I can not post this normal as the sectors.log file exceeds the 64KB post limit. So instead I am posting on my FileBeam account.

This is my first dump so I would like my work checked for missing information before I proceed. I intend to dump some 30 odd other games I own but would hate to do them all wrong. All dumps will be original US discs.

The next game I do will be one with audio tracks and I again will request the logs be inspected before I proceed further.

All logs and other information are stored in the zip (no game data included). My sectors.log file seems excessively large so I think something might be wrong.

http://filebeam.com/folder/3061

checked some games with audio tracks and things are being very weird I think.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night has a single audio track that is not used in the game at all. It's pre gap detects at 0 second.
Lunar Silver Star Story has two audio tracks and track2 detects at 1.66 seconds. How do we get accuracy when we are getting fractions?

I think my CD-ROM drive might be damaged or just not suitable for ripping games...

LITE-ON - LTR-16101B with a +690 offset.

3 (edited by Z_Kenpachi 2007-11-25 04:12:02)

I have Plextor +676 offset.  You should always try and use multiple drives.  I have done only two dumps, but I used two drives each time.  Zero second pregaps can be a pain.  I have Castlevania SOTN Original & GH, so I might dump those to double check if you are having trouble. 

Each 150 sectors is 2 seconds.  Do a ratio analysis, and you should get 124.5 sectors for 1.66 seconds.   You have to do the math on your own.  DO NOT IGNORE THE FRACTIONS AND ROUND UP OR DOWN.  I did this on my first dump and f'ed it up.  There are tools to help you get there, but some of it you might have to do by pen and paper or a calculator to verify (at least I do).  Some of the tools only work with Plextor drives.

You can do it like this:

1.66 / 2 = 0.83 * 150 = 124.5

Or ... 150 / 2 = 75 (1 second) * 1.66 = 124.5

If you get an error on your drive when searching for the beginning of the garbage data, then you have some other problems.  This can be a total pain.  I didn't realize what I needed to do without a lot of help from the mods here, and I had extra drives to double check my work along the way to help me understand better.

Make sure you include the factory write offset.  Also, you should check out the other threads on a post format.  I don't want to pimp mine or anything, but just to give you an idea:

Mine for Sega Saturn games:

http://forum.redump.org/viewtopic.php?id=2112

Someone else's for PS1 games:

http://forum.redump.org/viewtopic.php?id=2103

Use the BBCode [ code] (no spaces) and then [ /code] to put your stuff into neat little scrollboxes.

Like this:

I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
I love pancakes
You're still scrolling down this?  You must be bored ...

If you need me to post a sector view of a half line (like 124.5) let me know.  It's just a bunch of data and then the other part of the line is 00 the rest of the way.  You need to subtract this from the offset before dividing to find the sample size depending on what Hex value you decide to use.  If you have 8 sets of 00's and convert the Hex value of the line with the fraction, then add 8 to your offset.  If you are starting on the previous lines Hex value, then you should subtract 8 from your offset.  If you don't understand what I'm saying, then post again.  I will try my best to be more clear.

4 (edited by generalleoff 2007-11-25 07:55:17)

I am pretty sure I get it. I'm going to proceed with ripping Lunar now and then I am going to re rip FFT from scratch. Still not sure how I can proceed with a 0 gap so I'm setting SOTN aside for the time being. Get some easier stuff out of the way first. I should also try and find a game that has already been dumped that I own and see if I can reproduce it. Preferably one with multiple audio tracks.

Have you looked at my original FFT logs? Is it normal to be getting massively large sector changes like I got? 3068 sectors seemed very excessive.

Thanks for explaining the fractions stuff.

[edit]

Alright if I DO understand the simple math correct '1.66 / 2 = 0.83 * 150 = 124.5' is 292824 bytes.

So I go off and do a RESIZE -r -292824 "Track 01.bin" and trim the file off.

I then run a psxt001z.exe --fix "Track 01.bin" and it claims the file is not Mode2/2352.

When I first put the disc in when I went to dump it now EAC reported the gap as 1.70 so I ejected and inserted the disc abut a dozen times and all other times it came back as 1.66. That random 1.70 kinda concerns me. The guide says 1.76 is common but not for PSX games. I feel the gap is just completely inaccurate. I went over the guide 3 times and setup EAC as described so it is configured correct. I guess my drive is just not suited for ripping PSX games and I do not have another to check against. Is a drive with a high or low offset better?

Going to keep screwing with it...

[edit2]

re red the EAC guide a 4th time paying closer attention to the gap detection options. Method B seams to make all the difference in the world. Kinda feel like an ass now smile Well it's progress at east.