1 (edited by velocity37 2010-01-09 14:26:22)

Hello all.

I've ran into this on a couple of discs and I seek advice. At the end of the track's read, one of the rows of EAC's error correction will start to light up. The resulting track has a quality >= 99.7%.

One disk I ran into this I know is a good dump, as the track matches one in the db (Battle Arena Toshinden Remix, Saturn, Track 10).

I have two Playstation games at the moment that do this as well. Agile Warrior F-IIIX and Revolution X. Agile Warrior does this on Track 9, and Revolution X does it on 5, 7, and 11. With these two discs, I have no db entries to compare my dump to.

How should I proceed? I have a PX-760A coming in the mail, so I can try some plextor-specific tools. (Need it to dump the last track on that pesky +588 saturn game cool )

Verified Revolution X
-----------------------------------
Edit: Matched a web dump to my Revolution X Track 5 with some sample shifting, so this is truly the way the disc is. I did not expect this at all. When originally checking my dumps, since the tracks were signed RIFF WAVE, I determined the file length based on the header and extracted a proper WAV. The result was a file that had blank samples at the end, which didn't happen with the 100% tracks. The disc must have just been made badly :S

I expect I'll find the same with tracks 7 and 11, but I'll check.

Yep, all three tracks match after sample shifting.

I'll have to see if I can find something to match up to Agile Warrior. What are some general rules of thumb on this though?

Verified Agile Warrior
Web version only had one data track, but I was able to match the start and end of the track. The file didn't match exactly, as the web version had its data stored in a data track vs an audio track, but I was able to align the ends of each, verifying that my end sectors are good.

Track quality < 100% just means that EAC had to do some error correction on one or more sectors. As long as it doesn't report read errors it's fine, don't worry about it.

Ah, okay then. It had me worried with Revolution X that the "corrected sectors" were null.