I've seen that there are video DVDs in the PS2 section of the database, and I was thinking of dumping a few of them, but I have some questions before I start: first of all, how can I dump them? As far as I know, CSS encrypted DVDs can't be dumped directly, so do I have to use DVD Decrypter or something? And if so, which options should I use? Do I leave all the other protections intact?

And another question: I have DVDs that were given with preorders of some games (mostly from the Super Robot Taisen and Xenosaga series), so they are game-related, but not included with every copy of the game. Are they welcome in the database, too?

My apologies if this was already answered, I searched the forum and didn't find anything.

Well as far as CSS encrypted DVDs yes they can be dumped directly. All you have to do is unlock the DVD by begining playing it with any DVD player software and you can go from there dumping it with ISOBuster and what not but the thing is that the DVD will still retain the CSS encryption on it when you do that. I know it totally defeats the purpose of even being able to use the image for anything but getting checksum info from but that is how the senior staff wants it so it's hard to argue with that.

As far as the other DVDs you mentioned like the Xenosaga series I can't really say for sure if those will be accepted so you will have to wait for a more senior staff member to respond to that question.

Thank you, I didn't know about that method. I'm dumping the Cave/Arika bonus DVDs right now.

You can use SlySoft's AnyDVD, which decrypts CSS-protected discs on the fly and let you dump/copy them with any application.