1 (edited by jamjam 2010-10-24 11:22:16)

I've dumped stuff before but not releases with audio tracks. Anyway, I have dumped a psx game with audio tracks following the guide, with no problems except the last track says there was a sync error. I've re-ripped it multiple times, with the same sync error warning and the same hash each time.

Should I add everything to the database, or just the files with no sync error, or not at all?

PS3Dec (decrypt ps3 images), PS3DumpCheck (check integrity), GetKey (dump PS3 metadata), DatSplit (split redump dats), GPack (compress related images together)

The error means that your drive cannot over-read into lead-out and read the end of the audio track.
Your only option as of now, without buying a new drive, is trying the hotswap method.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried a different drive but it has the same problem, how common are drives that can't over-read into lead out, and am I right in thinking that it doesn't affect my ability to copy single track releases?

PS3Dec (decrypt ps3 images), PS3DumpCheck (check integrity), GetKey (dump PS3 metadata), DatSplit (split redump dats), GPack (compress related images together)

Yes, it doesn't affect an ability to copy data tracks.
As for how common they are, I have never had such a drive, I don't know where other people get them smile

5 (edited by jamjam 2010-10-24 00:44:04)

Thanks. Just my luck to get annoying drives. I think I have another somewhere, will try that too. Anything for an easy life.

edit: Third time's the charm. An oldish pioneer worked when a newish freecom and new samsung didn't.

Hello again, I have more issues as I dump different discs. The drive I am using has a read offset of +48.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7607/fapremleaguefootmanage2.png
One release I am trying to copy has a track 2 pregap of 0. So I open track 2 in sector view and it is as shown above, with zeros in the sector until the text you can see. What should I do here?

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4655/checkmate.png
Another release. Sector 6004 has zeros where there should be scrambled data. This corresponds to note 1 of the guide, which says to use a drive with bigger offset. Is this the only solution? I'm quickly running out of drives  tongue

Reload the images in a different window to get them fullsize.