My cousin is a big fan of World of Warcraft, and has quite a lot of the discs, his computer has just got infected, so I'm going to format it for him. But he moans it takes to long to install WoW. So I suggested I make backups of his discs so he can install them from the images using Daemon Tools.

I'm going to dump them then add the dumps here, but I don't know if they are protected, or what the exact method is, Im presuming isobuster, and Im presuming they are dvds without protection.

Anyone's help or knowhow, would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

He who controls the SPICE... controls the UNIVERSE!
The SPICE must flow.

I'm 90% sure it doesn't have any copy protection. You can't play the game without a subscription anyway, so why would they waste money on protecting the disc? But you should always check with BurnOut or PiD to be 100% sure.

In any case you can dump it like any other DVD with IsoBuster, no additional steps required.

Im glad its going to be relatively easy to do. I didn't know you couldn't play without subscription, but I do know my cousin plays online.

One final question, and this is a really dumb one, is it still worth me adding the dumps, even though you will need subscription; yes?

The SPICE must flow.

Yes, please add them smile We don't really care what people do with the images; as long as it's game-related we add it. You could probably play it illegally on a private server with the image, or buy a subscription without having to buy the actual game discs and so on... It doesn't matter smile

5 (edited by tossEAC 2010-12-06 21:33:15)

The first disc I scanned with burnout, and it said it coul be CD/DVD Check.

What now!

The SPICE must flow.

CD/DVD Check is a simple protection which checks only if the disc is inserted in the drive, so you can dump it the regular way

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

Ok thanks, ps: does that mean I cant install it to my cousins computer using the images and daemon.

The SPICE must flow.