I found another of fuzzballs PSX dumps, which said it had no errors, but in actuallity it had 4 mastering errors.

So I reported this here, but something seemed to happen to the thread, it seems to have vanished or maybe it never got posted.

Anyway this is just to remind people that fuzzballs dumps have to be error checked.

So if anyone see's an error in any of fuzzballs psx dumps report the error information and then someone can fix therm.

I have my entire psx collection in an unpacked state, so I could easilly check all the fuzzball dumps I have for errors.

RESPECT: fuzzball cool

He who controls the SPICE... controls the UNIVERSE!
The SPICE must flow.

I never checked my PSX dumps for corruption and they were added with 0 errors...(i recall that fuzzball said the same in a old post). I checked the images in my last psx topic but i mentioned that in the info that i wrote but all the other PSX dumps i made i didn't check) so if we need to check the images for errors, the dumping guide should mention that.
http://redump.org/disc/774/ - 3 dumpers for this disc and it has 1 error and the DB reported 0... and maybe there are more similar cases...

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

I agree about the mentioning in the guide, and games do need to be error checked.

I had to ask around for info on loads of stuff that isnt in the guides, without which many a dump would have been completely wrong.

He who controls the SPICE... controls the UNIVERSE!
The SPICE must flow.

PLEASE, MODS, do not change any ERROR COUNTS on PSX dumps,
i am checking all images myself, should something be wrong i will correct it !!!

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

iRobot, i think that checking all those images it's a waste of time because the info that matters is the hashes and the filenames, all the other info is for documentation only. Instead i suggest that if someone finds some errors in the DB, the corrected info should be posted in "fixes & additions".
I've been checking some images and if i find something to correct i will post it...

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

yes of course, you think it easy?
someone can say a wrong info and it will be added without verification.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

I think that the info should be verified before changed!

I don't understood why you reacted so aggressively...
I think that redump is a sort of open DB (anyone can dump the discs and post the info) so, are you sure that all the posts in "dumps " and " fixes & additions" are correct? i don't think so... so you have to trust in the info posted and check it whenever possible...
Why would i lie when i said that populous had 1 error?? i don't see any reason for that and i want to believe that no one here wants to sabotage the database, like Fireball said in other post...

RetroGamer wrote:

I don't understood why you reacted so aggressively...

sorry, but it's not true, i am relaxed like a koala bear \o/

RetroGamer wrote:

Why would i lie when i said that populous had 1 error?? i don't see any reason for that and i want to believe that no one here wants to sabotage the database, like Fireball said in other post...

iR0b0t wrote:

PLEASE, MODS, do not change any ERROR COUNTS on PSX dumps,
i am checking all images myself, should something be wrong i will correct it !!!

lol, nobody says you or some special dumper did it, i was speaking to mods not to dumpers.
please don't take it personally next time, i didn't mention your name anywhere tongue

It seems that we are not in tune and i don't know if you understood my point of view
I talked about lying about the errors in Populous because you said that "someone can say a wrong info" and i gave that example to demostrate that neither i nor anyone have reasons to post false info in "fixes & additions".

iR0b0t wrote:

i didn't mention your name anywhere

iR0b0t wrote:

yes of course, you think it easy?

I'm so sorry but it seemed to me that when you wrote "you", you were refering to me lol

and trust me, i'm relaxed too (2 chicks are giving me a thai massage as i wrote this text lol)

Okay, i  see it was not that good idea to place my offer to mods here in this topic roll

Maybe one of your chicks has peck on the keyboard and has falsified your text lol (a joke)

And to have finally answered your question: "Don't worry, I will recheck your mentioned dumps!" ,)

Definitely we are not in tune...
C'mon iRobot, read the post #5 again...
I don't care if the DB reports no errors and the image has errors what matters is if the image is a good dump or not...
That's why i suggested to you that checking all those images was a waste of time because in my opinion that's not a very important info but if you think otherwise ok i can grab my discs, dump them again and check the image for corruption.
If you want to spend hours scanning images that's ok, what i said in post 5 was only a suggestion...

checking for errors give you an other type of "verification" for a good dump...