so my old faithful plextor doesn't work after getting it back out of storage, the laser/pickup doesn't work so it will not detect a disc is inserted so obviously doesn't even spin it up.
need a new one ASAP.

if i remember rightly the new 8xx series ones are no good (rebranded crap)

anyone have a good source for one in the UK?

Are the old SCSI ones any good for CD dumping?

2 (edited by Jackal 2018-12-28 13:02:29)

Kludge could prolly help you out, but he's AFK.

How fast do you need it? When do you start working again (I'm assuming you're here because you have vacation)?

Jackal wrote:

How fast do you need it? When do you start working again (I'm assuming you're here because you have vacation)?

It’s not an immediate need, Just soon or i’ll Get distracted.

Nah I’m back at work now,
Only had Xmas day and Boxing Day off.

Things have calmed down a lot lately though, we employed some new staff who are actually up to the job so I’m not so busy anymore (Linux sysadmins are hard to come by) And have sorted more care for mum so I don’t have to look after her so much now so have more free time as not travelling down to see to her every other day.

wiggy2k wrote:
Jackal wrote:

It’s not an immediate need, Just soon or i’ll Get distracted.

Nah I’m back at work now,
Only had Xmas day and Boxing Day off.

Things have calmed down a lot lately though, we employed some new staff who are actually up to the job so I’m not so busy anymore (Linux sysadmins are hard to come by) And have sorted more care for mum so I don’t have to look after her so much now so have more free time as not travelling down to see to her every other day.

Ah ok smile I guess Kludge will be back soon

One of our members told me he has a few dozens of CD plextors for sale, try to ask him, I've PMed you his email.