Hi all,

how about we work together to get the faqs about dumping the games online in different languages?

I bet its normal for around 6 of 10 people here to understand english, but as someone born in germany it would be easier and more comfortable to me to be able to read them in german as well. And especially people from countries like france, spain, poland, italy and some other european countries have often big problems since they didnt learn english in school.

This weekend i ll try to translate the psx and ps2 faqs into german to post those faqs in the forum of HDDX. Since about 40% of the users there arent redumpers or were never on redump.org before i believe those faqs might help to get some of them to support our common goal to get more and more games dumped.

Hope to get some people here to translate those faqs as well.

GBK

I could help translating English guides to German aswell.

What's far more annoying is that with the current dumping guide for CD-based games about a quarter of Mixed-Mode CDs which I tried the guide simply is not sufficient. As soon as things are getting complicated it's left to technically more versed members reviewing posted .sub files and telling results, but they don't tell much about the technical backgrounds so newbies could learn from it. Additionally EAC (at least on my PC) has been wrong several times when detecting the first audio track's pregap, regardless of what quality the used drive is. In my case it was unable to detect a pregap of 02.00 and instead showed 00.00 - just happened with a Plextor PX-716A and a disc with clean subchannel data in pregap.

Members who are strictly following the existing guide have no chance at all to detect these pregap oddities, logically won't write a word about it as for them everything is as normal as could be, and finally will post checksums for Track 1 and Track 2 binaries which simply are wrong, which then might be added to the database without any further review.

Currently Rocknroms is discussing with F1ReB4LL on this thread about the special case of mixed-mode pregaps. I've posted a first guide proposal for this case in this thread.

What I just wanted to say is that before translating existing guides to different languages so more people can contribute dumps, I first would want to see airtight new guides combined with additional new utilities making things more secure and easier - and then see those guides translated to other languages. The question is: Do we really want to cause a run of new members contributing more and more first-time dumps which might be bad due to current guides being imperfect?

That's how I do see things - but in general I would welcome translated guides, too.

i would like to work with you on guides in german.. based on the redump guide but also "updated" by us if nobody from the staff has the time for it at the moment

I could do a Spanish translation, but I agree with Feltzkrone in that we need an updated guide in English first.

Obviously it's better to update guide before translating.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

I agree as well. Update the guides in English, I can do a proper Slovak translation then.

7 (edited by GBK666 2009-10-22 21:59:34)

woah, nice to see support by you people

i ll work on updating the Guide via the hddx forum and hopefully with the help of some redumpers since my english isnt perfect as well and i m not really a dumping pro beside psx and ps2 smile

needs wiki

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

Feltzkrone wrote:

What's far more annoying is that with the current dumping guide for CD-based games about a quarter of Mixed-Mode CDs which I tried the guide simply is not sufficient.

There are many more "special" cases, actually - corrupted scrambled data sectors (different drives give different descrambled results), audio CDs, multiple postgap indexes, special flags (like DCP), multisession CDs (Jaguar CD games, Dreamcast MIL-CDs, some PC games); also many ongoing problems - Neo Geo CDs protection (subs), CD-i Ready titles, etc, etc, etc...