I have some Questions to EAC/IsoBuster and i hope you can help me out.

I am trying to make a Image of Tales of Destiny with the Guide here.

1. The Image have 2 Track. Track 1 have 2 seconds Gap, but Track 2 have 0 seconds Gap. Does that mean there is no pregap length?

2. Since the Track 2 pregap was 0 seconds i dont have to go back 150 Sector, but there is no scrambled binary data. If i go back 150 sectors i find it, but is this what i am searching for?

3. If there are more the 2 Tracks do i have to use the guide for every Tracks after Track 2 or only for Track 2?

4. If i dump with EAC and then mit IsoBuster i end up with 3 files: BIN, CUE and ISO. Are all 3 files needed to play?

1. EAC has a bug with 2-Track images. It won't detect the pregap, even if it is there.

2. Going back 150 sectors in Isobuster is the correct way to determine the combined offset you have to use in EAC. If you see garbage, follow the guide. If you do not see garbage, it means the combined offset is negative and you cannot find out the offset for the disc on this drive.

3. You only have to do it for the first audio track, as the combined offset is the same for all audio tracks.

4. If you only want to play the game, you can do complete CD-extraction with Isobuster. The audio track will have a small offset, but that does not matter for playing.

1. Then how will i know the pregag if not with EAC?

2.  i made BIN with EAC, but i got this:

Track  2

Filename X:\Track02.bin

Suspicious position 0:04:00

Peak level 0.0 %
     Extraction speed 2.7 X
     Track quality 99.7 %
     Test CRC FD2DF1A5
     Copy CRC FD2DF1A5
     Copy finished

There were errors

3.+4. ah, ok. thanks.

Paco wrote:

1. Then how will i know the pregag if not with EAC?

If you own a Plextor drive you can dump the disc with Perfect Rip without minding with the gaps.
Going back 150 sectors in IsoBuster usually works with PSX disc since the gap is 2 seconds in 99% of cases but in MegaCD, Saturn and other systems you can dump the disc with Clone CD to check the size of the gap in the CUE file Clone CD generated and you can submit the resulting .sub file for analysis.

Paco wrote:

2.  i made BIN with EAC, but i got this:

Track  2

Filename X:\Track02.bin

Suspicious position 0:04:00

Peak level 0.0 %
     Extraction speed 2.7 X
     Track quality 99.7 %
     Test CRC FD2DF1A5
     Copy CRC FD2DF1A5
     Copy finished

There were errors

The disc is scractched or your drive doesn't support overread into the leadout...

Anyway don't forget to append the gap at the begging of the audio track (only in discs with 1 audio track that were dumped with EAC)

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

1. no, i dont own a plextor.

2.  You mean "Append Gaps To Next Track"? yeah i have followed the Guide for setting up EAC...

Paco wrote:

2.  You mean "Append Gaps To Next Track"? yeah i have followed the Guide for setting up EAC...

I mean, in this case, you need to add 2 seconds (352800 bytes) of silence (00's) at the beginning of the audio track EAC extracted because EAC always detects a 0 sec gap instead of the real one in discs with 1 data track+1 audio track.

In post 9 of this topic you can see how to do that.

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"