Hi,
I dumped some ps2 games awhile back (reformatted since), and can't remember if I changed the date settings in isobuster according to the ps2 dumping guide:
"Download and install IsoBuster 2.1. Launch the program, select Options -> File system settings menu item, in Display time stamp options group select Local time stamp option."

I've checked one of my dumps against one in the DB, the checksums and size match. My question is, if I didn't set the date does it matter, and if it does, how do I find out if I have?

Thanks.

PS3Dec (decrypt ps3 images), PS3DumpCheck (check integrity), GetKey (dump PS3 metadata), DatSplit (split redump dats), GPack (compress related images together)

All you have to do is simple.

Just set isobuster up as it is supposed to be, so the dates appear correct.

Then put the dumped disc in your drive, and select that dump on redumps main page, check to see if the dates are different, if not don't do anything, if some are different you need to post what the differences you find are, in the fixes section.

Also sometimes when the date is set either way in isobuster, the date of the exe file remains the same.

Othertimes the exe date will be different, that basically means you may find some that the date seems to be correct, it just means that setting the date either way its the same, just don't automatically assume if you see one and the date is the same, that it means you had the date set right in the first place.

Also what do you mean by (reformatted since)?

He who controls the SPICE... controls the UNIVERSE!
The SPICE must flow.

By reformatted since, I mean I wiped the Os partition, which had the isobuster install, so I can't remember if I changed the settings.

I haven't submitted any of the dumps yet, I copied from the discs but didn't compile the data required until now. Am I right in thinking that the setting doesn't affect the dump itself, just the format of the dates of files in isobuster (to get the .exe date)? If that's the case there is no problem, just a noob being noobish big_smile

PS3Dec (decrypt ps3 images), PS3DumpCheck (check integrity), GetKey (dump PS3 metadata), DatSplit (split redump dats), GPack (compress related images together)

Yes, it doesn't affect the dump. It's for documentation only and sometimes to label the version of the dump (early date ->v1.0 and later date ->v1.1 and so on).
Just don't forget to set the date in IB to local time stamp.
BTW, this topic is in the wrong forum  smile

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

Thank you both for clearing that up. Sorry for the wrong forum, it can get deleted now  smile

Sorry, but you're saying that:

1. You don't have the discs or the images anymore
2. You checked the images and recorded the info in the past
3. But now you're not sure if you used the correct setting then?

If so, then any new dumps that aren't in the db can be prone to error..

1. I still have the discs and images, I dumped them previously
2. I checked the images and recorded the info recently
3. I'm not sure if I used the right setting previously for the date, but as I didn't record the exe date then it is irrelevant

Hope that clears things up, and I hope there is no problem as I have already submitted the 3 new dumps I have.

Ok, but what's the problem then? can't you just recheck the discs or the images with the correct settings?

There's no problem, I was just being an idiot.