1 (edited by RetroGamer 2009-11-05 02:38:35)

I was trying to dump a pc game (Quake II: Ground Zero)  but EAC has having problems dumping the last audio track.
When the extraction of the track is at 22%, EAC starts doing error correction then sometimes it reports error (when the 4 rows of red lights lighten up) or EAC freezes and the disc keeps spinning in the drive.
Anyone knows how to solve this?
Ah... i forgot to mention that the disc is as new.

Thanks.

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

try to speed down the drive (nero drivespeed or ddump method)

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

I think that the speed in this drive can't be reduced manually.
I recall trying a lot of methods when i was trying to get all the libcrypt sectors in 1 psx game and i had no luck back then...

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

ok, then just use ddump, set it to 1x in settings, start the dumping, let it rip 1-2%, then abort dumping and the drive will stay in slow spinning after it. Then you can use EAC to dump the last track.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

I tested that and it doesn't work. It doesn't matter the speed i choose, the drive reads always at 1900kb/s ( i tried in the dos prompt and in the frontend).

Have you tried seeing if maybe there is a firmware update that might fix that issue for that drive?

I flashed the drive to the latest firmware (1.10) long time ago.

sometimes IsoBuster might work better
but you'd have to extract data on multiple drives to be sure
and align it manually

Maybe your drive doesn't support overreading into lead-out and the combined offset for this disc is positive? If so, it's normal - that's why overreading is a must for a good dump, you won't be able to dump this disc with this drive.

The offset of this disc is 0 (i'm dumping it with +48) and this drive supports overreading (but only for the lead-out) and the Isobuster solution didn't work (reports errors), but this is definitily a drive issue because in my other drive the track is extracted and EAC don't even had to make error correction but as a said in other post the binaries aren't created in that computer so i only can check the crc that EAC reports.
I think i will extract the track with isobuster in the other drive and then combine with the bit that was dumped in the first drive to see if i can get a matching crc.

Anyway, thanks to all of you  smile

And does EAC recognize the overread on this drive properly? Does it _really_ work? I have a TEAC's drive with both overreads, PerfectRip works fine, but EAC acts like there's no overread (many zero samples instead of the actual data at the end of the very last audio track, 2-3-4 rows of errors and a "seek error").

Every dump that i verified matched the DB so this must be working  smile
And it can't be that problem because the track is about 5 min long, and the errors starts occurring at 22% of extracting.