This post is mainly PlayStation-centric, I don't think it really applies to other systems (although they do tend to have the game ID in the ringcode, e.g. Xbox, GameCube/Wii).

Would it be possible to check a game by adding the ringcode into the search bar? So far, my quickest way to check/verify newly acquired games is by putting the game ID into the search box, but even that can lead to multiple results.

For example, "54321" yields two results, one for NBA Live 2004 for Xbox (it is part of a hash value listed in the comments section) as well as Need For Speed: Carbon (which is SLES-54321). Searching for a ringcode (e.g. A0100749653-A511, or partial code like 749653) yields nothing in the current design, but would differentiate between alternate releases of the same game if it was implemented (which generally use the same ID, give or take a # symbol or /P for Platinum etc., for example Gran Turismo 2 or Tekken Tag Tournament).

If it could show the ringcode in the results list, that would be a nice touch, however on the down side this would mean some results would have more than one ringcode listed in the field which may clutter up the display unless only the first is used (e.g. identical discs which otherwise mach but have a 26 on the end instead of a 17, and dual layer discs with the B911 ringcode for the second layer).

Additionally, I think the mastering logo (e.g. DADC AUSTRIA, DADC, Sony DADC found on PAL games) should be in a separate field rather than mixed with the ringcode itself - some discs don't have a logo at all (notably PS3, and the blank top half of some PS2 discs, A0900555555-B511; sometimes it has a logo, other times not).

You can always check for the hashes of your dump but this requires you dumping the game first.

Heihachi_73 wrote:

Additionally, I think the mastering logo (e.g. DADC AUSTRIA, DADC, Sony DADC found on PAL games) should be in a separate field rather than mixed with the ringcode itself - some discs don't have a logo at all (notably PS3, and the blank top half of some PS2 discs, A0900555555-B511; sometimes it has a logo, other times not).

I've said this many times, since logos aren't a normal text and shouldn't be in the mastering ringcode part.