Hello there,

so how do I detect the factory offset on an IBM PC game, which has only 1 track (data) ?

Thanks!

D8 or swapping with audio cd. It's not critical, though, just if you don't like this field empty in you entry (drives fix the offset for data track automatically).

OK so I don't have to mind? Because I want to dump some rare resident evil pc versions and they all have only 1 track, data, and my both drives offsets are +6 according to accurate rip. The md5s match perfectly from both drives.

I don't know how to detect the disc offset, but if you say it's not critical and it's fixed automatically, then I guess I can miss it.

Offset is only for audio, I repeat, any drive fixes it automatically for data tracks. Theoretically, you can find the offset value, but the only thing you can do with it - is to add it into the entry, you can't use it in the dumping process.

Can you please, as the last thing, tell me, how isobuster decides whether it will use .iso or .bin extension?

I've been dumping a lot of ps2 games before, so I always used "extract user data", so .iso file.

But in the extract raw data, it says (.iso / .bin). I am 99% sure that it doesn't really matter and I can just rename the file extension to bin, it just have to be 2352 bytes/block, but I would really like to know why it says iso / bin ...

This should be explained in the guide.

I guess because both are common file extensions for the data they contain. The resulting file contains plain 2352 bytes for each sector, no file header, no trailer, nothing else. When talking about files with .iso extension it's more common for them to hold 2048 bytes for each sector, i.e. the user data only.

IsoBuster defaults to .iso for single tracks and .bin for images of the entire disc, but you can change the extensions if you want: Options -> Image Files -> ISO/BIN/TAO