Hello everyone!
I was wondering if someone of you know how far is the release of the mighty perfectrip. The website is down and the program has been in "release imminent" status for a long time now. I'd like to know if there is a way to have a copy of the beta program (only if I can get reliable dump with this preliminary version) along with a quick simplified guide on how to dump games with audio tracks with perfectrip. I have many PS1, Saturn games with audio tracks but the dumping process is very long, difficult and time consuming as of now.
Thanks in advance for any reply!

I think it's okay for dumpers to obtain a beta copy of the program. Get in touch with us on IRC or mail.

There have been some internal conflicts between the developers of the program. Right now the program is in process of being ported to another language, so I fear it's still gonna take some months until it's ready for public release.

Thanks Vigi, you have a new Email from me smile

I started to dump my first game with audio tracks with Perfectrip, I think I followed every step of the guide but when I try to dump the game (I click on the "image/rip" button) the following error appear: "11:11:11 is not a valid time" (the dumping process doesn't even start!)
What does this mean? The error is the same for both CDs and the game I'm trying to dump is Resident Evil 2 (Italian).

Here are some quick notes about Claire Disc (2 of 2):
I got 12,5 rows of data -> 12,5 X 16 bytes = 200 bytes
200/4 = 50 samples

My disc drive is a Plextor PX-800A, so the drive offset is +48 (taken from Accuraterip list) - 30 = +18

+50 = +18 + Disc Offset   ==> Disc Offset = 50-18 = +32 which is a common value.

Then I follow every step of the perfectrip guide, entering in the "main channel offset correction", "read" -50

Where is my mistake? The error is quite strange and the log file is completely empty!
Thanks in advance for any tip!

I've sent you another e-mail containing the link to a more recent version. It appears that this bug was fixed in a newer version.

Thanks! I'll try tomorrow if I have enough spare time.
Thank you very much for your support!

7 (edited by xenogears 2007-11-02 10:05:20)

Dear Vigi,
this program is driving me crazy!! If I set the subchannel reading mode to 100b (the one supposed to work only on Plextor drives) the dumping process stops in the middle and Perfectrip throws a bunch or errors. If I set to 001b the dumping process doesn't even start and my DVD drive turns off (!!!), then I have to turn off my computer and restart.
I made A LOT of experiments in these days and it happens constantly with every disc. I suppose my drive really sucks sad
I thinks I'll start dumping with Isobuster + EAC, I really want to contribute and I have so many discs still to dump!

On a related note, I tried to calculate the offset of 10 discs or so and in many case I could not determine the offset, I just need another drive with bigger reading capability?
Anyone knows where I can get a more "powerful" drive? I'd like to purchase another Plextor that can actually perform correctly the 100b subchannels reading mode (is the 760A ok?) and another drive with large reading offset. I searched online but I can't find a place where I can buy the Sony CRX-120e/ Sony CRX-100e. Any help with the Sony drive? I really need them in order to dump Sega CD games and even Saturn, PC Engine games.

Thanks in advance for any reply!

The 760A will do fine.. If it hangs in the middle then either the disc is damaged or your rebadged drive is not able to read the track02 pregap.

Try looking on ebay for a sony 100E or 120E, that's where most of the dumpers got theirs. There are also some other drives, like some of the Samsung SD-616 models (see http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm), but you'd have to be sure that the one that's on sale is the exact same model.

EAC + IsoBuster is perfectly doable (check our updated dumping guide if you haven't done so already), but you'll still need a large offset drive for certain discs.

9 (edited by themabus 2007-11-03 09:22:43)

xenogears wrote:

I really need them in order to dump Sega CD games and even Saturn, PC Engine games.

most sega games from db have huge offset but it's positive. large offset drive +pregap overread is for negative offset games. for positive on contrary it's better to have lead out overread (it's somewhat rare but most plextors do that). but maybe it's region specific like most negative offset psx games seems to come from Europe region. majority dumped sega discs are Japanese.

themabus wrote:
xenogears wrote:

I really need them in order to dump Sega CD games and even Saturn, PC Engine games.

most sega games from db have huge offset but it's positive. large offset drive +pregap overread is for negative offset games. for positive on contrary it's better to have lead out overread (it's somewhat rare but most plextors do that). but maybe it's region specific like most negative offset psx games seems to come from Europe region. majority dumped sega discs are Japanese.

I still have to work on the Sega games, my previous experiments were PSX only.
Say, themabus, which drives can you advise for each type of disc? I will trade my PX-800A for 760A for the 100b subchannel reading but still the reading offset is not enough (I think, Accuraterip lists +30)
If I can find them cheap enough I could buy 2 more drives.
Advices needed before I spend my money!

My LG CD-Rom drive is a few years old, with an AccurateRip offset of +6 (-24), and my dumps perfectly matched those of Themabus:

Would a drive with bigger offset "dump better"? Sounds strange to me.

no, i'm not oposing what Vigi said. if he says Sony 100E or 120E are good, they must be smile just that i thought the same. i thought i won't be able to read much audio cds with +6 offset drive because only cd that were in db and that i had was -617 and i could not read it. and i got myself Asus CD-S500/A (+1858). very cheap from ebay. and with that i could dump that European demo disc with -617 offset. but after that all cds i read were +32 or even larger positive offset. and thing is with positive offset that last audio track gets bytes pushed out to lead out. and judging from gigadeath's, p_star's and batleth92 Sega dumps that's far more often than negative offset. so just don't worry, it's lucky you have a Plextor smile , don't throw it away just yet. but maybe since i guess you have European region cds, maybe they do have negative offset. to recommend anything - i don't have that experience. there was thread like this, where admins commented:
http://forum.redump.org/viewtopic.php?id=641

i can only add to that brief summary about my drives:

Asus CD-S500/A (+1858 ;-30=1828)
+read negative offset audio
+very fast audio extract
-doesn't overread in leadout
-is rom not rw and can't read subchannel
-screws up data tracks so good for audio only

Plextor CD-R PREMIUM (+30 ;-30=0)
+overread lead-out
+somewhat fast audio extract
+read subchannel
-can't see far in pregap

Lite-On DVDRW LH-18A1H HL07 (+6; -30=-24)
+read subchannel
-can't see far in pregap at all
-can't see in lead-out
~most slow read but most precise

By the way, all that who copies the Japanese disks for SS and MCD I urgently would recommend to check correctness of last audio  track as at offset equal 1000 + the probability of loss data in last sectors of last audiotrack is great.
For an example. From 20 disks for SS which I have copied, only at pair last audiotrack on a drive with offset +6 (EAC) was correctly copied.
I should use other drive with offest equal -1164 to extinguish huge positive offset the Japanese disks.
Forgive my English smile

p_star wrote:

By the way, all that who copies the Japanese disks for SS and MCD I urgently would recommend to check correctness of last audio  track as at offset equal 1000 + the probability of loss data in last sectors of last audiotrack is great.
For an example. From 20 disks for SS which I have copied, only at pair last audiotrack on a drive with offset +6 (EAC) was correctly copied.
I should use other drive with offest equal -1164 to extinguish huge positive offset the Japanese disks.
Forgive my English smile

Forgive me, but I still haven't understood if a drive with +6/-24 offset can dump correctly or not. I got the same CRCs as Themabus with a drive like that.

mmmm now neither do i smile i can't see last few sectors on LH-18A1H, it's true since it does not overread but on PREMIUM ther's data until last half of sector in Gambler Jiko Chuushinha 2 (+1823). and we match crc on different drives, so it should be right, shouldn't it? p_star, could you please explain more on this? did you mean if drive does not overread?

How can I see if the drive does the overread or not? I have that option always checked in EAC (as you can see in the EAC logs I posted).

in EAC, under Drive Options menu click 'Detect read sample offset correction'. and also when you read last autdio track with somewhat large positive offset, EAC will give error at the very end if drive does not overread in lead-out area.

Never had errors on last track...

themabus, gigadeath you lucky smile

themabus wrote:

p_star, could you please explain more on this? did you mean if drive does not overread?

Yes, it I also wished to tell:)
Though I am not assured completely. At me never was a drive with overread.

oh, ok! smile

themabus wrote:

in EAC, under Drive Options menu click 'Detect read sample offset correction'. and also when you read last autdio track with somewhat large positive offset, EAC will give error at the very end if drive does not overread in lead-out area.

I've had the error you mentioned only on my drive that has a large read offset (-677 EAC) but on all other drives that don't overread it doesn't give me any error.

22 (edited by themabus 2007-11-08 10:07:15)

mmm... i guess then ther's more to that. i've checked what's missing at the end on both drives that don't overread into lo and:

SAMPLES CUT
 -----------------------
|dirve|  disc offset    |
|off  |+0032|+0970|+1803|
|set  +-----+-----+-----|
|-0024|08240|10942|10011|
|+1828|08328|11030|10099|
|-----+-----+-----+-----|
|diff.|00088|00088|00088|
 -----------------------

the difference of missing samples is 88, not that amount of drive offset diff. or 0. so i guess how far they go into lead out is also somewhat drive dependant. maybe your drive can see +32 cd perfectly but can not large offset? or maybe it can see even large offset, but in that case why EAC would not report it as overread capable? strange. but what's really strange: ~2k cd miss less samples than 1k!? *edit* ah, i guess it's maybe  a postgap, could be it differs in size on that middle cd.

so who has this copy of perfectrip i wouldnt mind trying it smile

PSX'D OFF!!