This is a relatively simple question.  Is there a way to download old versions of Redump DAT files?  For instance, if you click on http://redump.org/datfile/psx/, you'll download the latest PSX DAT zip, but what are my options if I'd like to download a PSX DAT from back in March 2023?

You'd have to rely on third party sources basically, to get one from a specific date.  Those are generated basically on the fly, and redump doesn't store every single datpack revision internally. I do have one from February 2023 (attached), in case that helps.

Post's attachments

Sony - PlayStation - Datfile (10699) (2023-02-14 04-23-52).7z 2.38 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Various revisions can also be found on web.archive.org if that helps.  For March 2023, it has two versions:

Thank you.  The archive.org option will mostly work.  That's really surprising (and disappointing) that there isn't some sort of version control for tracking, backing up, and offering historic downloads of old datfiles.

If anyone has the following dat files from 2023, I'd appreciate a link:

Sony - PlayStation - Datfile (2023-02-25 16-17-40)
Sony - PlayStation 2 - Datfile (2023-02-26 03-11-01)
Sega - Mega CD & Sega CD - Datfile (2023-01-10 17-40-37)
Sega - Saturn - Datfile (2023-02-23 13-00-43)

Redump DATs are rolling release.. finding a specific DAT file is just luck. You can of course just edit the DAT file to exclude any entries with an added date after the date you are looking for.

Deterous wrote:

Redump DATs are rolling release.. finding a specific DAT file is just luck. You can of course just edit the DAT file to exclude any entries with an added date after the date you are looking for.

Really?  I don't see any fields in the DAT file for "date added" for any games listed.  Also, this method doesn't seem to track when entries are removed or updated, hence why I'd like to compare older releases vs. new ones.

If you're looking for specific information in those dats, it's better to just ask outright what you're looking for.

Digital Archivist / VTuber / Purple Cat
☆ ☆ ☆ PX-W4012TA ☆ PX-716A ☆ GGC-H20L ☆ BW-16D1HT ☆ ☆ ☆
Wii ☆ Wii U ☆ PSP 3K ☆ SOHD-167T ☆ Pioneer 209DBK ☆ TS-H352C

funkmata wrote:

Really?  I don't see any fields in the DAT file for "date added" for any games listed.  Also, this method doesn't seem to track when entries are removed or updated, hence why I'd like to compare older releases vs. new ones.

"Date added" field is in redump.org only. Yes, this makes it difficult to rebuild an old DAT, redump isn't flexible.
I still don't understand why you want a DAT from a specific date. If it's just information you want, you should be able to get it from redump.org itself (or ask directly), as the DATs don't contain anything that isn't visible in redump.org