1 (edited by jamjam 2010-11-02 14:00:45)

Would it be safe to rip audio with no pregaps, then detect the pregaps with a different drive and prepend the pregap?

I ask because I finally have a drive with a big enough offset to rip -647 write offset discs, but it seems to be having trouble detecting pregaps on some discs with all 3 methods.

For example. Trying to verify Actua Soccer 3, but the detected pregap for track 2 is either 0, or some non 2.00 value. Track 2 definitely has a 2.00 pregap, because I've searched there for scrambled data and came up with a -647 write offset (and indeed matched the db by prepending a 2.00 pregap). With a different drive, the proper pregap is detected.

Note: This is for psx discs, so no data in the pregap as far as I am aware if that makes a difference.

PS3Dec (decrypt ps3 images), PS3DumpCheck (check integrity), GetKey (dump PS3 metadata), DatSplit (split redump dats), GPack (compress related images together)

It's an EAC bug. EAC can't detect pregaps on an audio track IF the disc has only 2 tracks. Just dump the audio track without detecting the pregap and THEN append the pregap manually.

Thanks.

PS3Dec (decrypt ps3 images), PS3DumpCheck (check integrity), GetKey (dump PS3 metadata), DatSplit (split redump dats), GPack (compress related images together)

jamjam wrote:

Would it be safe to rip audio with no pregaps, then detect the pregaps with a different drive and prepend the pregap?

If the combined offset is positive, better dump it with clonecd and cut the pregap from there instead of generating it.

How would I do that? Would  I have to dump the whole disc with clonecd, then a track by eac with no pregaps, to find the eac dump in the clonecd dump?

Dump the whole disc, then cut the proper bytes range. You need to skip the (1st_track_size_in_bytes + combined_offset_size_in_bytes) and cut the pregap_size_in_bytes (for 00:02:00 it's 352800 bytes).

Thank you for the information. Will come in handy.

you can also dump it with isobuster using the from-to way. If you know how the guide works and follow the instructions for dumping the data track, you already know where the pre-gap starts. Then you just dump from there to the the LBA of Track02+1 sector.

You then need edit the pregap a bit in a hex editor, you need to cut the crap bytes off the start (the ones you used to detect offset) note how many bytes it is. Then in a calculator you do 2352-bytes, the result is how many bytes to cut off the end of the pre-gap.

It's easy to figure out than the clonecd way.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

That sounds sensible, thanks.

Hopefully one day soon, I won't require hand-holding  big_smile