Hello fellas.

I am in the process of redumping a PSX game with audio tracks, and went succesfully trough all the previous steps:

• Fixing the pregap

• Setting up EAC the first time

• Determining pregap length

• Removing the pregap using Resize

• Checking and repairing the postgap

• Determining the (factory) write offset

• Changing the offset in EAC

But, on the last one:

• Ripping audio tracks with EAC

EAC shuts down once I select the Action -> Test & Copy selected tracks -> compressed option (or Shift+F6). It shows a Save as screen for 0.1 seconds and then shuts down. There is no trace of it in the Task administrator. I have tried both pb4 and pb5 versions, and tried some other options from the ones posted in the guide.

Incompatibility with Windows 7? with 64-bit OS? Has anyone come across this error too?

Plextor PX-760SA 1.07

2 (edited by velocity37 2010-01-20 00:55:45)

Update: Right-click properties the shortcut to EAC and click the compatibility tab. Check disable visual themes and you'll be good to go unless you have Adobe Drive installed. Read deletable_man's 2nd post.

Pardon the bump, but I thought I might post this in case it helps someone else in the future.

I have just had this happen to me too. It happened when I tried to change my save directory to (with "ask me every time" enabled) a drive other than C:. This doesn't happen when "browse folders" is expanded though, only when in the smaller-type dialog. It also doesn't happen on Windows XP.

EAC must not like the small save-as dialog in Vista/Win7 in conjuction with multiple drives?

In a case like yours where it crashes instantly (setting says the default dir is the last used folder), try setting a static path to a local drive for a single rip, then changing back so it forgets your path. After that, you should be able to rip to a directory on a local drive. I fear that if you use the expanded "browse folders" to save to a problematic folder, it'll remember that and insta-crash the next time. If your local drive doesn't have enough space, might be best to use a static path.

Hi. I am having the same issue as jfromeo it seems. I was able to rip the tracks after reading your directions, velocity37 and setting the directory to C:, however now it proceeds to instantly exit when I go to create a log file and I can't seem to find an option to change where that gets saved!

Also using 64bit Win7.

4 (edited by velocity37 2010-01-20 00:56:06)

Update: Right-click properties the shortcut to EAC and click the compatibility tab. Check disable visual themes and you'll be good to go unless you have Adobe Drive installed. Read deletable_man's 2nd post.

Open regedit and explore the following area:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AWSoftware\EAC

Backup your settings by exporting AWSoftware before doing any editing. Change any non C: locations to locations on C:.

I'm not sure whether this bug is specific to non-C: drives, non-system drives, or drives other than the one EAC is installed to. Try using different different drive letters if necessary.

If nothing seems to work, delete the entire AWSoftware entry (after backing it up, of course) to start EAC fresh and try to get it to rip and log with no crashes. After you've got it figured out, configure as per the guide once again. You might also want to backup your working settings from the registry, in case you accidentally make it insta-crash again.

Hope that helps. Be sure to report back your results.

5 (edited by Deletable_Man 2010-01-19 13:44:10)

Nice job, velocity37. I'm sure that helps some of us, but my case is different it seems. I did some further research that suggests that Adobe Drive CS4 which is automatically installed with Adobe Photoshop CS4 could be the culprit. Following directions I found on another forum, I was able to solve it:

Unregister the DLLs by running in cmd:
regsvr32 /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Drive CS4\ADFSMenu.dll
regsvr32 /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Drive CS4\AdobeDriveCS4_NP.dll

then do search for anything named Adobe Drive CS4 in regedit and delete them
then delete the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Drive CS4 folder.
some of the items will be in use, but you will be able to at least delete the ADFSMenu.dll if you have all explorer windows closed!

the other dlls left in the folder dont seem to matter because now EAC runs like it should!  big_smile
Oh and photoshop still seems to work smile

6 (edited by velocity37 2010-01-20 00:54:22)

Funny you should mention that. I only had the crash after I installed Photoshop CS4, but at the same time I only tried ripping to my D: drive after said installation. I did not, however, install Adobe Drive. Strange...