On PSX games with audio tracks I trim the 2 second pregap from the end of the data track and then fix it with psxt001z. I dumped my copy of Eternal Champions (U) and all audio track crcs match.

I used this method to fix the data track.
resize -r -352800 "Track 01.bin"
scan in CDMage (last few sectors currupt/full of garbage data)
psxt001z.exe --gen dummy.bin (size of image file)
"import sctors" in CDMage from the all-zero dummy file.
rebuild sector fields in CDMage.

I ended up with a data track with a CRC that matches the db. Is this an okay way to fix the data track in general? I
s there a better / more direct way?

So my Eternal Champions dump matches the db http://redump.org/disc/2263/
EXE Data: 1995-05-11

2 (edited by pepsidrinker 2008-04-04 21:36:50)

How I repair them is by doing this...

No, psxtoo1 is only for playstation games, you dump unprotected pc games the same way, raw like you would a playstation game. How I dump games is I first dump it once with one drive then again with the other. I check the checksums if they don't match I run the first image through cdmage and copy the error log to a notepad (*Do not use the repair feature*) then I run the second image through cdmage and compare the difference, now because they both don't have the same checksums there are errors in one image that the other don't have so what I do is have the errors display  in the error log, hit Ctrl + Alt + I and pops up a window to import sectors, click radio button that says "Import sectors in the error log" use the image that don't have those errors and repair it like that.

I will also add I notice a drive can make the same error at the same sector and it's not a mastering error which adds even more weight to using two drives as the checksum matched, I dumped it with a second drive and that error wasn't present and repair like described above.

Did you dump it twice or just once before you did that? Someone with more know how will have to say if that is a reliable method you did.

I added you to the dumper list.

Three years and still going strong.

I found this problem with some data tracks of Saturn games dumped with PerfectRip, but I only redumped them with Isobuster and CDMage reported no errors.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

4 (edited by pepsidrinker 2008-04-04 22:59:04)

I think I am going to make a guide to cdmage for repairing and using it to find 2nd track gap when our tools fail, example fighter maker both eac and pr give a zero gap, cdmage gave 225 errors before resize, went back 225 sectors in sector view and sure enough there was the garbage data in gap, helped with hexen and it's 6 second gap and the nfl gameday games and their 4 sec gaps.

That would be great! It does seem to be a good way to check gaps.

I dumped the eternal champions data track on a different drive and it comes out with a matching crc after resize (no fixing necessary).

Yeah it's worked good for me so far, it's a shame we don't have a way to manually check other track gaps at least I don't know a way.

Glad it worked out for you.