I came across some of your dumps at one of my sites, and I was thoroughly excited that I could finally get some accurately ripped dumps for the discs I have that are scratched to hell.  Thanks for doing this.

Anyway, I wanted to make extraction easier with a little more control than Pakkiso gives me, so I made myself a frontend with .NET 4.  I liked it so much, I decided to make it public.

http://thejbnet.com/progs/re/

I appreciate the work you're doing, and thought I'd just share a little.  I hope I'm not stepping on your toes.

feedback welcome. smile

thank you very much. that's exactly what i've been looking for. is it possible to release a binary-zip, so i just need to extract the archive and can use your app? i don't like installations very much.

No problem, I just believe it won't update automatically.  It will still save a config file in your appdata tree.

Recommendation for next version: release it open source under the GNU GPL  big_smile

Plextor PX-708A | sarami's DiscImageCreator | CloneCD | CDManipulator | Protection ID v6.8.5 | edccchk v1.26
PVD_Dumper.py

hiker13526 wrote:

Recommendation for next version: release it open source under the GNU GPL  big_smile

Maybe, but really?  It took like an hour to make, it's not complicated.  I didn't think anybody would really care for the source.  It's written in C# btw.

This is so awesome thanks. One question though, does it need pakkiso installed or it works without it? because i was thinking uninstalling pakksio so that i dont have the menus when I right click a folder smile

sharing the code will allow other people to tweak it if need be

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

This is so awesome thanks. One question though, does it need pakkiso installed or it works without it? because i was thinking uninstalling pakksio so that i dont have the menus when I right click a folder  smile

No, you don't need pakkiso installed, you just need the 4 executables listed on my download page.  All pakkiso does is create command files that call those same executables.

how do i use this tool? i always get "Can't find base directory!"- message. don't know what i did wrong, i set the paths for all the neccesary exe's.