I just recently got a PSP and modded it and noticed that there is a feature for reading the ISO of the UMD using the USB Mode. Would this be considered a valid way of dumping PSP games? I know it's not that fastest way but I was just curious.

how is it working? byte for byte? can't you just try it to compare the current way with USB one?

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Basically I'm going to the select menu on my custom firmware and changing the USB Device to UMD Disc and when I go to the drive on my computer I get an ISO file. I tried running the dumper that is listed on the forums but even with Time Machine installed I can't seem to get it to run to see if the dump from USB is the same as from that program.

Haldrie wrote:

Basically I'm going to the select menu on my custom firmware and changing the USB Device to UMD Disc and when I go to the drive on my computer I get an ISO file. I tried running the dumper that is listed on the forums but even with Time Machine installed I can't seem to get it to run to see if the dump from USB is the same as from that program.

The from usb option usually produces 2kb under-dumps, you should use pspfiler6.0 to make psp dumps, but it can only rip it to the memory stick, (and has a confusing menu system at first)
The specified software in the howto section is way outdated btw....

History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.