1 (edited by RiMMER 2010-05-13 02:46:02)

Hello to everyone,

today I was thinking I could try and make some short (1 minute long) video/clip about how important it is to preserve discs. I would use my HD camera to shoot some suitable (abstract) scenes and put some good text in-between them.

I have some experience in directing stuff, so I think it would look great.

If nobody has anything against this idea, could you people link me some places where I could gather resources? Facts, statistics, something I could read and sum up so that people have good idea what's going on and why it's important.

In the end of the clip, I'd state that redump is not about illegal actions and sharing actual data is not allowed, not encouraged.

Please, have faith in me and help me with this idea smile If it goes well, I think a lot more people would join us and help!

I'm looking forward to all the replies!

Maybe we must create promo video and upload it to YouTube? I think your idea it is great.

このソフトは かいはつちゅうです

Personal I think the thing that made me wait so long to dump my games was the complexity of the dumping process. It's not so bad now that I've tried it a couple of times but if the main point of the video is get get people to join redump.org and start dumping their games, I think it might be a better idea to create several video tutorials for people to view, for instance

- Dumping 1 track PS1/2 disc using IsoBuster
- Dumping  2 track PS1 game using IsoBuster & EAC
- Dumping  2 track PS1 game using Perfect Rip
- Dumping Multi track PS1 game using IsoBuster & EAC
- Dumping Multi track PS1 game using Perfect Rip

Also include videos of common errors found when dumping games

- Combined negative offset
- Isobuster Errors
- EAC Pregap issues

Lastly include a video on how to repair a damaged disc using Brasso / Plexus
- I haven't tried it yet but others have and they have reported positive results

If we house all these videos in one thread and sticky it, I think it would help people that are unfamiliar with the process attempt to dump a game or two....

4 (edited by flyhunterz 2010-05-14 00:56:24)

Specialt1212 wrote:

Personal I think the thing that made me wait so long to dump my games was the complexity of the dumping process. It's not so bad now that I've tried it a couple of times but if the main point of the video is get get people to join redump.org and start dumping their games, I think it might be a better idea to create several video tutorials for people to view, for instance

- Dumping 1 track PS1/2 disc using IsoBuster
- Dumping  2 track PS1 game using IsoBuster & EAC
- Dumping  2 track PS1 game using Perfect Rip
- Dumping Multi track PS1 game using IsoBuster & EAC
- Dumping Multi track PS1 game using Perfect Rip

Also include videos of common errors found when dumping games

- Combined negative offset
- Isobuster Errors
- EAC Pregap issues

Lastly include a video on how to repair a damaged disc using Brasso / Plexus
- I haven't tried it yet but others have and they have reported positive results

If we house all these videos in one thread and sticky it, I think it would help people that are unfamiliar with the process attempt to dump a game or two....

Exactly my thoughts.

It's best to have a total overview of all possibilities beforehand, if you have a problem during the dumping process you can always refer to a specific guide/faq and be comfortable with it.

The main problem I found at first were the offset thingy and pregaps fixing.
If people have a reference entry for every potential problem, they'll definitely be more motivated to contribute to the project, instead of just giving up.

Drive: Plextor PX-716SA (+30)