Does it mean a drive that can be used with scrambled mode = 0xd8 and 0xbe?
Can SACD rip on all drives that support scramble mode?
Is it acceptable if I submit a log without registering?
Does DIC support CD-TEXT?

hoolnoo wrote:

Does it mean a drive that can be used with scrambled mode = 0xd8 and 0xbe?

I don't understand the question. 0xD8 and 0xD9 are the commands that force the drive to read the sector as audio and output the datatrack sectors without descrambling. 0xBE is a normal reading command. 0xBE can also output the scrambled data on any drive if you insert the audio cd first, then swap it with the data cd without sending the "eject" command to the drive (so the TOC wouldn't be updated).

hoolnoo wrote:

Can SACD rip on all drives that support scramble mode?

Just like any other drive - CD layer - yes, DVD layer - no.

hoolnoo wrote:

Is it acceptable if I submit a log without registering?

Yes.

hoolnoo wrote:

Does DIC support CD-TEXT?

Yes.

> I don't understand the question.
Sorry, the words were not transmitted well.
Can a drive that only supports 0xbe be able to correctly rip a regular CD?
If possible, how far do you support protected CDs?
Or can you rip the CD correctly only with the recommended drive in github.com/saramibreak/DiscImageCreator?

Only drives that are traditionally supposed to be able to rip all the contents of the SACD can rip all of the SACD?

hoolnoo wrote:

Can a drive that only supports 0xbe be able to correctly rip a regular CD?

Plextor is generally needed in 2 cases: to dump discs with audio tracks where the last audio track has non-zero data upto the very end (any drive with overread into lead out should be suitable for that, but there are only a couple of non-plextor ones with that feature) and to dump the discs with mastering errors to avoid altering the data by the drive's firmware. Both tasks can be done on a BE-only drive, though, if you insert the audio CD first, then replace it with the data CD without triggering the tray ejection, so the drive could work with the data CD without updating the TOC.

If possible, how far do you support protected CDs?
Or can you rip the CD correctly only with the recommended drive in github.com/saramibreak/DiscImageCreator?

Read the readme.md from the DIC archive about the supported protections.

hoolnoo wrote:

Only drives that are traditionally supposed to be able to rip all the contents of the SACD can rip all of the SACD?

SACDs are DVDs, they aren't CDs. You can probably try to use the similar swapping technique to dump its contents into image, but the image will be encrypted and you won't get the keys without the proper handshaking sequence on a real SACD-capable device. Just like Xbox discs are dumpable via swapping on any DVD drive, but you can't get the SS ranges that way, since that data is stored in a special area in the lead-in and requires performing special commands by the drive's firmware, the dumping tool alone won't help there.

https://github.com/saramibreak/DiscImag … /README.md
The item of the drive corresponding to CD exists in Requirement but there is no item of the drive corresponding to each protection disk.
Is it good to think that it is the same thing?

> You can probably try to use the similar swapping technique to dump its contents into image
Do you know which drives support this, or do you fall into the category of "DVD: All supported drives"?
> you won't get the keys without the proper handshaking sequence
What if this can not be done?
And how do I get the right handshaking sequence?

I have two doubts I have noticed, so I apologize for asking you.

.bin is 2352bytes/sector and described in https://github.com/github.com/saramibre … /README.md
However, CDs are up to 2448bytes/sector.
Where are these 96 bytes (subchannel R-W?) Stored?

Of the disks that need to use /p, has it been confirmed that it is necessary to rip -76sectors and beyond?
(It can only rip up to -75sectors with many PLEXTOR genuine drives)

P.S.
Useful information about CD-MIDI
https://www.journaldulapin.com/2019/01/ … dden-midi/

> However, CDs are up to 2448 bytes / sector.
Excuse me for making a bad explanation.
correction
The CD consists of subchannels up to 2352 bytes / sector + 96 bytes / sector (except for the 2 bytes sync signal).
.bin is 2352 bytes / sector, but is there no subchannel in this?

If not, subchannel data is included only in .sub, but
There are only bin and cue in the database,
Is there no problem?

hoolnoo wrote:

https://github.com/saramibreak/DiscImag … /README.md
The item of the drive corresponding to CD exists in Requirement but there is no item of the drive corresponding to each protection disk.
Is it good to think that it is the same thing?

http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title= … _(DIC_CLI)

Be aware the PX-W4824 series is unsuitable for dumping discs with SecuROM (ecc/edc of the mode 2 sector doesn't match), CDS100, CDS200, Label Gate, and XCP (Doesn't read TOC correctly).
Be aware that the PX-716 series (possibly other DVD drives) is unsuitable for dumping some SafeDisc versions (Illegal MSF).

hoolnoo wrote:

> You can probably try to use the similar swapping technique to dump its contents into image
Do you know which drives support this, or do you fall into the category of "DVD: All supported drives"?

Any DVD drive, if you remove its metal cover to change the discs manually. Many drives also allow to change the discs by using the pin hole to mechanically eject the tray (but not all).

hoolnoo wrote:

> you won't get the keys without the proper handshaking sequence
What if this can not be done?
And how do I get the right handshaking sequence?

You need to make your own Kreon-like firmware to perform those additional commands.

hoolnoo wrote:

Where are these 96 bytes (subchannel R-W?) Stored?

Decoded cuesheets are stored + specific libcrypt and securom fields, where needed. Sadly, our db doesn't allow to store the raw subs nor to store the key values and generate subs on the fly.

hoolnoo wrote:

It can only rip up to -75sectors with many PLEXTOR genuine drives

I don't remember how the /p command works, but you can extract the -5000 to -1100 range instead, it will include the TOC and the entire pregap.

hoolnoo wrote:

Useful information about CD-MIDI

We need the disc itself or, at least, someone who has it.

Thank you for solving many questions.
I'm sorry but I want you to get along with my question a little more.

"Be aware the PX-W4824 series is suitable for dumping discs with secuROM (CDC100, CDS200, Label Gate, and XCP (Does not read TOC correct)).
Be aware that the PX-716 series (possibly other DVD drives) is unsuitable for dumping some SafeDisc versions (Illegal MSF). "
= There is no problem at present, including drives that do not support 0xd8 except this,
Thank you.
Does "possibly other DVD drives" mean all DVD drives?

"if you insert the audio CD first, then replace it with the data CD without triggering the tray ejection, so the drive could work with the data CD without updating the TOC."
Is the first audio CD to be inserted limited to one with no data track?
Is it possible to insert a data CD containing music tracks next?
Is the unit of -1100 a sector?
Can not read until -1099?
Are the libcrypt and securom fields in .bin?

hoolnoo wrote:

Does "possibly other DVD drives" mean all DVD drives?

Means we don't know, you need to test by yourself and report us.

hoolnoo wrote:

"if you insert the audio CD first, then replace it with the data CD without triggering the tray ejection, so the drive could work with the data CD without updating the TOC."
Is the first audio CD to be inserted limited to one with no data track?

Yes, if you want to be able to read all the sectors as scrambled. You can also burn your own CD with a single 700MB dummy (empty) audio track and use it (but some drives only allow to swap pressed discs to pressed discs and cd-rs to cdrs).

hoolnoo wrote:

Is it possible to insert a data CD containing music tracks next?

Of course. And if the Audio CD has more sectors than your data+audio disc, you will be able to read the offset-shifted data from leadout even without the overreading into leadout feature.

hoolnoo wrote:

Is the unit of -1100 a sector?
Can not read until -1099?

It doesn't read the actual -5000 to -1100 sectors, it's more of a special command, the drive then reads the TOC area, first pregap and sometimes the main data areas (somewhat random). It's hard to explain, you need to buy a Plextor and test by yourself.

hoolnoo wrote:

Are the libcrypt and securom fields in .bin?

No, these db entries have additional files with a partial subchannel contents.

Thank you for answering.
I once again recognized that PLEXTOR was a really good drive maker.

"Without updating the TOC."
What should I do to update?

"Of course. And if the Audio CD has more sectors than your data+audio disc, you will be able to read the offset-shifted data from leadout even without the overreading into leadout feature."
In other words, is there no problem if it supports over reading?

hoolnoo wrote:

"Without updating the TOC."
What should I do to update?

The TOC gets updated when you press the "eject" button on the drive or when you send the "eject" command from the operating system. If you want to read the disc as scrambled on a "normal" drive, you need to insert the audio CD, then to swap it with the data CD, the drive will "think" the audio CD is still inserted and show you the data without descrambling.

hoolnoo wrote:

"Of course. And if the Audio CD has more sectors than your data+audio disc, you will be able to read the offset-shifted data from leadout even without the overreading into leadout feature."
In other words, is there no problem if it supports over reading?

If your drive supports overreading, you don't need to use swapping to read the audio tracks. But if you want to read the data as scrambled and your drive doesn't support the D8, D9 commands, you need to use swapping.

”The TOC gets updated when you press the "eject" button on the drive or when you send the "eject" command from the operating system. If you want to read the disc as scrambled on a "normal" drive, you need to insert the audio CD, then to swap it with the data CD, the drive will "think" the audio CD is still inserted and show you the data without descrambling.”
I understand that the TOC will be updated if you use "eject" after exchanging data CD from audio CD without using "eject", but is there any chance that it will be descrambled at that time?

”If your drive supports overreading, you don't need to use swapping to read the audio tracks. But if you want to read the data as scrambled and your drive doesn't support the D8, D9 commands, you need to use swapping.”
I understand that ripping can start immediately if overreading is possible and there is no data track.
Can not use DIC with drives that can not be overreading?

hoolnoo wrote:

I understand that the TOC will be updated if you use "eject" after exchanging data CD from audio CD without using "eject", but is there any chance that it will be descrambled at that time?

If you use "eject", the tray will open and that's all. If you close it normally, the drive will load the data CD TOC and will read and descramble the data like before.

hoolnoo wrote:

Can not use DIC with drives that can not be overreading?

Overreading is needed to read the last audio track upto the end. When the combined offset is positive, the data is shifted into lead-out and you need overreading feature or swapping to read the shifted bytes. And the track will be incomplete without those bytes.

Thank you for answers to many questions.
Please allow me to ask some questions at the end.

The default value for /c2 is 4000. Is it okay to change the value if it takes a long time?

"Be aware that the PX-716 series (possibly other DVD drives) is unsuitable for dumping some SafeDisc versions (Illegal MSF)."
Can't read SafeDisc using 0xbe on px-716 series?

"SecuROM (v4.x or higher), StarForce, CD-Cops [recording density]
=> These needs DPM (Data position measurement). Cue, ccd doesn't support DPM. You need to use the Alcohol 120/52% to store it, "
Is written to use Alcohol,
"Alpha-ROM, ROOT, TAGES [duplicated (double, triple) sector]
=> It can read in reverse, but specifications are not decided in redump.org "
What alternative software should I use to rip these discs?

During my trial, I realized that DIC is not compatible with Safe-Disc (DVD).
What alternative software should I use for ripping?

hoolnoo wrote:

The default value for /c2 is 4000. Is it okay to change the value if it takes a long time?

It only takes a long time if the disc is damaged, for the good discs /c2 9999 shouldn't be longer than /c2 1. And if your disc is damaged it's upto you to decide if you want to wait for as good dump as possible or not.

I hope our PC gurus will answer the rest of the questions.

I raise the error retry up to 25000 with my 4x read batch file, so yes it's fine.

Nope, 716 and 760 (and others) just have a firmware bug, most safedisc will work fine but some will fail. This is for CD SafeDisc only. I recommend a PX-W5224TA or Premium 1/2 as these drives can dump all. Keep the 716A for DVD and LaserLock.

We are currently not saving DPM. You can use either Alcohol or Daemon Tools.

These sector protections we are currently trying to find or create a solution for. In the mean time Dameon Tools can dump them for you own use, but the images are encrypted so not useful to us.

What is the problem with SafeDisc DVD?

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

Nexy wrote:

716 and 760 (and others) just have a firmware bug, most safedisc will work fine but some will fail.

Does anyone tested if this firmware bug is found on every firmware versions ? Just a thought, as it is not clearly stated.

Saturn Database {-} Retro Deals search engine that helps you find stuff (plextor drives, games, etc.) easily on eBay {-} My Redump Logs

Thank you very much Administrator.

Nexy wrote:

What is the problem with SafeDisc DVD?

I think the "/sf" for DVDs was only supported in a single test version and was rejected from the 'main' build for some reason?