1 (edited by samsam12 2022-01-04 01:55:59)

The big stuff

Kreon drives cannot rip Xbox 360 stealth files correctly. The hash is auto generated
ss_sector_range is making SS.bin read out false values for a hash that isn't accurate to the dump
XGD3 rips with Kreon should be removed entirely, as the hash can never be valid.

hadzz explains why this doesn't work... did some tests on my own xgd3 disc comparing 0800 and kreon, abgx360 does do a reasonable at rebuilding the replay table (with some differences, that I don't know if they're major or minor) but there's missing data on the top of the file too, so the SS CRC (not raw) wouldn't even match an 0800 rip

In short, while the hashes for Redump's disc images are "correct" the majority of the discs security sectors in the database are either

Incorrect
Zeroed for having a normal hash despite the console not expecting a table with zero deviation
Incorrect from using a ripper that wasn't even created for the purpose of ripping XGD3 discs

Kreon drives were used for Xbox. For all Xbox 360 discs, they were a temporary solution for piracy/back ups and were entirely dropped by scene, ABGX, and pretty much everybody else.

2 (edited by user7 2022-01-04 02:23:17)

>The benefit to the more complex/expensive 0800 method, is that it can read the security sector info properly from the "XGD3" type of Xbox 360 discs.

Already noted in the wiki.

>In short, while the hashes for Redump's disc images are "correct" the majority of the discs security sectors in the database are either

Mods can choose not to add hashes for Kreon XGD3 ss.bins.

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, the ISO images are correct and it's just the SS security sectors that don't match up.

Agent47 wrote:

Unless I'm reading this wrong, the ISO images are correct and it's just the SS security sectors that don't match up.

Correct.

However, can we actully list the amount of XGD3 games that were dumped using a Kreon in Redump? Can we detect this?

5 (edited by samsam12 2022-01-05 01:34:32)

user7 wrote:

>The benefit to the more complex/expensive 0800 method, is that it can read the security sector info properly from the "XGD3" type of Xbox 360 discs.

Already noted in the wiki.

>In short, while the hashes for Redump's disc images are "correct" the majority of the discs security sectors in the database are either

Mods can choose not to add hashes for Kreon XGD3 ss.bins.

But then you're missing information from the disc - which defeats the entire point of ripping the disc for preservation. It shouldn't be preferred to dump with inferior tools at the expense of accuracy.

6 (edited by user7 2022-01-05 01:42:35)

Better ss info can be added by the next dumper. There's no reason to not preserve the disc image when perfectly dumped. We handle our other encrypted systems the same way. If kreon ss info is useless then maybe it shouldn't be recorded.

The compromise would be something like

XGD3 Kreon - effectively useless
Kreon - not as accurate, but should be archived if there's no SSv2
0800 - more accurate and replaces a Kreon rip (that has not gotten used with ss_sector, which downgrades it to a Kreon rip for the purpose of a matching hashes - RawSS is the only hash which should be denoted)

8 (edited by diego-rbb-93 2022-01-05 16:08:49)

I still dont get this. How can we know how each dump was made? I can confirm all my dumps comes from a 0800 BenQ. But the rest?

And again: Which SS needs to be redumped for ABGX? Because for example, my friend JHMiller always used his 0800 model. All his additions should come from this writer (i need to confirm this just in case).

I guess you'd have to ask every dumper. Are there many?
I also always used a 0800 BenQ.

diego-rbb-93 wrote:

I still dont get this.

Test the ss.bins? If they have use (to access online servers?) then just test the files and see if they work.

I think it would be essential to establish a list for games lacking correct SS dumping. I've been checking ABGX and thanks god, JHMiller and other users long ago dumped A LOT of them correctly, but as we've been finding out more games never dumped before, it would be nice to make sure all of them have these SS files correctly preserved.