open the final file and scan for corruption, assuming that there are no audio tracks.

And if I were you, I would report this error to themabus, who developed the ice.exe app.

thanks for your help, still puzzled why ice is spitting this back at my face, maybe something to do with

Combined offset (samples)      : -378

The SPICE must flow.

Could you try deleting the useless data before the beggining of data track, using a hex editor? The first sector of data track contains this header 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 11 82 00 61 (scrambled) or 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 10 02 00 01 (unscrambled). But remember the exact amount of deleted bytes, so that write offset can be determinated.

Thanks both of you for the help. It extracted fine with saramis tool.

My Virtua Fighter 3tb v1.000 it matches the dumpcast dump. Good.

I also have another copy of this yet to be cleaned, its badly scratched but cleaning is sometimes difficult with really scratched discs, never the less I will atempt the clean and dump, with a bit of luck it may even be the v1.003 disc would be really nice if it was, and both came with the project berkley disc smile which will hopefully dump, but at the moment isn't playing ball, it has a teenie weenie scratch on it thats giving a read error.

The SPICE must flow.

Bumping this thread because I'm having the same problem with three internal Sega discs that I am trying to dump for Redump.
ice.exe is bugged and won't work for some discs.

I'm going to reference these discs at Dumpcast (I am the owner of the Dumpcast site btw).
System Disc 2
GD Drive Repair Program
DC Checker for Repair

The problem here is that ice.exe is expecting a 4-digit hex value in the IP.BIN header at 0x30 in the descrambled dump. This hex value is a checksum of other fields within the header. On this Virtua Fighter 3tb disc and others, including mine (and other discs I don't possess undumped by Redump like this DC Checker for MP), at 0x30 is the text "SEGA" or "SEGAS" -- which is not a hex value. Instead of failing gracefully, ice.exe crashes before descrambling the dump.

I downloaded DiscImageCreator to use that instead but the unfortunately the functionality to descramble discs dumped by dcdumper has been taken out at some point. The old builds that do have this functionality are not on the DIC github.

Fortunately there was a mediafire link to an old version left over in that thread. I am attaching that file to this post.

In order to use, do:
DiscImageCreator.exe -dec dense.bin <LBA>
which will spit out a "dense.dec" file.
for example:

c:\Users\darc\Desktop\gdroms\VGPC GD-Rom Dumping Kit>DiscImageCreator.exe -dec dense.bin 44990
DiscImageCreator BuildDate:[Jul  7 2012 00:01:08]
Start->Sun 2019-05-05 11:36:54 Central Daylight Time
Descrambling File(size) 1185760800/1185763076
End->Sun 2019-05-05 11:37:29 Central Daylight Time

And if the HD section contains CDDA, also do:
DiscImageCreator.exe -split dense.dec
for example:

c:\Users\darc\Desktop\gdroms\VGPC GD-Rom Dumping Kit>DiscImageCreator.exe -split dense.dec
DiscImageCreator BuildDate:[Jul  7 2012 00:01:08]
Start->Sun 2019-05-05 11:39:24 Central Daylight Time
Split File(num)  6/ 6End->Sun 2019-05-05 11:39:33 Central Daylight Time

This should spit out your split separate track files.

Post's attachments

DiscImageCreator_20120707.7z 134.25 kb, 17 downloads since 2019-05-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.