1 (edited by MacGruber 2009-09-19 09:25:39)

Sometime ago, I dumped a PS2's game called "Scarface: The World Is Yours" and published here; yesterday I tryied to play it with my PS2 console and it doesn't work ok. I mean, I swapped the game a lot of times and even tryied on a different PS2 console, but the game gave me just a variant sequence of errors:

Mainly "load errors", I mean, sometimes it stopped in the first loading screen and didn't finish the loading; other times, the game was a little bit late but it loaded just fine and I could play it, but that time I only played some minutes because when a video sequence arised, it just frozen and I had to reset the console.

After many tries, it were always the same errors, so I decided to verify my disc against other images from the same game, so I downloaded all the images I found (from different uploaders of course); I had downloaded a total of 5 images and all have the same hashes and size, so I think my disc isn't failed because it haves the same size and hashes that all the other images I downloaded but it refuses to work at my PS2 console, so the only I can think is that I burned at a very high speed (16-18 x, high quality media), no more, no less hmm .

But, here begin my real question

I downloaded another image and here are the strange fact:

It haves the very same content but it weights a little bit more and haves different hashes that all the others images I downloaded. yikes

How could this be possible? hmm

I compared their raw, hexadecimal content with HxD, and effectively it told me:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5353/capture091920090516221.th.jpg

Thanks in advance. smile

P.D. The game link is: http://redump.org/disc/8121/

So your dumps are burned and not retail discs?

lol, you know the ppl are uploading many modified shit on the inet in meaning they do it better that all the others by resizing the images (under- or over-size however)

16-18x is really much, i would not choose it, burn it 1-2x it is much enough

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Jackal wrote:

So your dumps are burned and not retail discs?

Actually I own those games, but I tried this one on a friend's chipped PS2. I'm just wondering why didn't worked the burned game and what are that "extra" weight on one image. roll