Well, I need to dump a few PSX games with Audio Tracks. I wonder if using ISOBuster will fit and dump all necessary data in order to:

1) play the game in emulator without any issues
2) reburn the ISO later and play it back on PS1 console

I know that to have a perfect dump I've to follow the method here using ISOBuster and EAC but I do not care for those dumps if the audio is slightly shifter in time of a few microseconds and if the audito track is at 99.9% exact (were majority of people won't notice the difference) :-P

I just need to be sure that all subchannels are dumped with that way ensuring a "near 1:1 copy".  I saw a few comment on other forums thta it works and I prefer asking the gurus here, where you know how this really works big_smile

Thanks for any reply/comment

- HRD

hi hardrider
IsoBuster does not save subchannels, so it's only raw sectors (2352 bytes of main channel data).
this is sufficient for USA / Japan CDs, but for European (occasionally being protected with LibCrypt)
you'd need something more, e.g.
.ccd + .img (2352 main channel = IsoBuster's .bin) + .sub  (96 bytes from subchannels) from CloneCD, ImgBurn or Alcohol
unless, of course, when you know, that this particular European release isn't protected

Thanks for the quick answer and also precise one.

So if I understand well (it's early the morning for me :-)) ONLY protected games cannot be copied with ISOBuster.  Rest would be 100% OK.

Then is there a complete or almost complete list of LibCrypt games floating around.  I've no problem to use CloneCD and I will minimize its use.  So really for protected games, where as far as I remember these is only a few.

Last and not least, any special config for CloneCD ?  Should I use Prtected Games option ? of Data Option ?

Thanks for your help

- HRD

yes, pretty much everything unprotect will be ok.
those 2352 bytes per sector, it's all user data space there is on CD-ROM

about list, i would not know, most complete i think was this one
but it definitely doesnt have all titles
instead, prior of making backups, you could use Dremora's psxt001z with --libcryptdrvfast parameter
to check your CDs, as described in guide, it does a great job and takes only few seconds
output summary for protected CDs would have LC1 or LC2 as multiple of 8

Original sectors: 32
LC1 sectors:      32
LC2 sectors:      0
Other sectors:    0

or it could be not quite, but close to that , 31 for example, on some rare occasions, like when CD got scratched

for CCD i think it was either Protected PC Game or Game CD,
that profile should have Read Subchannel enabled for both: Data and Audio in it

oh, i'm very sorry, i forgot IsoBuster doesn't actually detect gaps, so there could be problems with CDs having CDDA
but you could use ImgBurn instead: .img should be fine for LibCrypt protected CDs, .bin for the rest
or you could check Create cue-sheet in CloneCD and throw away .ccd & .sub for unprotected games

Thx for the clarification

Oups, last question:  PAL games with one track only does not have any subchannels and can be dumped with ISOBuster ?

All CDs have subchannel data. As long as there is no LibCrypt protection on the game then just dumping the data track like you would any other normal CD will work.