Know I know why we dump. I know why we redump. And yes, I know there is no actual data hosted here, for obvious reasons. However, how can the preservation of data be true if we don't actually have data to collect besides foot notes. I don't want to get into anything illegal here so feel free to edit or delete this, but wouldn't getting our hands of some actual data actually be conserving?

Sorry for any inconvenience this might stir up, I'm just really curious.

Thanks!

We aren't supporting the sharing of any illegal stuff here, and you can probably imagine the question "why?" yourself tongue

I think you discussed that already in irc, why then ask it again here now? mankind! smile

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

It would be nice to have the actual data in actual files in a legal way. But I doubt that will happen soon wink

You should look at redump in another way:
It is a database of hashes so that everyone can check the images he made from his own discs. big_smile

4 (edited by Nigma 2011-03-20 15:45:54)

iR0b0t wrote:

We aren't supporting the sharing of any illegal stuff here, and you can probably imagine the question "why?" yourself tongue

I think you discussed that already in irc, why then ask it again here now? mankind! smile

For one I know many users don't actually go on the IRC, so having the question sit here for all to view makes it likely to get more feedback.  big_smile

I don't support any illegal acts either, nor am I trying to promote them. I was just wondering. I'm one of those "get down to the facts" guy.

Don't mind me.  tongue