1 (edited by puppydee 2010-04-20 23:59:09)

A quick question. When reading discs with isobuster will a disc fail on the exact same sector each time for example -
My disc failed on sector 1634992 then after some gentle polishing it failed on sector 1635536 then on sector 1635920 then 1636160 then 1636336 then 1636960 so would all these be at the same point of the disc or is it exact every time? am I winning the battle all be it a sector at a time? coz if I am I'll carry on fighting the scratches until I prevail, lol. I hate losing so I've been trying to rescue this disc all night so I just want to know if I'm winning or is it failing at the same point of the disc  smile

Oh and any idea where about on the disc these sectors are? I'm thinking they're right on the outside at a guess, does anyone know?

Playstation2 Collector Extraordinaire  A.k.A deathsquad...
Applying for super noob status! :)

Yay, managed to win the battle. It's taken me 4 hours to get my disc working with brasso, it was pretty scratched and now there are no scratches. It was pretty hard work and I soooooo nearly just binned it, coz I can just take it back to the shop and swap it for something else but atleast it's been a challenge smile

Playstation2 Collector Extraordinaire  A.k.A deathsquad...
Applying for super noob status! :)

I wonder if Brasso will work as a replacement solution for the aluminum oxide paste that comes with the Memorex OptiFix. It's just a little machine with motorized scrubbers that spin in a radial motion. Theoretically, that could turn all the hard work into pressing a button.

velocity37 wrote:

I wonder if Brasso will work as a replacement solution for the aluminum oxide paste that comes with the Memorex OptiFix. It's just a little machine with motorized scrubbers that spin in a radial motion. Theoretically, that could turn all the hard work into pressing a button.

This is the same machine tool I talked about here, so US reseller is Memorex (that one in your link is the old model, the one I have. Now the manufacturer produced a new model with new design and probably a bit more professional: the one named in my link).

EDIT: it seems exactly the same tool (even same box shape), but I cannot confirm at 100% (Italian - Euro? - one - old model - is this, use yahoo to translate if interested).
Beware to use it correctly: it's very good for repairing but I suggest not to use it to clean no-scratched cds.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

5 (edited by velocity37 2010-04-30 14:51:27)

Rocknroms wrote:

so US reseller is Memorex (that one in your link is the old model, the one I have. Now the manufacturer produced a new model with new design and probably a bit more professional

is this

It's pretty close to what you linked to, except two flat wheels are used for both process (no spring loaded dots). I have the older gray boxy one (2nd Amazon picture), but the black one looks thinner.

I'll pick up a bottle of Brasso when I get the opportunity, and try it out in the device.

Update: Tried it, but it's too liquidy. Makes a huge mess in the device, and the results are far from stellar. Lots of circular scratches.