I don't know how big of an issue data falsification is, but maybe some info should be hidden from view (such as the inner ring data).  That way if someone wants to redump they have to provide this information to prove they have the physical disk and are not just BSing.  Dunno why anyone would waste their own time, but just an idea.

You're words are right, but Redump is mainly a DB for preservation with disc infos. I had thought the same of yours in the past, but Redump is not the only DB around with ring codes, so nothing would change.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

There are cases where different pressings of the discs have completely different ring codes (e.g. Sanitarium PC), so you can never really be sure. Unless you require everyone to post photos of the games, of course, but that would be crazy. Not even the SPS guys go that far, and that's saying something.

The problem is when someone tries to make a backup of his game and not be able to see the ring code he won't know if he has the same pressing as the one submitted. What if it doesnt match and he thinks is bad?

r09 wrote:

Unless you require everyone to post photos of the games, of course, but that would be crazy. Not even the SPS guys go that far, and that's saying something.

Not crazy, but a different hosting is needed, because this one is very limited in bandwidth.