Ive recently downloaded "street fighter alpha 3" from a redump torrent as my origional disc is so badly scratched that it is now unplayable, so i downloaded it, unrared it, unrared the .cue for it and burnt it at a slow speed, i tried to play it in my modded ps1 and it simply doesnt load, can anyone tell me where im going wrong?

Thanks.

This is not really the type of questions that we expect in these forums, but anyway.. The only reason I can think of is that the cd brand isn't compatible with the ps1.. is it a cdrw? coz I don't think it can read those.

I also think it could be a disc incompatibility problem.  Try using a different brand CD, or use the same brand but burn a different image.  Maybe you can pinpoint the problem better.

And not to sound rude or anything but, next time try asking these questions in whatever site you got the image.  This site is mostly dedicated to database related stuff.  Not disc burning, playing stuff.  They usually have a comments section where you can voice your problems.

the cd brand i use works because ive backed up my other games and played them successfully on my ps1 with the same cds im using to burn these games.

maybe your burning tool does not fully support our cue stile (?)

try to make a single image - mount the redump cue and create a new image from it, and burn the output again.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Does the image work in an emulator?

If you have the (U) image, then it could have something to do with the fact that it has 2 data tracks.  It's one of those rare PSX games with 2 data tracks so maybe there is something going wrong somewhere.

Thanks for all of your help, im going to try and "mount the redump cue and create a new image from it, and burn the output again". Ill let you guys know how i get one.

Ive converted the .bin to an iso with magic iso, burnt it and it still wont play. All that happens when i insert the cd is it spins fast initially then it starts spinning really slowly and does nothing!, btw i dont understand because Ive burnt games before and used with the exact same procedure and they work seamlessly. If you paused your Torrent client during the download could that be a possible cause?

10 (edited by DJoneK 2009-06-04 02:00:47)

I think this could be some sort of incompatibility with your modchip.  I read in another forum about a poster with a different SFA3 image and a modded ps1 having a similar problem.

"When I put the CD in my PSone it gets past the Sony Entertainment white screen and then goes to the black Playstation screen but some letters are missing then just goes to a black screen."

As I said before, this image has 2 data tracks which is extremely rare in PSX games.  Maybe it has something to do with that.  Maybe the modchip is not programmed/capable of booting this weird game up.  Of course, Im just speculating.  Try using a swap trick.