1 (edited by olavnordmann 2011-11-21 21:09:51)

I have recently attempted to dump a CD using the existing guides, but somehow I either found the wrong guide or the guide is outdated as some settings didn't match the curent guidelines.

Does anyone have spesific instructions about how to set the settings and how to properly dump an audio CD using EAC? I know my drive's read offset correction value if that may be of use.

Just set up EAC like it's described in the dumping guide. Since the offset of audio discs can't be determined use your drive offset (+667). Press F4 to detect gaps then extract the tracks, then create the cue sheet (Action->create cue sheet->current gap settengs).
Please be sure your drive can overread (doing the tests in EAC or try to go beyond the last sector of the disc in the isobuster sector view function).

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

HL drives with Renesas (Offset correction of +667 samples/2668 bytes) can not overread into lead-out, only into lead-in. That is worthless (At first) for a drive with a positive offset correction. So your drive potentially can miss that amount of samples at the end.

However (Relatively speaking), few discs which I have ever seen have non-null samples at the very end of disc. In my collection, the only disc which requires a drive with overread into lead-out (Or a drive with negative offset correction, such as a Toshiba SD-M1702) in order to read properly the last track is Alien Trilogy for PC.

In a few of ( Very rare) cases, you could verify the lead-in (Actually pregap of track 1) and lead-out sections (If you drive can), and tweak the offset correction value to read properly the whole disc.

I have this particular CDDA to clarify my statement:

-In many CDDAs, there are a large margin of zeroed sectors before music starts. This CDDA is different, music starts at LBA -1 (According to my HL with Renesas drive and Isobuster´s sector view, which doesn´t performs offset correction), before of LBA 0. Using the standard value of offset correction drive misses the music start (586 samples at LBA -1, 588 samples at LBA 0 and 79 samples at LBA 1), so I have to use a non-standard value of -586 (Negative) samples in this particular CDDA: -588 samples of a full sector + 2 first null samples at LBA -1:

A positive offset correction value delays the start of disc the specified amount of samples (588 samples=Full sector)
A negative offset correction moves forward the start of disc.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3742/lba2.th.png
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/901/lba1.th.png

On semi-vacation. MSF/AMSF to LBA/offset and viceversa calculator: link
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot
Spaces must be the fullwidth variant: link / screenshot