I just recently found and bought a copy of Tail Concerto so I figured I would dump it so it could be added to the redump database...

Now the problem is it has 1 data track and only one audio track (Which appears to be just padding btw) which has no pregap... (Image in EAC of no pregap) So im confused because the CD dumping guide assumes that the audio track would have a pregap...
Do I still take any thing off the data tracks' end or do I just run it through psxtoolz? And how would I go about ripping the audio track seeing as it has no pregap I have no clue how many sectors to go back to check for the read offset?!?!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

hi. wellcome to redump. eac has a bug with 2 track discs. you have to add pregap manually.
try to go back 150 sectors.

to add pregap manually you have to:
psxt001z.exe --gen pregap.bin 352800 (if pregap is 2sec)
copy /b pregap.bin+Track02.bin NewTrack02.bin

3 (edited by SoulReever 2009-04-22 20:15:56)

ack, nrl_quaker beat me to it. tongue

There is a pregap and Isobuster should find it if you go back -150 sectors from the start of track 2. If you still get all 0000's, try another drive since not all drives can correctly read raw audio (my >1 year-old Lite-ON couldn't).

Idle Dumper
Drives: LG GSA-H55N (+102 & Overread), BTC USB CDRW (+6)

nrl_quaker wrote:

hi. wellcome to redump. eac has a bug with 2 track discs. you have to add pregap manually.
try to go back 150 sectors.

to add pregap manually you have to:
psxt001z.exe --gen pregap.bin 352800 (if pregap is 2sec)
copy /b pregap.bin+Track02.bin NewTrack02.bin

Okay I will try that, Thanks I didn't know EAC had a problem with 2 track discs...

SoulReever wrote:

ack, nrl_quaker beat me to it. tongue

There is a pregap and Isobuster should find it if you go back -150 sectors from the start of track 2. If you still get all 0000's, try another drive since not all drives can correctly read raw audio (my >1 year-old Lite-ON couldn't).

Also thanks, Will try on my laptops drive once I get a os reinstalled because I was getting all zeros like you said 150 back. Thanks for the help, Much appreciated smile

History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

What does the accurterip list show your drive offset as? It could just be the offset is too low.

Idle Dumper
Drives: LG GSA-H55N (+102 & Overread), BTC USB CDRW (+6)

SoulReever wrote:

What does the accurterip list show your drive offset as? It could just be the offset is too low.

on my desktop machine its +6
on my laptop im pretty sure its +667
so yeah it should work on my laptop

7 (edited by battosai121 2009-04-23 00:35:17)

hrm when I try to go back 149 + 1  I get this message

Device reported Error code : 05/64/00

Just did a surface scan in isobuster, that one sector is comming up as unreadable in my laptop... im about to give up on this bloody game X(

Here is a tip, the game might have a larger pre-gap then 2 seconds dump track 01 with isobuster then use cd-mage to check for errors.

read my post here...

http://forum.redump.org/topic/2564/poss … ames-help/

how many errors at the end of track 01 gives in cd-mage might possibly be the real pre-gap if it's not 2 seconds.

Three years and still going strong.

pepsidrinker wrote:

Here is a tip, the game might have a larger pre-gap then 2 seconds dump track 01 with isobuster then use cd-mage to check for errors.

read my post here...

http://forum.redump.org/topic/2564/poss … ames-help/

how many errors at the end of track 01 gives in cd-mage might possibly be the real pre-gap if it's not 2 seconds.

Thanks for your suggestion but it would appear that it is truly a 2 second pregap... I might give up on this disc for awhile and come back to it later...