1 (edited by tossEAC 2012-09-24 22:00:17)

Hopefully someone can answer these questions, I feel I need moderators advice on these particular questions.

Firstly I have dumped King of Fighters 94,95,96 NeoCD.

I got matches on everything, except for Track 1, KOF 94. The audio matches but track 1 does not.

I have cleaned the disc and still get the same, the cleaned disc is as good as new (no scratches and perfectly clean).

So thats stumped me a bit, the obvious answer is its a different version, maybe.

The other disc Im having trouble matching is Sega Saturn Worlwide Soccer 97. All tracks match except Track 03 (1st Audio track). The disc hadn't been cleaned and is as good as new, I have dumped with perfect rip, and eac and get the same results everytime.

I also tried ripping my mini audio cd, Shin Seiki Evangelion - 2nd Impression Mini Audio CD (Japan) ([SS] Shin Seiki Evangelion - 2nd Impression Bundle) thats strange, I get every track a miss match.

Another game thats bugging me is, Mighty Hits Special (PSX) every time I dump it I get the same results, even after I cleaned it. It has one error in CDMage which is fixable. I don't think the error should be their, maybe it has a tiny hole, like a pin prick in the disc, maybe thats why thats causing the error. I will have to look at the disc again, and see if it does have a little pin prick type scratch in it.

I think their are other cds I'm having issues with but these are the main ones I need help with.

Anyhelp will be gratefully appreciated. smile thanks n advance.

One final QQ: Anyone know if PSX/PS2 Datel Discs will ever be dumpable (Properly), any way of dumping them in RAW mode?

He who controls the SPICE... controls the UNIVERSE!
The SPICE must flow.

About SWWS your disc is another pressing. I own the "A " pressing disc but didn't dumped it yet

http://forum.redump.org/topic/11108/ver … rn-europe/

Sometimes PSX disc have errors in CDmage even in discs without audio tracks. We can't repair those errors!! If you got always the same CRC the dump is fine! smile

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

3 (edited by axisleon 2012-09-24 22:54:04)

Hello,

I have King of Fighters 95 and 96 NeoCD.

I'll dump these Track01, tonight.

Edit: Sorry for my poor english, seems only KOF '94 problem. tongue

Hmm, should I check my '95 and '96 disc?

4 (edited by tossEAC 2012-09-25 04:53:46)

Thanks, I'll check SWS, and see what pessing it is.

KOF yes dump them, you might find yours are different like I did with 94. I'll try to submit my neocd dumps tommorrow, I have three or four not in db. I may branch out with neocd and buy some more, as they clean up really easy.

Checked SWS - looks like its Revision D, from the D on the ring smile

He who controls the SPICE... controls the UNIVERSE!
The SPICE must flow.

[Verify][NGCD] The King of Fighters '95 (Japan) (Track 01)

Device: Lite-on iHBS212-07 2 (+6)(Overread Lead-In)
Tool: IsoBuster v2.8.5

http://redump.org/disc/24412/

Mastering Code (Ringcode): NGCD-084 MT    B08
Mastering SID Code: IFPI L262
Mould SID Code: IFPI 4405
Additional Mould Text: L

Hashes:

<rom name="King of Fighters '95, The (Japan) (En,Ja) (Track 01).bin" size="44777376" crc="5ada10cd" md5="a5ea3d9a553504a36d2d96d1d4fd15b3" sha1="d6bc6ee36323af596d0137c49153f3a0423f326c"/>

-------------------------------------

[Verify][NGCD] The King of Fighters '96 (Japan) (Track 01)

Device: Lite-on iHBS212-07 2 (+6)(Overread Lead-In)
Tool: IsoBuster v2.8.5

http://redump.org/disc/24413/

Mastering Code (Ringcode): NGCD-214 MT    A04
Mastering SID Code: IFPI L261
Mould SID Code: IFPI 4425
Additional Mould Text: None

Hashes:

<rom name="King of Fighters '96, The (Japan) (En,Ja) (Track 01).bin" size="60556944" crc="3f2154ce" md5="7110c64c79d143fff97d8ee80254ca92" sha1="080f9832a0523286a47664b782a358d09c0a4662"/>

-------------------------------------

Summary: The both tracks match the DB.

axisleon, please dump the audio tracks from both discs and post the dumping info so that they can be added as verification dumps.

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

7 (edited by pablogm123 2012-09-26 01:56:57)

http://www.satakore.com/forum/viewtopic … &t=204
Another person has noticed that there is one-byte difference between A/B pressings.

Do the audio tracks from your disc should match the ones from this dump, the japanese release of WWS'97?
http://redump.org/disc/24186/

I have the A pressing, and audiotracks match perfectly the one from that japanese release.

If you own a Premium or PX-7xx Plextor drive, you can download the PlexTools XL Professional 3.16 and run a C1/C2 scan to determinate the quality of disc.
C1: Every disc, even a new CD in mint condition, has C1 errors.
C2: More severe damage, but still readable.
CU: Unrecoverable damage, and corrupted data.

If you have a Mediatek based Lite-On drive, or a NEC based NEC/Optiarc drive you run the Nero DiscSpeed program to make a Disc Quality test, but these drives doesn't report C2 errors, and the CU errors reported by PlexTools are known as C2 in Nero DiscSpeed.

And take into account that, speaking of pure audio CD, is nothing unusual that there are different pressings, with identical data but shifted/offseted. So that, you will get different hashes, even if everything is fine.

Can you describe a Datel CD?

On semi-vacation. MSF/AMSF to LBA/offset and viceversa calculator: link
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot
Spaces must be the fullwidth variant: link / screenshot

RetroGamer wrote:

axisleon, please dump the audio tracks from both discs and post the dumping info so that they can be added as verification dumps.

Hi RetroGamer, ok, I'm lazy man, I'll post complete verify info the dump section.  tongue

tossEAC wrote:

Thanks, I'll check SWS, and see what pessing it is.

KOF yes dump them, you might find yours are different like I did with 94. I'll try to submit my neocd dumps tommorrow, I have three or four not in db. I may branch out with neocd and buy some more, as they clean up really easy.

Hi, tossEAC, I notice your list contain DreamCast and XBOX(1) dump.

I have a drive of Samsung TSH-D162C (+6)(No Overread), not refresh the Kreon firmware yet.

After I refreshing Kreon, can the drive still dump the DC games?

Waiting for your reply, I asked in IRC, everyone there not very sure.